Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it wrong to try your luck with Solo - page 2. (Read 409 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
January 29, 2023, 08:04:16 PM
Is 110TH enough to gamble with Bitcoin solo mining? If you can solve a Bitcoin block in 4-7 years do you think it's worth the hassle? What can 110TB do to make this possible? I have free electricity I just want to embark on this try-your-luck journey, do you think it's worth it? I am not in haste and I am ready to just plug the ASIC miner and move on, I have other business that fetches me good money so..

No.

9 days at viabtc.com pps+
1 day at solo.ckpool.org

_________________________________-
After 100 days with free power

you have 110 x .0767 = 843.70 usd

and maybe you hit a solo block.

the math says 110th will take more then 15000 days to hit a solo block.

block is 6.25 x 24000 = 150,000 usd

150,000/ 8.4370 = 17778 days

so in 100 day time frame.  you have a 1 in 177 shot at a block

but the other way. 90-10

you have a 1777.8 shot at a block

and 100 percent  shot at 837.

I assume no gear breaks
and earnings stay at 7.67 cents a th

to me

I want the certain 837.

I have 2.5 ph pointed at viabtc.

I have 20-200th pointed at this pool

https://pool.laurentiapool.org/#/miners

if anyone hits my guy gets 2.14 btc

my guy is 146U...1gx3

the pool does 200 to 400th so it may take 8500 days to hit a block.

which is why I do not point a ton at it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
January 29, 2023, 07:44:27 PM
I don't really believe in "free electricity": someone pays for it. And if they notice a continuous 3000W going to your place, they may not like it.

If you walk into a coffee shop and they don't charge you for the cup of coffee you drink then it's free as far as you are concerned, just because someone else pays for it doesn't change the fact, the same thing is true if you are forced by the law to walk into that coffee shop and pay 1$ per entry whether or not you drink the coffee or not.

In many places around the world,  essentials like electricity are subsidized by the government, yes the government is using your money to subsidize the electricity, but you can't ask them to give you that money in cash or give you apples instead.

Even in some "modernized" countries where power is not subsidized, some people pay for fixed contracts, say the minimum is 1000kWh and your house uses only half of that, you can't just buy 500kWh, so you are forced to get 1000kWh, the otherwise wasted 500kWh falls safely under the term "free".

OP, no hashrate is ever enough for solo mining, just like no amount of money is enough to buy you enough lottery tickets to guarantee a win ( unless you buy all the tickets which don't make you win anything anyway).

With 110Th and assuming both price and difficulty will not change, you can easily earn $250 a month mining to a PPS/PPLNS pool, in 10-12 months you will ROI the mining gear and enjoy a stable almost guaranteed income of $250, makes a lot more sense than solo mining, if you insist on trying your luck, go ahead, you might as well just hit a block, but you need to be aware of the fact that it's extremely unlikely for that to happen, you need to be freaking lucky to hit a block with that hashrate.

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
January 29, 2023, 03:33:02 PM
It may be that he is involved in wind farms and / or has relationships with such persons or institutions. This is not uncommon and some even know one personally and could put a device there that is likely to operate up to several kilowatts. It does not have to be criminal, as the OP is accused here to heap.

@OP: If you can really operate a 110 TH miner for free in a legal way and the investment costs of a miner based on your description with the "other well-functioning and money-earning business concept" does not matter --> then definitely GO FOR IT!
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
January 29, 2023, 01:01:28 AM
Is 110TH enough to gamble with Bitcoin solo mining? If you can solve a Bitcoin block in 4-7 years do you think it's worth the hassle? What can 110TB do to make this possible? I have free electricity I just want to embark on this try-your-luck journey, do you think it's worth it? I am not in haste and I am ready to just plug the ASIC miner and move on, I have other business that fetches me good money so..

If you have a business and the given amount is good, it is of course good and in your favor, dude. Then the ASIC miner is fine and okay, according to what I see in the various branches of the social media platform.

But there's just one thing I can't believe, and that's "Free electricity" How did that happen? that doesn't seem possible. Unless you are an electrical Engr. what is said may be true but if not. I don't know. Anyway, 110TH, that's high in my opinion. and the profit would be nice too, so I think ROI for this will not for long I think in my opinion.
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
January 28, 2023, 02:18:05 PM
Hypothetical thoughts.
If OP has free electricity (we will neglect the fact that someone pays anyway), then you can take a chance with a 2% chance. With luck, it will bring a good bonus.
You'll still pay for the miner, and chances are you'll never earn it back if you go solo.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
January 28, 2023, 12:00:07 PM
At current hash rate, you'll have a 2% chance of solving a block in a year. Up to you to decide if that's worth it.

I don't really believe in "free electricity": someone pays for it. And if they notice a continuous 3000W going to your place, they may not like it.
Hypothetical thoughts.
If OP has free electricity (we will neglect the fact that someone pays anyway), then you can take a chance with a 2% chance. With luck, it will bring a good bonus.

If you don’t want trouble from the electricity supplier (who will sooner or later discover a 3000W leak), then why not connect your mining power to a common pool. This will bring even a smaller, but guaranteed income and without unnecessary problems.

If you are ready to try-your-luck journey, then what are you waiting for? Just do it.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 27, 2023, 08:27:51 PM
At current hash rate, you'll have a 2% chance of solving a block in a year. Up to you to decide if that's worth it.

Alas the 2% comment is wrong.

At the moment, with the current difficulty, a 110TH/s miner has 1 in 16987.8 chance of finding a block in a day.
http://tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php

However you can't convert that to "days to find a block" since the difficulty change over any time frame more than until the next difficulty change (usually less than 2 weeks) is not constant.

A simple factual calculation:
1-Jan-2022 network difficulty was 24.2T
1-Jan-2023 network difficulty was 35.4T

That's a 45.7% increase so any estimate of just 12 months was far from correct.
(and no one can estimate what the difficulty will be in 12 months)
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
January 27, 2023, 06:54:47 AM

Well, in fact, taking into account the growth of the hashrate of the bitcoin network, which has already reached 314.6 EH/s, your Asic has 1/2860000 of the total hashrate of the bitcoin network, therefore your miner has a chance the miner has a 0.000035% chance of finding a block that he will statistically catch one block out of every 2860000 blocks or 19,861 days, which is 54.4 years, this is without taking into account your luck, of course.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 27, 2023, 02:59:08 AM
Imho the math will always tell you it's not worth it. It's up to you, if you have another hash rate on pools and want to gamble some TH. Because it's gambling. Some, few, get lucky. The rest.. are not in the news.
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
January 27, 2023, 02:45:16 AM

Activity: 686
Merit: 403
January 27, 2023, 02:12:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: