Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ledger Nano S really better than a free paper wallet? - page 2. (Read 232 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2
Total technology newbie here.

Recently bought a Ledger Nano S.  I have not yet figured out how to launch the wallet apps.  So this is not as simple to use as advertised.

It makes me wonder, is the Ledger really worth the $80?

Because if you lose the Ledger device, all your coin is gone and cannot be retrieved?
If Google Chrome has some issue with your computer, you have to buy another whole computer just to use the Ledger?
Or can you use a public computer to access with Ledgers?
And isn't Google typically intrusive with peoples information, if so, why did Ledger choose Google Chrome as the only way to operate the wallets?

The paper wallets do not require these complicated set-ups and there are no snafu's involved.
Plus if you lose your paper wallet you can just reference a backup paper wallet, but with Ledger's if you lose the device it is all gone for ever

Plus a paper wallet is easier to conceal than this high tech looking Ledger thing.
Plus you can just email the paper wallet address to yourself, for free, and have a digital copy right there.
Plus if you drop a ledger in water or some other issue like that (fire, damage), your coin is gone for ever.

I'm just confused why is the Ledger Nano so highly recommended? Huh

I can not even get the Ledger to work for me
Pages:
Jump to: