Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Libra the future anyone wants? - page 4. (Read 1335 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
August 18, 2019, 11:06:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Libra is the name of the blockchain, and Calibra is the name of the company. I see the Facebook team wants to build a Blockchain and coins that have coin capacity levels into global currencies. I think this is not much different from the blockchain that we are currently using. Maybe the Libra name is popular more quickly because it has a Facebook team. For the truth of this we have not found. Perhaps the strength of Libra is that it is easier to recruit investors compared to Bitcoin in the past. Bitcoin is formed from the ground up, whereas Libra has already been there Facebook as a strong foundation.
If Facebook is really building a blockchain, then I think that they are already digging their grave already, except maybe they will regulate the blockchain and any project that will want to come through their chain, because we can see what is happening to Ethereum right now.

Whatever blockchain that Facebook is building will be very similar to the services of Ethereum also and if that is the case, they will surely affect the existence of Ethereum because many people will migrate to their blockchain being that they are very popular already and people will get to know about projects through them than any other blockchain services company but we will still end up having shit projects more through them through the billions of users that they have except maybe they will regulate theirs.
Activity: 691
Merit: 100
August 18, 2019, 03:52:43 AM
if the community is sure to have an element to be sure of the way to be able to get about digital payments until advertising occurs the problem comes to its essence to consumers whose income is closed ..
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
August 18, 2019, 02:34:39 AM
The creation of the Libra coin on Facebook met with great resistance from the governments of the United States and other G-7 countries. At the recent G-7 summit, it was decided to take any measures, up to a ban on the circulation of this coin in the territory of its states. These states fear, first of all, the great influence of Libra on the global financial system, as well as the concentration in private hands of confidential information about a significant part of the world's population. Given this, Libra is unlikely to ever appear, and even Facebook has already expressed doubt about this.
Activity: 721
Merit: 19
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
August 17, 2019, 04:35:26 AM
Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants

If I'm not mistaken, Libra is the name of the blockchain, and Calibra is the name of the company. I see the Facebook team wants to build a Blockchain and coins that have coin capacity levels into global currencies. I think this is not much different from the blockchain that we are currently using. Maybe the Libra name is popular more quickly because it has a Facebook team. For the truth of this we have not found. Perhaps the strength of Libra is that it is easier to recruit investors compared to Bitcoin in the past. Bitcoin is formed from the ground up, whereas Libra has already been there Facebook as a strong foundation.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
August 01, 2019, 11:29:45 PM
The only ones who wants libra are the elites so they can control the people.
That for the investor's side but for the users side, Libra would really help especially those people who have not yet experience banking.

With Libra, you can use your facebook account to transact money to another user, things that are suppose to be hard is made easy by Libra as things are done online and you just need an internet connection to do that. They are helping in bridging from one country to another for a faster and cheaper transaction of transferring money, I think they would give great benefit to the users of this stable coin.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
August 01, 2019, 10:32:37 PM
No, libra is not the real future but Bitcoin is always be the real future in the world.
Libra is too young and many people hate it to be the first choose in cryptocurrency.
I will take a safe play and still look what will happen next in Libra.

Most people got hyped with Libra because of Facebook popularity and due to its partnership in the entire world.
But it doesn't mean it will become the future currency as others thinking about it.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 01, 2019, 10:19:16 PM
The only ones who wants libra are the elites so they can control the people.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
August 01, 2019, 09:38:19 PM
Libra is no proposing any better future and it's not rocket science to understand this, Libra is going against all ethical policies about privacy, blockchain and even monetary policies. Libra coin is just a combination several wrongs which can never make a right.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
August 01, 2019, 09:34:04 PM
There is no way to tell that Libra coin is a blockchain based project, Blockchain is concept based on transparency, and Libra will never  offer transparency, It's more like an offbook currency.
Libra will be used blockchai but it's centralized and i'd like to call that as a centralized blockchain or side chain project. Libra will actually never offer transparency even privacy. what they will be offering for us is just about the usage of the token and no more.
Anything that controlled by a single entity can't be called as a decentralized. libra will act as a stable coin like tether and transparency is not an important thing as long as the company can do everything with its stable coin called libra.  Cheesy
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
August 01, 2019, 06:34:35 PM
For now it's not, we must wait for further updates. Giving wonderful comments can be intriguing to somebody, somehow creates convincing ideas which isn't right, because libra for this moment was still on development and not yet really having definite transaparency.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 01, 2019, 06:20:56 PM
I think Libra is going to cause other similar fortune 500 companies to spin up similar competing cryptocurrencies. I do want to know how this will affect the entire ecosystem especially smaller projects

You might be right! That'll be the consequence, it's a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
August 01, 2019, 06:00:50 PM
Libra is not going to substitute the main altcoins and there will be a satisfying space for each coin. The governments will not be able to track the payments on the Facebook platform and the reasons will vary for finding the excuse in order to ban the Libra coin. Same events happened around all coins that intended to be a global gate for the worldwide payments.
Activity: 247
Merit: 1
August 01, 2019, 05:42:23 PM
Security and privacy will definitely be two faults for Libra but I honestly don't know how regulators will allow them to prosper and compete with other currencies around the world. Either the US needs to take advantage of this opportunity to own the crypto space or other countries will
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
August 01, 2019, 05:40:31 PM
Libra coin is just a blockchain based version of fiat. No true advocates of decentralized cryptocurrency would ever want that. But we also have to admit that there are millions of facebook users that are not into crypto, so those will be their target customers. The bad rep will be, those customers will consider it as true crypto since they are not well aware of bitcoin and true characteristics of a decentralized cryptocurrency.

There is no way to tell that Libra coin is a blockchain based project, Blockchain is concept based on transparency, and Libra will never  offer transparency, It's more like an offbook currency.
Activity: 423
Merit: 11
August 01, 2019, 05:28:40 PM
Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants

Indeed, almost all businesses get fierce competition. Moreover, online business competition is easy for everyone. But I think the blockchain system is still able to compete with Libra. Especially in terms of security that has been tested since the blockchain was born.
Activity: 247
Merit: 1
July 23, 2019, 02:51:04 PM
I think Libra is going to cause other similar fortune 500 companies to spin up similar competing cryptocurrencies. I do want to know how this will affect the entire ecosystem especially smaller projects
Activity: 324
Merit: 17
Bitflate developer
July 23, 2019, 02:47:14 PM
I think Libra has a small chance of success, just like any other altcoins if it can find the right scenarios to focus. These scenarios are going to be small and limited. This way, it can get the most important stakeholders to cooperate.

My thoughts:

https://bitflate.github.io/post/2019/07/23/libra-consortium-driven-digital-currency.html
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
July 23, 2019, 08:32:46 AM
No, libra is not the real future but Bitcoin is always be the real future in the world.
Libra is too young and many people hate it to be the first choose in cryptocurrency.
I will take a safe play and still look what will happen next in Libra.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
July 23, 2019, 08:28:49 AM
Libra is centralized coin where most of the corporations came forward to launch a crypto currency for their transactions i feel libra is similar to ripple coin
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
July 23, 2019, 07:56:56 AM
If it does go of the ground how long will it manage to last.
Without hyper-inflation wealth loss is about 2% per annum.

Well,,, Tether managed to last many years and it seems survived a few disasters and seems to be stronger than ever. I do not see why not the same for Libra, and it has even more power and more connections. It will be something for sure,,, but not the big brother coin people think it will become.

10 years = roughly 20%?

Tether last as long as the Dollar it is a stablecoin like Libra or other stablecoins, the only difference Libra price is not = 1 USD as based on several fiats and "other assets."
Tether is just another name for USD, selling USD to buy something equal to USD (minus fees).
Selling tether something equal to USD to get USD (minus fees), end-result almost money back just some small fees down and hope exchange does not close and run with money.

If you are happy with 20% wealth loss in a decade and retire "poor" thats your problem to deal with.

Libra is a money grab, nothing else, Google, Amazon....will follow in the money for nothing endeavor.
Pages:
Jump to: