Pages:
Author

Topic: Is localbitcoins safe? - page 2. (Read 284 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 46
January 19, 2018, 03:12:10 PM
There are many scams and you need to use caution and fees can be slightly high when buying with cash but the difference between Local Bitcoins and most exchanges is that LocalBitcoins does not require personal information when making good trades. Unlike other exchanges, which require ID verification and personal information, Local Bitcoins allows you to buy bitcoin without connecting your name to the bitcoin you’re buying. It's also one of the most private ways to purchase Bitcoin.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 03:06:19 PM
Thank you guys for responses, before selling I will ask for ID card, then match names of localbitcoins and bank owner, I think that would be pretty safe.
Activity: 35
January 19, 2018, 06:30:44 AM
What are localbitcoins?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 05:51:40 AM
It's risky. Usually, everything is fine but sometimes people get scammed. Be careful there.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
January 19, 2018, 05:35:35 AM
Hello, is selling on localbitcoins safe? Seller with many feedback could have bought that account.

And when he sends it via bank transfer is that possible from him to ask for refund? And bank send him that money?

Please help, want to sell bitcoin but I'm afraid to get scammed.

It's always good to have second thoughts when it comes to your money. You could ask for the seller to provide any valid ID's they have and keep it for your sake just in case the seller scammed you. There is still a possibility that a LBC seller would be a fraud one no matter how many positive ratings the account has. And as for bank transfers, AFAIK as soon as the owner of the account himself already authorized a transfer, there's no way you can cancel that transaction. These chargebacks only work on PP fraudsters.

And no, LBC automatically blocks bought accounts once they found out about it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
January 19, 2018, 05:28:38 AM
I have used localbitcoins few times. I didn't get any problem. First read their feedback and ratings. You can deal with verified persons too.
Activity: 23
January 19, 2018, 05:13:32 AM
Hello, is selling on localbitcoins safe? Seller with many feedback could have bought that account.

And when he sends it via bank transfer is that possible from him to ask for refund? And bank send him that money?

Please help, want to sell bitcoin but I'm afraid to get scammed.
Pages:
Jump to: