Pages:
Author

Topic: Is mining still a good idea? - page 4. (Read 4905 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
December 20, 2015, 10:28:20 PM
Mining is good so long as you can get equipment at a good price and also that you have very cheap kwh prices, or free energy and no cost to other than buying equipment. If your costs are too expensive on power than I would forget it as your not going to even get close to braking even.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
December 20, 2015, 08:26:50 PM
It depends, if you have a big amount of money to buy the latest minner, and you live in a country with electricity low prices. Could be a good idea, but you need to know that difficulty is increasing very fast. If difficulty grows fast (and you don't have a good electricity low price), it could change to a bad idea in few months.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 20, 2015, 04:29:41 PM
If you know the miner you want to buy and the electricy rate you can calculate directly, check this site out:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

Honestly I think it is not going to be worth your while. since the difficulty is sky rocketting.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
December 20, 2015, 03:38:22 PM
Hi, take a look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/21-cents-per-kw-any-way-to-mine-1279779
You will find useful links to estimate your earning and you can get more ideas before jumping in solo mining
Good luck  Smiley
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
December 20, 2015, 03:33:27 PM
Not unless you have a lot of money to begin with for start up, and a free/renewable source of energy. You're worse off if you live in a warmer region as opposed to a cold one, in that aspect. There are quite a few cost analysis charts you can find online if you do a quick search.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 20, 2015, 03:26:53 PM
I was wondering about mining profitability and i think it's not worth it to get in. I mean you must get asic miners and the minimum to mine with is i think at least 10 TH/s. Even if you make enough money to pay electricity and still get some $ you have to get back the amount of the machines. I know there is cloud mining but that doesn't make that much and not stable. The blockchain is heavy and there are just too many people already mining who are your "concurrency".
So what do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: