Pages:
Author

Topic: Is mining worth it nowadays? - page 2. (Read 1966 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 03, 2015, 04:33:08 AM
Another idea could be to mine altcoins and sell.

For most of them you just need a good and new GPU and you also can get a small profit.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 03, 2015, 04:02:40 AM
I get a flat rate for electricity here because my rent includes all the utility. So I was thinking of mining on my own to acquire more bitcoins. Is investing in a lot of money worth it to acquire some bitcoins? Also, how much money do I need to have to set up a decent mining system.

I suppose it is not worth to invest a Mining at the moment. Low profit or even lose.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
April 03, 2015, 03:20:45 AM
Do you have a solid rental contract? You might find that they will try to opt out of that contract, if you start using 50% of the electricity of the complex you are staying in....

Not just that... The noise might also be a problem for the neighbours.. So I hope you are isolated in that sense.  Wink {Standalone unit}

How big are you planning to go with this?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 03, 2015, 02:53:08 AM
rent a miner, its more appropriate i think. for 3-4 months, and then if it goes well for you, you buy one, if not, you dont and stick to buying and selling

where can i rent one?

on miningrigrentals too, they have top notch support

btw i'm selling a bot for renting will make your life easy

Interesting can I have a link?

I would be curious to what it does.

found it

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10722431
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2015, 02:20:49 AM
rent a miner, its more appropriate i think. for 3-4 months, and then if it goes well for you, you buy one, if not, you dont and stick to buying and selling

where can i rent one?

Interesting can I have a link?

I would be curious to what it does.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 03, 2015, 02:18:54 AM

where can i rent one?

legendary
April 03, 2015, 02:16:06 AM

where can i rent one?

There are a few nicehash/westhash.  Then betarigs etc.

But I highly dont suggest renting for 3-4 months.  Unless you need a ton of power.  Rentals normally cost more then BTC would mine.  So you pay a premium.

I would say get a miner that is decent and start slow.   Unless your in a student housing or something like that a regular landlord will eventually catch on something is happening.   During winter I had 1k electricity bills from mining.  If you go big i'm sure it breaches some clause in renting.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
April 03, 2015, 01:41:02 AM

where can i rent one?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 03, 2015, 01:30:57 AM
April 03, 2015, 01:28:04 AM
Do you mean you don't need to pay electricity ? If so, mining might worth for you
You could ask for more information about mining at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0

Kind of...my rent includes electricity so I don't need to worry about how much I use because I pay the same amount every month. But thanks I will look into that link!
legendary
April 03, 2015, 01:16:18 AM
I enjoy mining.  I enjoy mining in winter more Smiley free heat.   But with summer coming I'm trying to underclock some to keep heat manageable. 

Also I try to perfect the exhust.  If you can exhust the hot air it helps.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
April 03, 2015, 01:10:21 AM
I get a flat rate for electricity here because my rent includes all the utility. So I was thinking of mining on my own to acquire more bitcoins. Is investing in a lot of money worth it to acquire some bitcoins? Also, how much money do I need to have to set up a decent mining system.

If you just in it for profit, don't Smiley If you in it to be part of and learn from the eco system, please do. One of the fails of bitcoin is the armsrace in hardware, which satoshi predicted would happen if we let it, and surprise surprise our greedyness did Sad

In the concept it was meant to have every person who wants to be part of bitcoin have his own node and own miner, so we all maintain the network in the most decentral way possible, yet then came asics....

But alot of people say just buy some bitcoin and wait...
April 03, 2015, 01:06:51 AM
Pages:
Jump to: