Pages:
Author

Topic: is my private key compromised with reusing of adresses? - page 2. (Read 1145 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I have a Trezor hardware wallet that I unfortunately have reused same legacy adresses multiple times.

What I mean is I have recieved BTC multiple times to same legacy adresses, infact I have atleast 2-3 adresses if not more that have recieved btc more than once, also I have sent BTC and I think infact couple of these reused adresses where in the same TX hash, so they shared input in a bitcoin transaction.

Example 1: public legacy adress 1ABCDEFGH has recieved 3 times 0.10 btc, 1ABCDEFGH now has 0.30 btc

public legacy adress 1JKLMNOPQ has recieved 5 times 0.20 btc, 1JKLMNOPQ now has 1.0 btc

Making a 0.50 BTC payment, both 1ABCDEFGH & 1JKLMNOPQ are in the inputs of the TX hash, outputs have the 0.50 BTC that I sent and 0.70 BTC that trezor has sent to a new legacy public adress connected to my Trezor / privatekey

Now I learned that this might compromise the privat key as it might be possible to "decipher / hack" the private key, they have now also been signed multiple times?

in this case the private key is same as 24 word seed to recover bitcoins incase of trezor failure?

Example 2: Legacy adress 1ABCDEFGH has recieved 20 inputs between 0.01btc and 0.03btc, it also has recieved 3 larger inputs of 1 BTC each, now it has 3.4 BTC total, 0.4btc from 20 small transactions, and 3.0 BTC from 3 large transactions.

for simplicity lets say Legacy adress 1JKLMNOPQ has similar transactions, so 3.4 BTC from 20small transactions and 3 large transactions.

lets say there also is a third Legacy adress similar to above, so these 3 Legacy adresses have a total of around 70 transactions and around 10 BTC, now I send 9 BTC so all 3 legacy adresses are shown in the blockchain as inputs and a attacker now knows these have same private key, is some malicious hacker going to be able to figure out my private key and steal the remaining 1 BTC and any other BTC/LTC that is connected to the SEED or private key assuming there are more BTC or LTC on other Legacy adresses connected to the private key / SEED   

Edit ---> would adding a simple passphrase to the trezor and then move all this coins to the new passphrase protected trezor be secure, or would this simple passphrase easily be bruteforced by a malicious attacker? So I need to create new 24 word seed / private key?
Pages:
Jump to: