Pages:
Author

Topic: Is my wallet still safe??? - page 2. (Read 234 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1321
CoinPoker.com
March 16, 2022, 11:20:06 PM
Is it possible that my wallet can be hack even I sent only the wallet address to scammer?  I never realized he was a scammer at first because I thought he was a legit support from a token airdrop until he asked and demanding via link address my seed phrase, of course I stopped to proceed coz I realized he was scammer trying to hack my wallet and scam me.
Wallet address then theres no problem. But if you send the seed phrase and what he is asking then your really good as done I mean your wallet. Take note that your wallet, is your precious asset. You must not exposed it as much as possible and used alternative wallet airdrops aside from your main wallet cause scammers might monitoring already and you might make a bad move that you can give him access.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
March 16, 2022, 10:28:46 PM
No. Although, if you aren't sure exactly the information you've given them, you could potentially transfer your funds to a new wallet, just to be safe. Although, if you've only given your sending address to the malicious user, then you have nothing to worry about.

However, do make sure that it was your public address, and not your private key. Although, I suspect you're right, since they would have likely already cleared your funds if you were compromised. The fact that they asked for your seed, suggests they haven't gotten access yet, and needed that to clear it out. So, I suspect by the information you've provided your safe. Although, other than being unnecessary, if it brings piece of mind, then just move your funds to a new securely generated wallet.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
March 16, 2022, 10:12:19 PM
If you only sent a wallet address then no your funds will still be safe (don't do anything too quickly while stressed as you could make things worse too).

The scammer asked for your mnemonic because they can see with an address that you have funds in your wallet (as this is public information, so is your address - it's just the link to you that's more private and obviously your private keys/mnemonic).
Activity: 136
Merit: 4
March 16, 2022, 09:59:40 PM
Is it possible that my wallet can be hack even I sent only the wallet address to scammer?  I never realized he was a scammer at first because I thought he was a legit support from a token airdrop until he asked and demanding via link address my seed phrase, of course I stopped to proceed coz I realized he was scammer trying to hack my wallet and scam me.

I want to insert image here our conversation but i dont know how.
Pages:
Jump to: