Pages:
Author

Topic: Is online bank good? - page 2. (Read 221 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 195
December 15, 2023, 01:54:42 PM
For me, I see nothing wrong with online banking as it has made my daily transactions stress free and easy to use. We all were  withness during the cashless era this online banks were the mostly used as most busines men did their huge daily transaction with this online banks like the OPay and PalmPay.
This online banks are licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and all trustworthy to use. Being licensed by CBN means the government has done close research and have their eyes on them incase they try to fraud.

I also believe with time this online banks will soon develop into having their own office, I heard something about Opay already working on that, so have no fears doing transactions with them.

Yes, there is every tendency of them getting hacked but it is as low as that of any other Banks getting hacked.
Activity: 56
Merit: 32
December 15, 2023, 01:20:37 PM
For now online banking is actually the best and besides with the rapid growth of technology it has greatly reduced the ways at which most of the things are being done especially the banking system because unlike those days were all transactions and savings are mostly done on the bank and in those days even if you have some money it takes you time for you to open an account do to some certain requirements and if you are unable to provide those documents you automatically not going to be allowed on opening an account, and also with the current development on the banking system this days were as you will need to queue up until it gets to your turn before you can either withdraw or meet the customer service. But with the help of online banking people were able to navigate to other easier ways of banking so online banking has really improve a lot of things.
Activity: 280
Merit: 205
The great city of God 🔥
December 14, 2023, 07:47:01 PM
Can it get hacked?
Yes it can be hacked. talking about hacking I think it's applicable to both normal banking system and online banking too. Because there has been several occasions of hacks from bank over the years and most of it is as a result of carelessness of the owner of the account. For example leaving your account information on your phone without locking your phone can be implicating. Sometimes we should completely remove things that will implicate us by deleting bank security detail on phone. rather write it on paper and keep in a safe place, in other not to get hacked when your phone get missing or when we release our phones to people.

If the phone gets missing, can you block the account?
No,

I think you can call there customer support center. Even if they don't have branches does not mean that dey can not attend to there costumers when it comes to security. I think when dealing with online banking we should deal with those that has license or CBN approval just like opay.

if your phone gets missing and you’re using an online bank it will be easily hacked or they can easily take all your money while other banks, if you’re phone or ATM card gets missing you can go to their office and lay a complain and they will close down the account or card.
One important thing you should know is that online banking system should not be a place to put all your funds, it is just like an alternative to banking system incase there is a network issue in normal bank you can run mini transaction on it like pay bills, recharge cards, buy data and some other things but no to put all your funds in. But I don't think hacking online account is possible just as i said earlier. It depends on how secured you are on releasing your privacy.
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
December 14, 2023, 06:22:36 PM
Many Nigerians are used to online banks and funny to say online banks gets more customers than banks like Firstbank, Access bank e.t.c. So my question is that is online bank good? Is it safe? These are the questions I ask and some people normally ask. Many people don’t like online because it doesn’t have any office you can run to in case of any issues.

Can it get hacked?
I would actually say yes it can get hacked. It’s very easy to hack online banks.

No, if your phone gets missing and you’re using an online bank it will be easily hacked or they can easily take all your money while other banks, if you’re phone or ATM card gets missing you can go to their office and lay a complain and they will close down the account or card.

Op from my own view online banking are good but let me say not all but when an online bank has N.D.I.C License i think it okay because this people will not remove a penny of your savings unless you borrowed from them e.g Opay, Moniepoint and kuda they are very fast in transferring of funds. In the aspect of people getting access to your device when lost, by even entering your banking app, unless that persons knows your password or pin. No how they can have the access unless you give them.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
December 14, 2023, 05:40:11 PM
Many Nigerians are used to online banks and funny to say online banks gets more customers than banks like Firstbank, Access bank e.t.c. So my question is that is online bank good? Is it safe? These are the questions I ask and some people normally ask. Many people don’t like online because it doesn’t have any office you can run to in case of any issues.

Can it get hacked?
I would actually say yes it can get hacked. It’s very easy to hack online banks.

No, if your phone gets missing and you’re using an online bank it will be easily hacked or they can easily take all your money while other banks, if you’re phone or ATM card gets missing you can go to their office and lay a complain and they will close down the account or card.
Pages:
Jump to: