Pages:
Author

Topic: Is POS Mining Profitable? - page 2. (Read 5680 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
December 27, 2015, 06:34:25 PM
By "POS" you mean piece of shit mining, yes? That's about all mining is any more unless you're willing to dump millions of dollars/euro/pounds/yen/yuan into an operation that offers the scale big enough to earn a profit.

Ok, kidding aside, proof of stake mining does sound interesting and a great way to combat the 51% threat and potentially make bitcoin mining accessible to "the rest of us" but I couldn't find any info on the web about profitability. Maybe you should give it a shot and then let us know how profitable you are...keep us informed via posts here.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
December 27, 2015, 05:56:48 PM
Can have some profit depending on the coin. Some coins do pay a % of the coins you have and do it fast, but at the same time those coins lose value in markets and you end up having lest total value.

Get informed about coins before, and mostly, you have to have lots of coins to make a decent profit.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
December 27, 2015, 04:45:03 PM
Depends on the coin and the algorithm. I tried to mine, harvest and forge for various POS coins and there were only two which are really worth it if you do not have a big coin stake. NEM and BitcoinDark.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
December 27, 2015, 03:36:23 PM
Yeps this should in the altcoin section
Staking POS can be profitable. However, it is a bit like investing directly in altcoins. It is very risky and it could just be that you won't make ROI whithin an acceptable period.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
the Cat-a-clysm.
December 27, 2015, 02:54:21 PM
Yes this would be better suited for altcoin section. But to put it simply, mining POS coins is like earning interest on the amount of coins you have in your wallet. Interest earned is in the form of new coins, or fractions of coins.
It can be profitable, wouldn't hold my expectations too high though.
Activity: 462
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
December 27, 2015, 02:36:57 PM
it will be better if you moved it in altcoin section
i think there will a lot of people can answer your question there
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
December 27, 2015, 02:34:22 PM
How do u mine a PoS coin ? As I understand, PoS is already mined. If mining happens, it is PoW.
Activity: 434
December 27, 2015, 02:32:04 PM
It is too hard for me to mine bitcoin for many reason such as the price of miner hardware,  the difficulty of bitcoin,  and many others reason,  alternate of this problem is that i have to do mining by staking the pos altcoin,  but there is a problem here because i dont know pos mining is profitable or not,  mah be you all guys here have an exleriences with staking pos coin,  please i need your help!!!
Pages:
Jump to: