Pages:
Author

Topic: Is prohibited to sell Bitcoins over Paypal? - page 2. (Read 1179 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
That's true btclady.

And, what can you recommend for doing trade with less risk of getting scammed/blocked, even through less margins? I am looking for something long term.

Thanks.
Activity: 14
I also think paypal has a big problem with the growth of cryptocurrencies, because cryptos will make such expensive payment companies like paypal useless in the future. so they have a good reason to fight bitcoin
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
people are using Paypal to buy digital currencies (aka bitcoin) but that doesn't make it OK. you should read Paypal's ToS you can see that they are clearly stating they are not happy about it and will block you!
i am not using Paypal but i have seen people who got their accounts blocked just because they used it to buy/sell bitcoin.
Thanks both for the inputs.

I did 15 trades through LBC. All of them I confirmed with selfie + ID + paypal screenshot showing balance or thats linked to a bank account. All of them seemed legit (orders came from USA, Canada, French, etc). Many trades from Venezuela, Nigeria, Cameroon were very suspicious and I refused to trade. Doing the way I did, do you think the risk is still high? I mean, 20~25% margin is a lot and can afford one chargeback once in a while.

Anyway, I don't want to do anything ilegal or that goes against Paypal rules. I want to do high volume and don't want to be afraid.

What are the other trading methods that you use and find it safe?

Thanks.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
As the guy above me said if paypal finds out they will lock your account and even if they don't most people offering paypal will chargeback the transaction and u will be left without cash or bitcoins.

That being said its not impossible to do but you need a VERY trusted partner to transact with if you want to sell your bitcoin for paypal.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!
It's against PayPal's ToS, yes.  I wouldn't say that PayPal will necessarily find out what you're doing, but you're treading very dangerous territory by noticeably disobeying a prominent company's ToS and you have to know what the risks are.

More importantly, most people who sell bitcoins for PayPal get scammed, simply because PayPal is extremely easy to chargeback and PayPal almost always favour the buyer when it's not a major/legitimate business which they're dealing with.

Bitcoin and PayPal don't mix.  Just don't mix them, and your life will be so much easier.
I found some articles about it,
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/231302
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business/Selling-Bitcoin-is-Against-PayPal-Policy/td-p/1215793

Do anyone have any experience about this?

Got really concerned.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: