Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Python good for bitcoin apps? - page 2. (Read 418 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 282
Finis coronat opus
February 08, 2018, 06:12:08 PM
But i guess python is way more easy to operate than java , c++ or even C . I personally like to use either python or perl both are extremely easy to use compared to java and c++
Python is good for script programs: parsers, bots and others.
But many "big" programs writed on Python. Pywallet, electrum and others.

Python is preferred more because it can be compiled into a executable code or even can run uncompiled.
Every code can be compiled into exe.
You can run code uncompiled only if you have python interpreter.

Python is way easier to understand even for beginners so choosing python over java and C++ will be a good choice.

It's hard to say what's "easier". It depends what you are learning before in your life.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 08, 2018, 01:41:00 PM
Hi,

I want know, Is Python good for bitcoin apps?

I want to try make easy bitcoin app and heard that Python is best for coding blockchain..
Is it really? (I choose new stack for code)

or best stack MEAN?

What language you use for coding?

Thanks.
I think choosing a language is not what matters but what matter is that in which language you are more comfortable and which language you know better. But i guess python is way more easy to operate than java , c++ or even C . I personally like to use either python or perl both are extremely easy to use compared to java and c++. Python is preferred more because it can be compiled into a executable code or even can run uncompiled. Python is way easier to understand even for beginners so choosing python over java and C++ will be a good choice.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
February 08, 2018, 08:43:22 AM
As an extra note, Python is quite slow as a language to run (not entirely sure why) ...

For the ones of you who are interested in why phyton is slower than other languages (C for example):

1) Python is more of a interpreted than compiled language. (This is dependend on the implementation. Bust mostly its interpreted)

2) Initialization of variables is dynamically, not statically.
In C the compiler knows the type of a variable by its definition.
In Python the interpreter only knows that assigned variables are objects. The interpreter has to create/initialize a new python object to hold the returned value when the code is already running.

3) Pythons object model leads to inefficient memory access
Regarding Arrays:
In C you have a pointer to a contiguous data buffer.
In Python (list) you have a pointer to a contiguous buffer of pointers, each of which points to a python object which has references to its data.
This make python more expensive in terms of storage and access time.

Activity: 96
Merit: 15
February 08, 2018, 07:55:58 AM
Python is used a lot of programming apps as it's easier to program and is a bit more forgiving syntax wise than other programming languages are.

There are some useful code snippets on github depending on what specifically you're trying to program for? If you want to look into basic stuff, there's a Python module called Bitcoin-tools that might be helpful if you don't want to code from scratch.
Thank you for a cool tip! Will definitely check github out. I'm not that good at Python but it's interesting to see what people came up with. Thanks again!  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 08, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
Python is used a lot of programming apps as it's easier to program and is a bit more forgiving syntax wise than other programming languages are.

There are some useful code snippets on github depending on what specifically you're trying to program for? If you want to look into basic stuff, there's a Python module called Bitcoin-tools that might be helpful if you don't want to code from scratch.

As an extra note, Python is quite slow as a language to run (not entirely sure why) so you can't make really complex stuff using it, for that you'd turn to C/C#/C++.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
February 08, 2018, 07:50:08 AM

Depends on what you mean with "apps".
Python is a scripting language.
You won't be able to comfortably code "big" software using python

For small scripts, sure.. python is awesome IMO.

I want to try make easy bitcoin app and heard that Python is best for coding blockchain..
Is it really?

There is no "best for coding blockchain".
Blockchain is a technology. Bitcoin utilizes blockchain.

The best programming language to code scripts/programs is the one you are most comfortable with!

If you are just starting to program and you don't want to code a wallet like electrum from scratch i would say Python is pretty good to get started.
Its straight forward and lets you pretty much "do whatever you want" without having to worry about memory allocation, etc.. too much

I personally use either C, Java or Python.
Most preferably i use python because.. well.. its basically like writing pseudo code.
Additionally you can basically modify strings/data in python any way you want without having to write 100's of lines just for a simple modifying function.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 258
February 08, 2018, 05:28:42 AM
Hi,

Is it really? (I choose new stack for code)

or best stack MEAN?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: