Pages:
Author

Topic: Is rampant speculation going to kill Bitcoin's credibility? - page 2. (Read 2704 times)

legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
If there aren't enough buyers that simply means that the world doesn't want bitcoin (or is unaware of it...)
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
No, it will enhance and strengthen it.

Yes... by providing exchanges with an ample supply of liquidity. But what if there aren't enough buyers?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
No, it will enhance and strengthen it.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Personally, I do not see Bitcoins as a stable store of value, and as soon as I can earn enough, I plan to sell them on the exchanges.

That's how bubbles work, try to ride the lightning but jump off before you're left holding the bag.  It's like a giant game of hot potato.  Only with real money at stake.

... and it's good fun if it's not actually real money you're putting into it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Personally, I do not see Bitcoins as a stable store of value, and as soon as I can earn enough, I plan to sell them on the exchanges.

That's how bubbles work, try to ride the lightning but jump off before you're left holding the bag.  It's like a giant game of hot potato.  Only with real money at stake.
Delete, intended to edit my post.
It won't kill the currency itself (since it's P2P software), but will all of this rampant speculation (both on my part and others) kill Bitcoin's credibility as a stable and safe store of value in the long run?

I don't see very many people seeking to buy Bitcoins, but if it happens that there are more sellers than buyers on the exchanges, then the value of Bitcoins could collapse quickly due to an imbalance in liquidity. Personally, I do not see Bitcoins as a stable store of value, and as soon as I can earn enough, I plan to sell them on the exchanges.

Is Bitcoin headed for another crash that isn't related to hacking? I mean, people are buying tons of mining equipment, and I doubt very many of them plan to hang on to their Bitcoins. They intend to turn it into cash as quickly as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: