Pages:
Author

Topic: Is really referral or affiliate are not allowed in Forum ? - page 2. (Read 239 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
They are allowed in your signature.
Yes. There are even some campaigns that their signatures have referral links. This can be used to know if there are people from this site (Bitcointalk) that join (the site with the campaign) or use their service through the referral link.
Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Read it what Theymos said in his post regarding ads. you cannot use refer link or affiliate in the post body ad it prohibited and will open the doors for spammers. Although you as Theymos mentioned you have still chance to promote referel link in your signature. I hope reading below official message about ads will clear your confusion.

It occurred to me that I should write a little about this in case anyone's wondering about what dogie's doing, or why other people are getting banned for somewhat similar activity:

Ads are typically not allowed in posts (outside of the signature area) because they are annoying and off-topic. It is especially disallowed to put ads or signatures at the bottom of all of your posts. Except for traditional valedictions, which are tolerated but discouraged, signatures are for the signature area only.

However, if you are using the forum as a publishing platform to host something really substantial and useful, selling ads in that substantial work is allowed. To be eligible for this, your post must be in a topic that you started, and your post must be substantial and long enough to make the ad seem entirely insignificant. If in doubt, ask me.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
You can use them in your signature but not in posts.

Referral links are not allowed. But allowed on announcements threads (I mean the OP of the thread).

They are allowed in your signature.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
Referral links are not allowed. But allowed on announcements threads (I mean the OP of the thread).
Activity: 52
Merit: 31
I have seen the posts of some members in some places of the forum that referral link or affiliate link is not allowed in the forum. But is it really not allowed? Because I have seen some campaign managers and users using referral links in their posts & signature.
So the question arose in my mind, is it really prohibited to use referral or affiliate links? Or referral or affiliate link can be used following some rules.
Seeking for some answers  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: