Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ripple a Scam? - page 4. (Read 3523 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
June 26, 2013, 03:39:10 PM
The idea that ripple has sounds like a legit one, but whether it'll be a scam or not it depends on the ones that created it. But in the end is just a pyramid scheme for me and those things are scams most likely. Smiley)
Activity: 480
Merit: 500
June 26, 2013, 03:27:25 PM
X
Activity: 50
June 26, 2013, 03:24:16 PM
Ripple is not a scam, they failed
Activity: 6
June 16, 2013, 07:35:42 PM
Proof?
June 16, 2013, 06:30:15 PM
It seems legit
June 16, 2013, 06:25:19 PM
The fact that Ripple is less 'wild', and particularly it's accessibility once up and running smoothly, have the potential to make it the one that captures the imagination of the wider population. It's launch at a time of greater publicity generally won't do any harm either. I'm backing it as the one that will really hit the big-time (although may not do much exciting value-wise). I'd anticipate positive impacts on BTC too as an indirect effect.

If you don't like your Ripples, please allow me the honour of putting them to good use for you: rfvAc84GHGybgwkWRXvN13Rt4uWNBvf73C
Activity: 50
June 08, 2013, 10:24:29 PM
Ripple is just here to ry and destroy btc
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
May 30, 2013, 03:25:25 PM
Yes, the short answer without beating around the bush. When you thin about it, it all is, I would say the exception is Bitcoin, but if you really think about it, all are scams, the only difference is that right now we are in the profitability grey area after it starts and before it falls...
omg...dude, if you don't have nothing nice to say, PLEASE, don't. all the coins are the same. ripple is the only project that differs from the others. go read a bit before poluting the other newbie minds.

probably ripple owners will start to pay for ppl write misleading stuff here, for sure. wait and see. Kiss
His post is looking for feedback and opinions from other users, thats what I provided, my opinion. I got into Bitcoins when it first started and was practically worthless, I know what im talking about. Im not saying my opinion about ripple is 100% correct, It could be very valuable in the future, who knows, because all of this is so new, its all speculation, rumors and opinions. - Therefor, no need for bashing others posts - Smiley
trash
Activity: 28
May 30, 2013, 02:54:17 PM
Yes, the short answer without beating around the bush. When you thin about it, it all is, I would say the exception is Bitcoin, but if you really think about it, all are scams, the only difference is that right now we are in the profitability grey area after it starts and before it falls...
omg...dude, if you don't have nothing nice to say, PLEASE, don't. all the coins are the same. ripple is the only project that differs from the others. go read a bit before poluting the other newbie minds.

probably ripple owners will start to pay for ppl write misleading stuff here, for sure. wait and see. Kiss
His post is looking for feedback and opinions from other users, thats what I provided, my opinion. I got into Bitcoins when it first started and was practically worthless, I know what im talking about. Im not saying my opinion about ripple is 100% correct, It could be very valuable in the future, who knows, because all of this is so new, its all speculation, rumors and opinions. - Therefor, no need for bashing others posts - Smiley
May 30, 2013, 02:36:25 PM

Activity: 28
May 30, 2013, 02:21:02 PM
May 30, 2013, 02:12:59 PM
Why do you think it's not a scam?

Could you first provide an explanation of HOW it is a scam?

Being proprietary and closed source does not equate to scam.

Don't try to create mischief in the thread. it is clear that the OP is inexperient regarding terms, such as SCAM, PONZI, etc...

he means by SCAM, that is NO good for us. that is something not bringing benefit for the community as a whole. that is not the same as all the other coins, such as bitcoins & co(ltc, et...)

besides, other ppl call it a scam also. how could you classify such EVIL anyway?
http://ripplescam.org/
Activity: 518
May 30, 2013, 11:32:23 AM

Could you first provide an explanation of HOW it is a scam?

Being proprietary and closed source does not equate to scam.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
May 30, 2013, 11:30:39 AM
Activity: 574
freedomainradio.com
May 30, 2013, 11:21:06 AM
Activity: 56
May 30, 2013, 10:21:32 AM
It is centralized, closed source, and run by people trying to make a profit.  Completely different than bitcoin, but may not be a scam.
Activity: 518
May 30, 2013, 09:44:51 AM
Ripple is a ponzi scheme , all ripples are created and distirbuted by opencoin

Do you know what a ponzi scheme is? If it was a ponzi scheme, then opencoin would be using the procedes of the sales of ripples to pay current ripple holders. XRP pay no interest, therefore this is not a ponzi scheme. Try again.
Activity: 229
May 30, 2013, 09:40:58 AM
Ripple is a ponzi scheme , all ripples are created and distirbuted by opencoin
May 30, 2013, 09:20:02 AM
Thanks for the info but I think Ripple can do OK..

that is why we should stop fighting between ourselves, eg. btc vs other crypto currencies, and take over the world all together. newbies are ignorant and doesn't know the evil that  represents projects such as ripple.

we have to promote all the cryptos together, before the big boys take over. Again  Angry.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
May 30, 2013, 08:29:01 AM
I heard centralized and controlled by 1 entity.  It's more of a proprietary solution than anything.
Pages:
Jump to: