Pages:
Author

Topic: Is risky to invest this period - page 7. (Read 1808 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 291
April 26, 2023, 09:17:19 AM
From the look of things bitcoin price will not come up soon, I guess is better to hold on till when it will show strong signal before putting in money again to escape losses and people who their investment is long over due are already victims of the Price dropping. We should try to be careful this period that bitcoin has not direction. Imagine a friend investment $2000 but what is currently left in his wallet is $400, and the deep is still bearing down the nuds.

Hold on, but if you must buy now be wise to use spare income.
Concluding the current bitcoin price by saying that it will not increase in the past is not quite right, because if you look at the current bitcoin price movement, I'm sure bitcoin will continue to increase. Just today bitcoin has increased, and has been able to penetrate the price of $ 29,999.90 (5.93). So if you buy bitcoin now, I'm sure it's the right thing, because if you keep procrastinating buying it, you're afraid the price will go up. So there's no need to worry, if you want to buy bitcoin at the current price, because the bitcoin price listed now will still go a long way and continue to increase. And in essence, if you invest in bitcoin at any price, in my personal opinion you will never experience a loss, because the price of bitcoin will continue to experience a significant increase every year, especially when the bitcoin halving arrives, of course the price of bitcoin will soar.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 26, 2023, 06:38:47 AM

yes this is the thing which is very important because if you Put money into bitcoin and suddenly you have to spend it for another purpose then how you will hold it?

Use little but spare value and do not use large sum as you are familiar with the volatility. I think if a person cannot afford to put money and he has to put that money which he needs for daily expenses then it's better to avoid bitcoin investment because living a simple life is better than putting yourself at risk.

I don't say that what time is good or bad to make investment because conditions are not same always so its important to keep asset during adverse circumstances and sell it when circumstances become favorable.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
April 26, 2023, 04:45:19 AM
In the mid to long term perspective, I believe the risk is quite low to lose out on bitcoin. The next halving is coming, miners will need to push the price up to adapt to the reduced reward. Mining hardware is not getting any cheaper either.

If you are a talking about the short term perspective, I believe that the answer is unknown. The big question right now is if the bull run pre-halving has already started, if there is some correction underway until later in the year, or this is a small 2019-like cycle before retracing into the halving bull run. No one really knows the answer for sure. The latter is invalidated partially by the state of the U.S. economy and banking sector, which Bitcoin is believed to be a hedge against. Whether the hedge is immediate or after the dust clears is another question.

The best thing you can do is dollar-cost average (DCA). Buy a portion that you can afford to hold in the mid-long term and let it age.
Activity: 812
Merit: 252
April 26, 2023, 04:39:48 AM
If we want to invest, the most important thing we must understand is that all types of investments have risks, the higher the opportunity for profit, the greater the chance for loss, especially since bitcoin is very volatile, in a day it has dropped more than 15%, and in 2022 drop of more than 60%, so by knowing the risks we can do the best things, for example when to buy.
We also have to remember that not all risky investment is guaranteed to have a high return, most of them ends up in losses even with bitcoin especially if you are prone to panic selling just because the prices are lower than your initial entry. People glamorize risk too much thinking that if we do it, there's a reward waiting when there's no guarantee and life isn't fair to just reward your risk taking maneuver.
if you look at what has been going through a long time ago, it is very true that even though the risk is still there, it all comes back to yourself to decide on this risk, learning to understand many things before investing is very important so you don't make mistakes that result in losses.
actually losses in investing do not only occur because of choosing the wrong place to invest but instead the losses we ourselves make because of the mistakes we made.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
April 26, 2023, 03:23:10 AM
If we want to invest, the most important thing we must understand is that all types of investments have risks, the higher the opportunity for profit, the greater the chance for loss, especially since bitcoin is very volatile, in a day it has dropped more than 15%, and in 2022 drop of more than 60%, so by knowing the risks we can do the best things, for example when to buy.
We also have to remember that not all risky investment is guaranteed to have a high return, most of them ends up in losses even with bitcoin especially if you are prone to panic selling just because the prices are lower than your initial entry. People glamorize risk too much thinking that if we do it, there's a reward waiting when there's no guarantee and life isn't fair to just reward your risk taking maneuver.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
April 26, 2023, 03:17:22 AM
From the look of things bitcoin price will not come up soon, I guess is better to hold on till when it will show strong signal before putting in money again to escape losses and people who their investment is long over due are already victims of the Price dropping. We should try to be careful this period that bitcoin has not direction. Imagine a friend investment $2000 but what is currently left in his wallet is $400, and the deep is still bearing down the nuds.

The convenient time to invest depends upon you or other investors. If you feel that you are capable in investing then go ahead. Proper timing is needed in investing if you think you are already comfortable with the price then you invest. We cannot control the prices if we had buy at lower cost day then the next day the price consistently moved down, do not be too emotional just hold to your investment and think positive that it will recover. In crypto currency investors should have a lot of patient. Not all the time you will take profit from your investments. Make sure that the money that you invest is your excess money in your salary. And think that you just put your funds on a time deposit.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 710
April 11, 2023, 04:32:26 PM
No one knows the bottom of the market. Everyone just keep predicting. If you one just decide to hold on and fall to buy and the bullrun starts tomorrow. What will you say and how painful willit be? Is better one keeps buying gradually using DYA.
Buying gradually under certain conditions is still a very common strategy used by some people today. But at the current price range, some people will also take advantage of selling after buying at a low price. Even though after that we will make purchases again in stages at different price levels, and based on current market conditions it is still possible to buy because the potential for an increase still has a chance to occur.
Activity: 588
Merit: 119
Epsiloan Protocol
April 08, 2023, 09:50:24 PM

No one knows the bottom of the market. Everyone just keep predicting. If you one just decide to hold on and fall to buy and the bullrun starts tomorrow. What will you say and how painful willit be? Is better one keeps buying gradually using DYA.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
April 08, 2023, 12:46:06 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1159
April 07, 2023, 07:14:16 PM
When you are in the crypto space, and you want to invest in cryptocurrency, maybe the most minimal risk for me is Bitcoin, and besides this I can say that the risk is high for sure.

Why did I say this? because, when the value of Bitcoin increases in the market most values of other cryptocurrencies also fall in the market because they cannot keep up with the movement of Bitcoin, and only a few cryptos can keep up with the flow that Bitcoin does base on what I have observed in some halving has passed.

Bitcoin is definitely not a safe haven for investors. After rapid growth comes a period of long and grueling decline. That is why investing is risky at all times - even during the alt-season you can bet on the wrong horse. As the saying goes, who does not risk, does not drink champagne.
Activity: 1044
Merit: 103
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 07, 2023, 06:07:56 PM

You will not loss if you don't sell at loss and if you are investing in crypto you must know how risky it is and how volatile the crypto market is. Many investors earn because they can manage thier emotions and they can hold in a bear market there are also loser because they don't have patience and they are afraid to loss more while price is dropping.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 702
April 07, 2023, 12:04:10 PM
If he does not sell, there is no loss, but that is also a problem because no one wants to invest without profit or have to buy at a high price and with too little profit for a long time. That shows us that, although Bitcoin is a good investment, it also requires a strategy and a plan to give the best return. Investing without knowledge will only waste time, sometimes at a loss.
The problem the OP said was more about bitcoin, his friend only left $400 in his wallet out of an authorized capital of $2000, our assumption is that maybe the selling period was done at an inopportune time where the buying price was below the selling price, thus making his friend suffer a loss of assets he owned. Making an investment certainly requires a strategy, so that the investment period you are making does not experience problems as told by the OP.

Even if he bought bitcoins at ATH, it wouldn't be possible to suffer such a big loss, I also suspect OP's friend invested in altcoins and not bitcoins.
No losses when he implemented a long term strategy and the bitcoins were not below the buy price. It could be that his friend invested in altcoins as you suspect, but I think he suffered a loss in bitcoin, his condition could be trying to cut losses because he experienced a panic when the bitcoin price fell below the purchase price.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
April 06, 2023, 06:20:36 PM
Invest what you can only afford to lose especially in cryptocurrency where there's no assurance of when you could gain your target profit. When you buy potential coins like Bitcoin and other top coins, you have to forget your invetsment for a while and expect that the value of your holdings could drop down. Just hold until the bull market approaches which is a perfect time for you to gain profit.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
April 06, 2023, 06:07:46 PM

Those are just paper loss and it wont really be considered to be a total loss as long you arent selling or still deciding to hold.This is the main risks or main thing on dealing up with this market on which
it would really be just normal if we do speak about volatility which is something the main thing that we would be encountering and also the sole reason on why investors do really make out profits and
at the same time you would be losing money. If you couldnt be able to bare up with the risks then this market isnt for you because volatility would be the main thing that you could
be facing on and this is why its never been that simple if you are really that aiming to be profitable from it.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
April 06, 2023, 06:04:10 PM
When you are in the crypto space, and you want to invest in cryptocurrency, maybe the most minimal risk for me is Bitcoin, and besides this I can say that the risk is high for sure.

Why did I say this? because, when the value of Bitcoin increases in the market most values of other cryptocurrencies also fall in the market because they cannot keep up with the movement of Bitcoin, and only a few cryptos can keep up with the flow that Bitcoin does base on what I have observed in some halving has passed.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 250
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 06, 2023, 05:49:07 PM

Using reserve funds to increase investment during a season like this provides peace in the sense that the funds we spend are cold funds outside of the hot funds needed each month.  invest ready to lose so any time to start there must be a risk do not easily jump to conclusions this loss is still the first step the price can still change the time of the bull will definitely come
Activity: 644
Merit: 544
April 06, 2023, 04:17:03 PM
On this april the current market situation is stable but i think there is a chance that the price will going down. If someone want to invest their money i suggest to have a patiance. Wait for market correction and you will get cheaper price.
we don't know when the correction will occur, currently the market price movement is quite stable without any significant movement, but if you look at it since the beginning of the year the positive trend has continued, which means it is not impossible that it will continue.
I think that there is always a risk at any time and in this period I think it's still not bad to invest, all possibilities are still possible.

even personally I still dare to invest at this point, by seeing the fairly positive price movement since the beginning of the year I'm sure this will continue and last a long time.

The only fact about purchasing bitcoin at a discount is that it is difficult to foresee the market, particularly when attempting to determine when the price of bitcoin will actually be low.Therefore, it is very difficult to acquire Bitcoin at a low price since we do not know when the correction will occur as you said. When you know you will make a lot of money, sometimes the most important thing is to be patient and wait until Bitcoin rises in value before selling. Because some individuals buy $20k and sell it for $25k, while others might buy bitcoin at $25k and wait patiently for $50k. One you can be patient enough to meet your price target, you can buy at any time.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 710
April 06, 2023, 02:23:10 PM
Investment certainly contains risk, now the market is moving positively and in my opinion now is the right time to buy more, many analysts believe this year the price can reach $ 100K, if we always think about risks then don't ever think of profit.
What do you mean if we always think about risks then never think about profits? Shouldn't everyone who invests have to always think about these two things before investing in anything, because a large profit rate is of course also accompanied by a significant level of risk so there is no reason to forget one of them. Analysts can say anything at this point and no one has to trust them completely because they are not the gods of the future for Bitcoin and for cryptocurrencies either.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 06, 2023, 12:17:03 PM
It is a fact that the price of Bitcoin will not recover its full value anytime soon but since Bitcoin has been in a deep deep for a long time, it seems that it will now slowly start pumping and recover its previous ATH for a long time.  Which we have seen many times in cycles.  2017 ATH Bitcoin fell down to just $3200 something but Bitcoin didn't stop at this price it recovered again and made ATH more than 3x from ATH of 2017. So it is a good plan to hold tight for already boughted bitcoins.

~snip~
If your friend's $2000 drops to $400 it means your friend invested during the ATH and now his investment has almost drop 80% This means that he has a huge loss so he should hold these bitcoins for a long time until the price of bitcoins again crosses its previous ATH. But if he is not able to do so.  And patiently without holding it.  If he sells, he loses 80% of his investment. In this case he can follow DCA to recover his loss quickly then his loss will be recovered quickly when bitcoin price will start increasing
Op's friend didn't really invest and he didn't lose 80% of his investment.  The op only asked us to feel it. You may have misunderstood this.  But according to the op he says one should never sell bitcoins at a loss.  Bitcoins should be held for a long time if necessary.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
April 06, 2023, 11:42:49 AM
This is the basic investment advise for people intending to invest in Bitcoin both in the bull and in the bear market.
- invest what you can afford to lose or use spare cash
- do not take out a loan to invest
- DCA will protect you. You could do this monthly, weekly or daily.
- do not keep most of your coins in a centralized exchange.

And yes, investing wisely is to invest strategically. Your risk management strategies must be air tight.
https://www.coinbase.com/learn/tips-and-tutorials/how-to-minimize-your-losses-during-a-falling-market
https://www.quora.com/Should-I-take-out-a-loan-to-invest-in-cryptocurrencies
Pages:
Jump to: