Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Scrypt.cc a scam? +Updates - page 4. (Read 20578 times)

Activity: 426
Merit: 250
June 20, 2015, 12:55:43 PM
is scrypt.cc scam or not. i am poor.i want to invest 500$. please advice me

This is a decision you will make. I hold some mining power there for a very very long time and it never failed to pay. I made my ROI and took out 40x the initial investment.

When their former power supplier pulled off the plug last month, I got very worried, esp. after seeing all that has happened with mining related sites. With one difference: the admin came right away in chat and explained everything. So, I made the decision not to sell my share but exactly the opposite, invest more. Many people panicked and started selling at ridiculously low prices. I managed to buy 4x the share I had back then, at the 1/3 of current price. I only watched out for one thing, not invest more than I have actually withdrew over time from this site.

It proved to be a right decision so far.

Play - but play safe.
June 20, 2015, 12:31:58 PM
i believe that script.cc is going to be a scam someday next...like i believe about bitcoincloudservice...

like any other site

bit-x can prove to be a scam also.... and don't deny that

At least, scrypt.cc stays faithful to the purpose of cryptocurrency and does not collect any personal information, unless you are willing to disclose it yourself.

In example, tell me the difference between bit-x and your government, when it comes to taxation of bitcoin holders or when it comes to record your personal behavior as a buyer. Tell me the difference in the case your government "decides" that any Bitcoin holder is an outlaw, which is likely to happen in the future, especially if banks start to collapse.

In my books, any exchange or bitcoin related site that asks for personal information and identification documents can send you straight to jail when the time comes, it is dangerous and it is clearly used as a trojan horse against Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency community.

So, sites like bit-x are dangerous for the community, sites like scrypt.cc are not, even if you end up losing some BTC.

Am I wrong?
June 20, 2015, 11:26:18 AM
This is all nice and dandy but it s obvious they are over profitable. No current miner can provide 60 days ROI and they cannot explain it. So, in one word, SCAM!!!

you were never good at math, were you?

currently, scrypt.cc pays 13.3831 satoshi per KH/s
this means approx. 0.00013383 BTC/MH/day

current LTC profitability is 0.00032946 BTC/MH/day

so, all expenses are covered and you get paid
and you would probably be paid less than what the mining power you hold actually produces, at current prices

only thing you could do better, is to get the equipment, set it up and actually mine yourself those coins

Edit: and don't expect them to "explain" what is obvious, only a moron would ask them to "explain their profitability". Numbers clearly show that you get paid approx. 1/3 of what the mining power you hold is producing, if not even less. I wonder who is the idiot that started claiming that "scrypt.cc is over profitable" in the first place - and you all started saying the same thing as parrots.
Activity: 434
June 16, 2015, 12:32:34 PM
i believe that script.cc is going to be a scam someday next...like i believe about bitcoincloudservice...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
June 15, 2015, 06:50:48 AM
if you cannot afford to lose it, don't invest it.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
June 15, 2015, 06:45:52 AM
If you can't afford to lose 500, don't invest it.

In this case, verlorens advice is sound. If you want to gamble with it, scrypt.cc has an interesting ROI. Can't say that it's without a lot of red flags, but that has been a common thing in all cloud mining concepts the last few months unfortunately.
Activity: 323
June 15, 2015, 03:37:46 AM
If you can't afford to lose 500, don't invest it.
Activity: 615
June 14, 2015, 04:02:07 PM
legendary
May 15, 2015, 08:12:48 AM
Update (12/05/2015): We have decided to move the miners from DC#4 where we had the electricity issues to DC#2 where we house our old GPUs, We have already started the move and we will be mining within the next 48 hours.

Update on the scrypt page after logging in.

The drop could be because of Scrypt.cc being down. Apparently they're not just in that datacentre.

DC#2 (the GPUs) were supposedly shut down weeks ago due to not being profitable. Only DC4 (the ASICs) were running. 850GHs of them.

Well, if the electricity is affordable there, who cares where the ASIC's are running. Though I'm quite curious what type of hardware they use.

Yes, you ll find that one out. As soon as LTCgear starts paying....

Well, at least they're mining again. Server is a bit dodgy and slow from time to time.

Well, adding money to the accounts Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 14, 2015, 07:11:35 PM
Update (12/05/2015): We have decided to move the miners from DC#4 where we had the electricity issues to DC#2 where we house our old GPUs, We have already started the move and we will be mining within the next 48 hours.

The drop could be because of Scrypt.cc being down. Apparently they're not just in that datacentre.

DC#2 (the GPUs) were supposedly shut down weeks ago due to not being profitable. Only DC4 (the ASICs) were running. 850GHs of them.

Wait 850 GHS in DC4 and their provider cut off the power?  And total scrypt coin hashrate only dropped about 250GHs?  LOL
legendary
Activity: 1652
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
May 14, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

Well, if the electricity is affordable there, who cares where the ASIC's are running. Though I'm quite curious what type of hardware they use.

Yes, you ll find that one out. As soon as LTCgear starts paying....
legendary
May 13, 2015, 06:11:49 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 504
May 12, 2015, 01:02:16 PM

legendary
May 12, 2015, 12:35:43 PM

May 12, 2015, 11:30:22 AM
^^^^
Is stupid

The difficulty has dropped a lot https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

If you look it only dropped 200GHS.  And it has done that 5 times over the last month.  If scrypt.cc's data centers had their power shut off and litecoin dropped only 200 GHS and the top scrypt.cc miners have over 300GHs that means ponzi.
May 12, 2015, 11:26:47 AM
Their ASIC's got pulled off the power today. See whats happening to the hashrate: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

Would it be linked? Or just a coincidence?

So what happened every other time over the past month?  Did scrypt.cc's miners get their power shut off then too?
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
May 12, 2015, 10:22:37 AM
^^^^
Is stupid

No, it hasn't. If anything, it's increased since May 10th.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
May 12, 2015, 09:55:31 AM
^^^^
Is stupid

Activity: 70
May 12, 2015, 09:39:34 AM
kinki

Activity: 9

View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignor   
Re: Scrypt.CC | Scrypt Cloud Mining
Today at 01:11:28 PM
Reply with quote  #1746
i want tell you something.....
maybe scrypt.cc is just a scammer.....

please login scrypt.cc and choose  "Rankings" , you will find "Scrypt.CC's Top 20 Hashers"
because  total top 20 hashers are amount about ~300,000,000KHS (=300G).....how AMAZING!!
SO I guess total scrypt.cc sold about over 600,000,000KHS (=600G )!!

DO YOU KNOW THE largest hash rate of scrypt coin
yes!!  it's Litecoin!!

DO YOU KNOW how many hash rate are mining litecoin ??
it's about 1000G!!

SO....scrypt.cc's hashrate  is over helf of litecoin!!!

but i feel so confused!!
when scrypt.cc stop mining this moment........why litecoin's hashrate are never droping down!!

maybe you will say "scrypt.cc mine the most profitable coins"!!
but i guess they still have to distribute over 50% hashrate to mine litecoin (because the coin scale is bigger enough)

so.....i just guess scrypt.cc really not a mining company !! but a scammer (maybe ponzi)!!
Activity: 70
May 12, 2015, 09:37:15 AM
Their ASIC's got pulled off the power today. See whats happening to the hashrate: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

Would it be linked? Or just a coincidence?

I don't see that anything has happened (outside of normal patterns)? There's certainly not 850GHs missing.

Quote from: cryptodevil on Today at 01:06:01 PM
Quote from: mitch845 on Today at 12:31:45 PM
What's the problem with it?
I just write my opinion and let know to as much people as possible that sites like cloud mining, hyip, online investment, are like gambling and MUST be taken as that. I just like to advise people to not invest too much, and to consider all online businness gambling.
I'm not a believer, but for you "ponzi" is just like devil. There are a lot of "ponzi" schemes in real life, that you maybe can't see.

Do you even fucking know what a 'Ponzi' scheme is or are you just going to keep shrugging your shoulders and making hand-wavy statements about how it doesn't really matter if it is a scam?

It does matter and anyone who says it doesn't is either a complete moron or a shill for the scam itself.

Gambling is the process of placing a wager on the outcome of an event based on evaluating the constants and variables which form the basis for the 'odds' a particular outcome will occur.

Investing in a scheme which is pretending to be a legitimate business is not gambling, it is investing in a scheme you believe to be legitimate because you are fraudulently being told it is legitimate by the promoters of the scheme.

That is a criminal act.
Pages:
Jump to: