Pages:
Author

Topic: Is something actually being developed to solve the centralized exchange problem? - page 2. (Read 3476 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
great idea, im sure it will come along and yeah i understand the point on Bitsquare, in the uk the buy and sell orders are very limited.
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
I feel like Bitcoin is never going to properly go to the next level until we fix the problem of centralized exchanges. I feel everytime a great improvement is made that makes the price go up, it gets ruined thanks to some idiot in charge of a big volume exchange getting "hacked".

We were on a good uptrend thanks to good job made by Core devs with up and coming segwit and so on, plus the halving also had a really solid uptrend. This got destroyed thanks to the Bitfinex disaster. Im sure we would be at 700+ as a new floor right now if the Bitfinex disaster didn't happen.

We must then put lot of effort into coming up with a solution to avoid this from happening again. The question is if this is even possible. How to create a decentralized equivalent of Poloniex (note, not a marketplace like bitsquare.io but a proper exchange with a broker where you can make fast trading operations, have liquidity available and hold long positions without fear of getting Goxed)

Can lightning and sidechain allow for this? Maybe through payment channels or something so no one has to hold all the funds in a single point of failure? I don't know, I can't code I just feel like whoever comes up with a solution will be an hero.

the hurdle is to be able to link $ (bank) account to bitcoin account to make this work. It's easy to have decentralized exchange for crypto to crypto however how to get the dollars collateral secured?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I feel like Bitcoin is never going to properly go to the next level until we fix the problem of centralized exchanges. I feel everytime a great improvement is made that makes the price go up, it gets ruined thanks to some idiot in charge of a big volume exchange getting "hacked".

We were on a good uptrend thanks to good job made by Core devs with up and coming segwit and so on, plus the halving also had a really solid uptrend. This got destroyed thanks to the Bitfinex disaster. Im sure we would be at 700+ as a new floor right now if the Bitfinex disaster didn't happen.

We must then put lot of effort into coming up with a solution to avoid this from happening again. The question is if this is even possible. How to create a decentralized equivalent of Poloniex (note, not a marketplace like bitsquare.io but a proper exchange with a broker where you can make fast trading operations, have liquidity available and hold long positions without fear of getting Goxed)

Can lightning and sidechain allow for this? Maybe through payment channels or something so no one has to hold all the funds in a single point of failure? I don't know, I can't code I just feel like whoever comes up with a solution will be an hero.
Pages:
Jump to: