Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the alternate cryptocurrencies market being monopolized? - page 2. (Read 6555 times)

legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
I haven't really thought that pools and exchanges have been monopolizing coins up until this point.  I understand that pools are losing profits, but they cannot control the altcoin community.  All along, I know that the big whales control the market, and I think they are an even larger threat to the altcoins community.  If the altcoin community wants to move on, everyone must re-evaluate the situation.  I think that Minerals really has taken a step towards a more distributed and fair coin, but I would like to see other altcoins that focus on preventing centralization.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Thanks Starscream, It's certainly interesting,
and more reason to avoid new speculative coins, and focus on potentially longterm (or at least medium term) decent ones, with good devs and a growing community.

Anyhow you inspired a new post so thanks for that to:
Are New Altcoins Being Monopolised?:
http://altcoinspeculation.com/are-new-altcoins-being-monopolised/

My pleasure!
I've also added a link to your 2nd article in my OP.
Activity: 432
+1, nice article
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Thanks Starscream, It's certainly interesting,
and more reason to avoid new speculative coins, and focus on potentially longterm (or at least medium term) decent ones, with good devs and a growing community.

Anyhow you inspired a new post so thanks for that to:
Are New Altcoins Being Monopolised?:
http://altcoinspeculation.com/are-new-altcoins-being-monopolised/
Here i blogged a post about similar issues with new coins and the speculative frenzy;

New Coins, New Wealth, Any Future?:
http://altcoinspeculation.com/new-coins-new-wealth-any-future/

Good read, thanks! Will add to my OP.

And for your question, I don't think exchanges got mining farms, but I am pretty sure they are entangled with the big pools that host all those coins so that pool OPs can dump the coin ASAP.
Obviously, the exchanges get more than just the fee from normal exchanges: they get extra $ on the side to add those coins quickly.

I'll be honest, I'm gonna attack Bittrex directly. They are just adding coins that pool ops benefit from.
Here i blogged a post about similar issues with new coins and the speculative frenzy;

New Coins, New Wealth, Any Future?:
http://altcoinspeculation.com/new-coins-new-wealth-any-future/

Good post, I've been wondering about some of these issues for sometime,

Do you think some of the Exchanges also have massive Mining Farms?

I wonder where all the Mining Hash power comes from, tonnes of people have 100's of MH's and some GH's of mining power, its incredible, the small miners are totally out of the game these days...

Soo those 150 pool owners want to become like american top richest families and control everything in cryptoworld but russian c-cex against them.lol.
xD
Activity: 389
Merit: 256
Soo those 150 pool owners want to become like american top richest families and control everything in cryptoworld but russian c-cex against them.lol.
legendary
Activity: 1588
So as i understand it,, crypto has at its heart an underlying ethic of wanting to decentralise the banking systems of the world and therefore distribute power more fairly and evenly.

No, Bitcoin... mimicked by the Alt ecosystem has CO-OPTED the above ethic...
In order to run a highly organized RACKET that methodically fleeces Tech-Mooks with pyramid schemes.

ANYTHING that threatens Pyramid Coin assembly line... gets destroyed without prejudice.

The Alt Ecosystem will never change or improve (it's near perfect for the job)...
But it will be replaced by Silicon Valley Venture Capital and Wall Street firms...
The Pros will just take over when this thing grows another order of magnitude.

BCT probably has about 2 years left... make your EZ money now...
Any talented Zero Sum Game player should be able to figure out this Game.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Hey, could you edit the currency name as it is not MineralsCoin, because we do not want more coins, we want more minerals  Grin So Minerals is just Minerals and that's what we want for people to remember.
Activity: 380
At 2000+ satoshi, small miners made good money off of this new distribution concept - which coin will try it next?  Wink
Activity: 1442
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
"I am here for the goodness of Crypto. "

Cheesy lmao!

LMAO !

its came from dedicated poops owner !

I don't know who he is, but this may apply http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex
Activity: 7
Really  good distribution , pool owners are scared.  Grin  I believe there'll be followers to Minatals.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
"I am here for the goodness of Crypto. "

Cheesy lmao!

LMAO !

its came from dedicated poops owner !

Activity: 56
There is no doubt poolowners are out of control....

All a pool owner has to do or be involved in is running a pool.

Shameless comments regarding a startup coin has nothing to do with doing their job, or is their job not just being a pool operator?

Kill CoinCrime , MIN FTW
Activity: 854
Minerals may be the fairest distribution I have seen and I have been in Crypto a LONG time.

I am perfectly happy with it staying on C-Cex and I suspect that Poloniex will pick it up before too long as their owner is a very ethical person.

Activity: 280
Make Love Not War
bittrex/mintpal are only for pump/dump people Smiley

Less money if no big whales,

thats why i support minerals because of fairness.

Thank You
Activity: 363
So as i understand it,, crypto has at its heart an underlying ethic of wanting to decentralise the banking systems of the world and therefore distribute power more fairly and evenly.  The reaction of the pool operators to this coins method of pow is staggering in its level of arrogance and clearly mimics the initial problems of which crypto set out to tackle.

I urge everyone who can see these bullying tactics to think for themselves. 

Bump.
I want more people to see this.
Pages:
Jump to: