Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the AVERAGE PRODUCING COST of 1 Bitcoin representative of the lowest PRICE?? - page 2. (Read 1787 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
no, because neptune is trash, with antminer s7 the cost to produce one bitcoin is around $75, so the price can even go under 100, and it will be profitable, but a bit too risky for the miners in that case

Um...this calculation is ridiculous and isn't right.  The last time I calculated cost to produce a Bitcoin, SP30 had been out for a while and the energy price was like 2/3rds or higher with the hardware being the rest.  The energy price was something like $150+ then, and that was maybe over a year ago.  Besides the Bitfury 16nm chips, which I'm not sure of how many of those are deployed, efficiency hasn't change that much, but hash rate is a lot higher.  There is no way in hell the electric cost to produce a Bitcoin is $75 now.  It's probably somewhere between 200-300 with (huge) hardware costs on top of that.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Not really. Nobody ever claimed that mining should be profitable at all times. Mining is requires for a healthy network, and the by product is coins.

Most likely if it is unprofitable, small miners will shut down, raising the profits of the giants.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
no, because neptune is trash, with antminer s7 the cost to produce one bitcoin is around $75, so the price can even go under 100, and it will be profitable, but a bit too risky for the miners in that case
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
No.

Average cost moves.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
hi guys , I was thinking about this and im asking, what are your toughts on this matter?

--When bitcoin fell from ATH it hit the bottom when the price for PRODUCING 1 bitcoin was equal to 1 bitcoin.where i live that was about 200$.

in my country in september 2015  , with a neptune at 54mm difficulty (half of now) I was able to mine one bitcoin per month and the electricity cost would've been 200$. Bitcoin was about 230$ at that time.

--Now with the recent price gains , and with recent increase in difficulty , im not mining anymore but it would go like this :

With a neptune it would cost me 200$ per 0.42 btc per month, So i would need to pay at least 400$ per bitcoin to produce it and sell it for profit.

***So to be profitable the price of bitcoin should stay anywhere in that area of 400$.

Is the AVERAGE PRODUCING COST of 1 Bitcoin representative of the lowest PRICE 1 bitcoin could be??
Pages:
Jump to: