Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the Blockchain overhyped? Blockchain Digital Transformation [Infographic] - page 2. (Read 285 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 41
ITs funny how you look back at old videos and many people were calling the internet a fad and that it would never amount to anything.  I have a feeling these same type of people are going to be very wrong about blockchain technology.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

Blockchain is staying for good, much like the dotcom bubble that is also here to stay. Price will be pumped and will also be dumped but the good thing about blockchain is that developers can concentrate more on its usefulness and it can be set up to be immutable. If the government acknowledges blockchain, then more companies are going to be more interested to it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
I think one should carefully consider using blockchain technology on a case by case basis. For example, does health care need a patient database on the blockchain? I'm not convinced. See for example these potential problems. Other areas may have other problems. I know that the word "Blockchain" is very fashionable these days, but does every business need a blockchain? IMO, not all of them do. Only when you absolutely need decentralized consensus should you use a blockchain. And when you use it, there are some obvious downsides to it. Why would you use a technology which is (still) inefficient and slow in achieving consensus if high degree of decentralization is not needed? Just because it's fashionable? Not a reason good enough. There are many areas when a simple client/server architecture can solve all your problems. In any case, I'm looking forward to following the progress of blockchain technologies and their application in the future. While I think the monetary and banking sector will be changed forever, I'm not sure if that's true for all of the above examples.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
I don't think that blockchain is overhyped.

There is a ton of potential that could be explored through the use of blockchain that probably hasn't even been thought of yet. Nor are there nearly as many adopters of existing blockchain technology uses such as bitcoin itself to say that it's anywhere near being mainstream. Thus, the potential for blockchain technology is pretty much endless, ranging from being an immutable ledger replacing conventional databases to being a currency.

I do have to say though that there are a lot of projects whose aim is to raise as much money as possible for the founder through the guise of an ICO that are overhyped, to the point that they are quite shady. Never invest in those.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
Hi Guys

Is the Blockchain overhyped?

Option A-
"The truth in no online database will replace your daily newspaper, no CD-ROM can take the place of a competent teacher and no computer network will change the way government works."
By Clifford Stoll 2/26/95

Option B-
We are at the beginning of the Second Digital Transformation => The Blockchain Transformation.  
Enterprises and organizations are going to take advantage of blockchain technology by optimizing their network and automating it.

I am more like with Option B.... Which option suits you best?

I spent much time on creating this infographic with 30+ Blockchain Transformation Examples

Credits 101blockchains.com

Pages:
Jump to: