Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the current bubble harmful to Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 3931 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
it's actually helpful I think. Bitcoin is gaining huge attention. If people see that it can fall at a moments notice they might be more cautious which means it's less likely to have a crash from 1 thousand dollars to 100 dollars in the future. Hopefully.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Sorry but when I See the price of BTC rise from around $10 to $50 in a short period of time, accombied by the panic buying we've been seeing for a few weeks I get nervous, there has to be a pullback... This is sheer madness, I've practically cashed out completely.

BTC could end up $100 in a few days and I would have 'lost' a lot of money but I feel safe where I'm standing right now. Made a real nice profit either way.

Now, imagine if the Silk Road went down or was offline for a few months... What do you think would happen to the price of BTC?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
Bonus question (apply here to become a multi-millionaire)
How does anyone who was active in 2011 keep panic buying/holding now?

Because the long-term outlook has not changed. In fact, the probability that bitcoin achieves massive success has risen. It's still a positive-expectation purchase, in my opinion. I bought during the 2011 bubble. I continued buying all the way down (my cheapest purchase was around $3). I continued buying all the way back up, snagging my last batch a few weeks ago.

Yup. Might crash 50% tomorrow. Why do you refuse to understand that those of us with long-term outlooks fully understand that there's tremendous variance? We are bootstrapping a new global currency from the ground up. This has never been done before. The price discovery process is going to be wild, in both directions.

We're just not arrogant enough to assume that we can time the market, so we simply buy while the current price is less than our estimation of success-case probability times the success-case price, adjusted for estimated holding time.

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
ITT

A BEAR WHO
[1] STOOD OUT OF THE MARKET WAITING FOR IT TO CRASH
[2] COULD NOT AND STILL CANNOT DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE ON A LOG GRAPH
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Current and bubble...I'm not sure those words are supposed to go together Tongue
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
It woudl only be a bubble if the fundamentals of the coin did not backup its price. If there literally is a huge adoption with may new people interested and more commerce taking place than it isnt a bubble.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Stop calling it a bubble! Stop it!  It's a "return to value" Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
So since your other thread is a massive facepalm https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-you-think-the-rally-is-over-now-or-very-soon-145315

You decide to try again here?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
* Too unstable.
* People losing money they cannot afford.
* The press will have another field day.
* Inviting the Gov to take notice, regulate, tax, etc?

Is the current bubble harmful to Bitcoin?
What is your real opinion, even if you are a bit blinded by profit?

Bonus question (apply here to become a multi-millionaire)
How does anyone who was active in 2011 keep panic buying/holding now?
Pages:
Jump to: