Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the fed inflating bitcoin to crash it? - page 2. (Read 2434 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 106
Pretty sure Congress doesn't have oversight over the Fed, as much as they'd love to believe they do. Didn't take budget approval to send a few trillion to other international banks, now did it?
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
it takes Congress months to approve a budget. there's no way they are responsive enough to be intervening right now, even if they do try to do so at some point in the future.
No. This is not what the feds do. Imagine the firing if it came out that tax dollars were used this way.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
No. This is not what the feds do. Imagine the firing if it came out that tax dollars were used this way.
Why would they kill their assets? Because maybe they see it as a legitimate threat to their monopoly and they don't mind throwing a few million down the drain because, well, they have unlimited access to more.
Activity: 164
I love conspiracy theories as the the next guy, but I prefer ones that make sense. In this case, that line would be on the asset side of the Fed's balance sheet, US$ being on the liability side. Why would anyone want to kill their assets (*) is beyond me, but whatever, if you need to have the Fed behind everything, you have to be more and more creative in constructing myths.

(*) bitcoins being their assets as this particular theory implies, which of course I don't believe.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
No.

Well, that was easy.
My sentiments exactly. But everyone seems to suggest that I'm wrong assuming one individual/entity was behind the move from $120 to $147. Except that it happened so systematically and swiftly, it would have to be a huge coincidence that a cohort of speculators were acting in such synchronicity.
Activity: 121
Hi folks!

In the last 48 hours, the price of the virtual currency has surged by 50% from $94 to $141 as the rate of expansion goes more than parabolic. This leaves us with the question, which line item on the Fed's Balance Sheet is 'Virtual Currency Transactions'... what better way to destroy an up and coming currency competitor than to blow a bubble in it and explode it?

That is a 14x rise since the start of the year...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-03/bitcoins-go-parabolic
Pages:
Jump to: