Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the Gemini exchange in trouble? - page 2. (Read 257 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 32
October 25, 2023, 03:30:18 AM
Yes, I am a bit worried.  But maybe too worried.  I have, what is to me, a substantial amount in their exchange.  

I have a cold storage wallet but am not yet comfortable with it.  Maybe I need to work that.  My thought is to put a small amount into the cold wallet, create a new account with Binance, or Kraken, or someone, then transfer to there and see the coins pop up.  I suppose that will take two transaction periods which I think are about 10 to 15 minutes each.  Is that a reasonable plan?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
October 25, 2023, 03:24:06 AM
You think Gemini is in trouble because of the lawsuit from New York Anthony general that Gemini defrauded investors $1 billion

https://cointelegraph.com/news/gemini-genesis-dgc-sued-by-new-york-attorney-general-for-allegedly-defrauding-investors

Do not hold your coins on exchanges, move them to noncustodial wallet.

If I move to a different exchange, which one charges the least to sell coins and transfer the cash to a local bank for withdrawal?
I like Binance and OKX.
Activity: 59
Merit: 32
October 25, 2023, 03:11:10 AM
I have seen a few articles about the Gemini crypto exchange and legal problems in the U.S.  Do you think they are in real trouble?  Might that put my, our, coins in jeopardy? 

If I move to a different exchange, which one charges the least to sell coins and transfer the cash to a local bank for withdrawal?
Pages:
Jump to: