Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the hype starting? - page 3. (Read 725 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 05:14:42 PM
According to this report, which im sure there are a few, it speculates we
could be at the start of an end of year surge in bitcoin value. This is of
course bast on historical events but we all should be aware that past
events should not be used as a future prediction.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/09/bitcoin-may-surge-in-the-last-quarter-of-this-year-seasonality-chart-shows/

In my opinion this report and others to follow no doubt will fuel the
speculation to end 2018 on a high.
It is likely that we are going to close with the price going up but not because of the previous years, but this is going to happen because markets move in cycles, and the current cycle of the prices of altcoins going down is probably going to end in October or November, this is why I'm trying to take good positions in some of the most well known altcoins and make money that way.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 07:58:41 AM
I guess it is, there is always hypes in cryptocurrency so yes,  there is. Most investors and self proclaimed cryptocurrency expert are always doing so by hyping the price of bitcoin using a disgusted price predictions. It might even surprise you that the ETF Bitcoin acceptance is also another form of hype.
I think you wrongly understand the ETF acceptance because still not accepting the ETF and price also fluctuating gradually in current market.
All the peoples are afraid in this situation because of bearish trend may be some little hype is satisfy your needs but true trends crypto market will not grow in this month.
Price today is less than tomorrow, how can I say that yes the hype has started. The situation is different and towards downstream. This is because people are no more interested in bitcoin. They are putting their money in Altcoin. There are so many good and profitable coins that can make you rich in few months. Why one should waste his time and money in bitcoin?
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
September 17, 2018, 09:55:31 PM
I think with the current market conditions it is difficult to start because every time the pump starts and happens a few days later the dump price returns even lower than before, maybe this year it will be like that until the end of the year.

Every time people hope that it's the start of the bull run, price would then dump making more people frustrated than they have been. Instead of whining about it, people should just think of ways to take advantage of the rise and fall. When you check the chart, some signs are there that there is an impeding rise or fall because the range is getting smaller. It may happen or not sooner or later but when you study the charts, you can still trade and get small profits.
Activity: 994
Merit: 117
September 17, 2018, 09:20:08 PM
I think with the current market conditions it is difficult to start because every time the pump starts and happens a few days later the dump price returns even lower than before, maybe this year it will be like that until the end of the year.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 517
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 17, 2018, 07:53:06 PM

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/09/bitcoin-may-surge-in-the-last-quarter-of-this-year-seasonality-chart-shows/

We have a great surge of prices in the 4th quarter last year and hoping same thing happen this year. There is still enough time and the possibility of the uprising trend is still there. We never just lost our hope and keeping our trust will boost others to do so and never dump sell their coins. We will wait until end of 3rd quarter if there is an indication of surging, then definitely hype will come along.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
September 17, 2018, 07:47:12 PM

All those sources just manipulating with your opinion. Once CNBC says bitcoin will go down, most likely it will go up averagely by 30% according to the previous stats with their announcements.
However, yes, some alts went up 100% and more yesterday, like VIBE, TNT etc, but today the market is crashing and that growth is going nowhere also..
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
September 17, 2018, 02:43:26 PM
Following hypes does not help in anyway. The best thing to do most of the time is to simply monitor the trends and trade based on what you see. Sure, there is a huge optimism in the market judging from the way things have been in the past, but I guess time will tell of history will truly repeat itself or not.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 17, 2018, 02:04:36 PM
I guess it is, there is always hypes in cryptocurrency so yes,  there is. Most investors and self proclaimed cryptocurrency expert are always doing so by hyping the price of bitcoin using a disgusted price predictions. It might even surprise you that the ETF Bitcoin acceptance is also another form of hype.
I think you wrongly understand the ETF acceptance because still not accepting the ETF and price also fluctuating gradually in current market.
All the peoples are afraid in this situation because of bearish trend may be some little hype is satisfy your needs but true trends crypto market will not grow in this month.

Well i think people already saw how jumping carelessly on a hype can end up pretty bad for you like those who bought in close to the ath price early this year. And we're not even sure that an etf will be approved this time. And if it does, probably it will see the price grow a little for a short time. Many people short their trades because of fear that this bear market brought.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
September 17, 2018, 11:04:40 AM
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
September 17, 2018, 07:42:18 AM

I really doubt it. Not all reports are going to be accurate.

Considering that the 2013-2015 bear market lasted around half a year longer than this one has so far before any signs of bullish recovery came to the market, I think it's safe to say that it's extremely unlikely that we'll see a trend reversal by the end of the year.

Sure, there could be potentially a short term rally at any given moment near the end of the year, but I don't believe it's going to be able to be anything long term in terms of flipping the sentiment.

It's much more likely that we'll see prices recover as we get closer to 2020 as the halving gets closer. Besides, we may not have actually seen the bottom yet even though prices have settled at $6k or so for the time being, there is every chance that further dips may be coming.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 16, 2018, 04:08:08 PM
Normally, last quarter has always been known to be the period of surge right from the onset, and a lot of traders and investors are hoping this year will come with the same move but certainly too early to judge.

Here's a few contrary examples. Q4 2011 was bearish. It's when the market crashed to it's lowest point before the next accumulation cycle began. Q4 2012 was a sideways market. Q4 2014 was mostly sideways, but December began the final crash to $150.

I don't see the point of trying to find these patterns. There's only one Q4 per year, so the total sample set is tiny. Timing the boom-bust cycle requires a lot more nuance than that. In fact, time is the most unpredictable part of the market in my experience.

You should stop trying to time the boom-bust cycle. People have tried and failed to do that in the equity markets, which has loads and loads of data. You will be hard pressed trying to get comparable data in the crypto market.
You are better off taking a long-term call and systematically investing / disinvesting.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
September 16, 2018, 03:24:49 PM
Normally, last quarter has always been known to be the period of surge right from the onset, and a lot of traders and investors are hoping this year will come with the same move but certainly too early to judge.

Here's a few contrary examples. Q4 2011 was bearish. It's when the market crashed to it's lowest point before the next accumulation cycle began. Q4 2012 was a sideways market. Q4 2014 was mostly sideways, but December began the final crash to $150.

I don't see the point of trying to find these patterns. There's only one Q4 per year, so the total sample set is tiny. Timing the boom-bust cycle requires a lot more nuance than that. In fact, time is the most unpredictable part of the market in my experience.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
September 16, 2018, 01:50:49 PM
Interesting points made. The general consensus is that the markets will remain
in a Bear trend for 2018 with some natural rise and falls as normal volatility continues.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
September 16, 2018, 01:47:17 PM
additionally we may see some ETF hype start up again and some whales may want to take advantage of it and make some more profit in the same pattern they have been doing for the past couple of months.
If something becomes so predictable that even lower tier traders start to pick up on it, we'll likely be close to a point at which the market will no longer react. I don't think we're very far away from that stage.

As far as I'm aware of, this month marks the last Vaneck ETF decision of 2018. If they once again delay their decision, it will be moved to Q1 of next year. I rather see them reject it entirely to make an end to all this speculation.

Most of what I have been reading here and on social media is whether or not the SEC will approve an ETF. It's working against the market with how everyone is overly bullish while there is no reason to be so.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
September 16, 2018, 01:37:32 PM
Normally, last quarter has always been known to be the period of surge right from the onset, and a lot of traders and investors are hoping this year will come with the same move but certainly too early to judge. Like you said, past move does not indicate what would happen on the future and I guess we can only hope for the best at this stage.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
September 16, 2018, 01:28:22 PM

Unfortunately, it looks like sentiment hasn't reset yet. Anytime we get a little bump in price, everyone still gets bullish and expects reversal. In my experience, we need more of a lull and possibly lower prices to shake out this hopeful sentiment. It feels too early for hype to reemerge.

Seasonality might be a thing, but if we look at what happened after the 2013 bull run, 2014 was a year without anything other than a continuous lower high down trend, and this seems to apply to 2018 as well.

True, but every one of these cycles has turned out differently. In 2014 it was all slow bleeding, then capitulation, rinse repeat. All this sideways tells me something different might be happening.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
September 16, 2018, 01:02:37 PM

honestly, there does not seems to be any hype at the moment there was ETF hype but that also is drying out now as most people know what the decision of SEC is going to be. ETF is not coming until 2019 this is what people know now. But this is crypto and you never know when the hype may begin it just requires bitcoin price to move upward direction for few days and we will see a new hype.
Activity: 420
Merit: 136
September 16, 2018, 12:54:51 PM
We've hit the roughly 6000 dollar bottom time and time again and volume is slowly getting lower and lower. Hype is really the wrong way to look at any recovery. If you look at 2014 and 2011 crashes both times the price recovery was very very slow and steady.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
September 16, 2018, 12:39:29 PM
The recent market is little positive but last week big dump was occur in the market. How you expect this bull run was starting in this scenario. I think all the cryptocurrencies are damaged in the market so it takes more time to recover in all the cryptocurrencies so your thought comes true in future but not now in this scenario.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
September 16, 2018, 12:04:58 PM
there is no way we can be certain of that but there are enough reasons to believe that a surge even a small one is a strong possibility. for instance one of the biggest things to consider is the fact that price has been at the bottom for a long time now and every accumulation will lead to a surge eventually and being a the end of the year historically meant some sort of rise.
additionally we may see some ETF hype start up again and some whales may want to take advantage of it and make some more profit in the same pattern they have been doing for the past couple of months.
Pages:
Jump to: