Pages:
Author

Topic: is the ledger can be hackable ? - page 2. (Read 242 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 927
July 18, 2023, 07:05:29 AM
To prevent from being hacked user have to create a strong password with upper case and lowercase characters and to add another layer protection have to add pin code. Also secret phrases should have a safest backup.
I never used a ledger wallet before but shared from my little learning.

Most importantly treats your ledger as a hardware wallet or offline wallet that it is. Do not store any of these back up keys, pins, phrases or seeds online or on PC, store them on a sheet of paper or as other members have suggested on washers.

Many of the reported cases of those losing their funds on ledger are through user carelessness.
Activity: 434
Merit: 141
July 18, 2023, 06:54:04 AM
Ledger wallet has some data leaks.

Message from Ledger CEO about their data leak
Ledger suffers another data leak

Their reputation is bad because those data leaks and months ago they announced their Ledger Recovery Service which causes more fear about data leak on user wallet seed.
Activity: 658
Merit: 158
BTC Rocks
July 18, 2023, 06:52:14 AM
is the ledger can be hacked ?

if yes in which scenario?
Including Ledger Wallet any hardware wallet can be hacked or compromised though Ledger wallets are the safest than any other crypto wallets or hardware wallets.
Some of the common ways how hardware wallets(including Ledger) can be attacked:
1. Power Glitching
2. Side Channel Attack
3. Software attack
4. Phishing Link attack

To prevent from being hacked user have to create a strong password with upper case and lowercase characters and to add another layer protection have to add pin code. Also secret phrases should have a safest backup.
I never used a ledger wallet before but shared from my little learning.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
July 18, 2023, 06:26:38 AM
is the ledger can be hacked ?

if yes in which scenario?

thanks in advanced
Pages:
Jump to: