Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the North Korean government engaging in bitcoin mining? - page 2. (Read 1237 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 18
Its interesting if it's true....

time will tell...
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Somehow I don't believe that NK government is involved in bitcoin. They are type of country who might ban the bitcoin, not use it. But even if they are doing that they will do it secretly but still US sanctions against them will not influence the price in negativne way.
I think the money in agrarian industry is bigger than mining, besides why they do things that don’t support their other programs? the Korean government isn’t stupid and we are talking about a country not a city that conspires to embezzle government funds to build a mining center underground, the profit earned is large but if it’s intended for the country then the profit is very small.

I don't think they can do bitcoin and altcoin mining in a larger scale in their country. Because there, lots of things are forbidden and the government pressure on people is high enough.

They're not that intellectual to use coins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
If a country really decide to be involved in bitcoin mining, which means they maybe posses majority of the coins later.
It might be a threat, if bitcoin really reach $1m it the future then the danger would be real. North Korea might use all its bitcoin asset to start a world war Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
There was this guy which I think was a BBC staff. He went to Nort Korea to experience and see things. In the heart of the city condominiums also exist. What struck me is people use stairways as electricity is very unstable and they have bad experiences being stranded in elevators. Well actually it's been known even before that they don't have enough power supply and it includes Pyongyang. It is still possible that they are funding to mine cryptocurrencies but it should be outside Nokor.  
i think that may be media FUD

I concur, same ppl here say 'china banned bitcoin', same ppl here say NK bans laptops, ...

Listen up, NK wants to modernize and over take the west, just like SK has already done with Samsung, Kim ain't stupid,

Besides its too easy to hack BTC, kim is smart the achilles heal of US is to break the BTC machine right about the time the  US Gov demands upon it for this new form FRB welfare redistribution of ZOG fiat.
Activity: 884
Merit: 500
Somehow I don't believe that NK government is involved in bitcoin. They are type of country who might ban the bitcoin, not use it. But even if they are doing that they will do it secretly but still US sanctions against them will not influence the price in negativne way.
I think the money in agrarian industry is bigger than mining, besides why they do things that don’t support their other programs? the Korean government isn’t stupid and we are talking about a country not a city that conspires to embezzle government funds to build a mining center underground, the profit earned is large but if it’s intended for the country then the profit is very small.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Of course. They are not as stupid as we think. NK is miles ahead of many western countries regarding cyber warfare/crypto etc
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
It's not impossible that they're mining Bitcoin and Altcoins to get money as many as they can to fund their research for their own benefits.
They're sending their citizens to any part of the world to get dollars through remittances and the same way of they're going to mine crypto currencies then by now perhaps they're already collected a lot of coins.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
If the north korea will continue or engage in bitcoin mining then it will be a good news for us because it will be another country that will be on bitcoin and that mining of bitcoin will add more bitcoin in the market and for sure, the people in the north korea will be using bitcoin too so it will be a huge help for the price to get into a higher state.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Are you kidding me the more people mining bitcoin the higher the price it becomes and the more the supply it gets. So even if the country mining it is a dangerous one it's still good for both bitcoin currency and the users. Ive seen a thread in this forum that the North korea government bans the usage of it's internet from it's citizens and only accessible by high government officials. So this news is probably true.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Information recently surfaced that someone in North Korea has started mining bitcoin. According to Recorded Future, a threat intelligence company, on May 17 North Korea initiated a rather large mining operation. Prior to this date, there was minimal bitcoin node activity in the country.
https://news.bitcoin.com/north-korea-begins-bitcoin-mining-operation/
Some people think that north korean governmnet engaging in bitcoin mining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCBM51-bbc8
whats your opinion is it dangerous for Bitcoin or good as UN and USA have strong sanctions against NK.
We're talking about here is that this country, who threatens other countries, is now engaging in mining BTC. If they use the BTC as a way to get out of that sanctions, then NK will win the fight. They are capable of mining and use it efficiently to finance their operations. Who knows what will still happen in the future.
Activity: 311
Merit: 109
Endless Horizons!
They don't even have enough power for their country. I'm not saying they aren't willing to starve 1000's of people for a mining operation...but it seems implausible especially considering their one 5 star hotel shuts down when guests check out.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Information recently surfaced that someone in North Korea has started mining bitcoin. According to Recorded Future, a threat intelligence company, on May 17 North Korea initiated a rather large mining operation. Prior to this date, there was minimal bitcoin node activity in the country.
Some people think that north korean governmnet engaging in bitcoin mining.
whats your opinion is it dangerous for Bitcoin or good as UN and USA have strong sanctions against NK.
If a country is spending money to start a big mining pool there is nothing wrong in it and since there are many sanctions against North Korea i think they could make a good amount of revenue through mining and if they could tap that opportunity then it is their concern on what to do with it,since bitcoin is decentralized it really never matters from where the mining takes place as long as the operations are running smooth for bitcoin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
Aren't they too busy doing stupid things like weapons testing and threatening other countries because kimmy has small penis syndrome?   Grin

There is no way you can find that out north korea doesn't have internet and they are the most advance community even if they are mining they might have a figured a way to not show the location and are quietly mining. According to mining rules that is allowed anyone with computer can mine

Of course they have internet access there. Why wouldn't they? What rubbish are you talking? They not advanced at all. They communists hello do you know what is going on here? Which ever said anything about showing you mining position? Who cares anyway?

Thats something i never thought that could happen! I will be sure to search this more .
I think it will be dangerous for the rest of the world..? If they have a good strategy to "play" with bitcoins....?

I suppose we are all under control, some terrible economic power is trying to manipulate the world with bitcoin, then, the value of bitcoin is constantly going up, it's a suspicion of me.

Ahh... No... It's simply supply and demand.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 501
Good for North korean govt. if, they are into mining. I believe breaking out from limitation & slavery from the so-called super power countries is one of the reason why Negatomo invented bitcoin.

No country has the right to place ristriction(s) on other countires!
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
There is no way you can find that out north korea doesn't have internet and they are the most advance community even if they are mining they might have a figured a way to not show the location and are quietly mining. According to mining rules that is allowed anyone with computer can mine
Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Thats something i never thought that could happen! I will be sure to search this more .
I think it will be dangerous for the rest of the world..? If they have a good strategy to "play" with bitcoins....?

I suppose we are all under control, some terrible economic power is trying to manipulate the world with bitcoin, then, the value of bitcoin is constantly going up, it's a suspicion of me.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I read a report that they are. Quite smart of them. It shows they are ahead of the game. Although realistically, many countries are likely doing so at the moment. North Korea just has a huge mainstream presence compared to the others which gets them in the news. In any case, I wonder how many they have. They could become a powerhouse when it hits $1,000,000. hahaha

North Korea in a desperate need of foreign currencies since no one trades with the country. So mining Bitcoin is a very wise decision of them. If they turn at least part of their efforts of making weapons to Bitcoin mining I think they can make big progress in acquiring hard currency in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
I read a report that they are. Quite smart of them. It shows they are ahead of the game. Although realistically, many countries are likely doing so at the moment. North Korea just has a huge mainstream presence compared to the others which gets them in the news. In any case, I wonder how many they have. They could become a powerhouse when it hits $1,000,000. hahaha
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I do not think so. There were other things they have to do first rather than bitcoin.  In case, there were civilian who are using, earning, and investing bitcoin. 
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
Nobody can be sure about it but if there is a government that is so freaking afraid of decentralization it must that demagogue regime right there in North Korea. However, the government can decide to make some business and invest in mining equipment since they know that many Chinese are doing it. Anyway, it does not really matter if N.Korea is into mining or not.

I think it's a great news if NK also try to accept bitcoin as well
Imagine if there is major demand against bitcoin for their nuclear project, bitcoin will increase even more than highest today
Pages:
Jump to: