Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the world economy dependent on the American economy? - page 7. (Read 7867 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Stating the fact that the United States is the largest global economy, with a GDP that is nearly $9 trillion higher than China, obviously U.S. economic situations do have a reasonable effect on the global economy. But also statistically speaking, U.S. represents less than 20% of global output. To simplify my answer, it can be considered that yes, there is is some dependency, but not total dependency.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
I guess it is, but they only gained their power after the world war.. I guess it won't be long before there is a switch to China as the new world economy everybody depends on..
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
yes it is. not only economically but politically too. however, some regions have dependent country on it. for example, if indonesia goes default, then the southeast asia economy would decline..

just my two cents  Grin
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Is the world economy dependent on the American economy?

No, but the world economy is forced to look at the American economy a lot more than other world economies because of the way news is dissemated and who controls the media.
That said the US is an influential economy that can seriously impact global policy and to an extent all countries are interdependant so it does have a signifcant role to play in it.
But the rest of the worlds economies are not entriely economically dependant on the US, but some countries are more than others depending on their own trade relationships.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Each country in the world has its own economy. But we were all witnesses of what happened in 2008. The economy crisis that happened and struck all the countries in the world begun in America. So you can't say that world economy depends on the American economy but if something happens there we will all fill that Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
No. If the American economy disappeared there rest of the world's economy would continue on. Do you think business in the UK or Asia would all of a sudden stop? Obviously the markets would go down for a while, but it would all come back...

only those that are heavily dependent from america will fall, for a bit maybe, nation like japan, for example,  are immune from the failure of other currency, then you have the whole euro, which will not be affected much, actually it will beocme stronger for obvious reason

Thanks for repeating my comment, what was the point of that?

i didn't repeat anything i added on top of what you've said, like the euro that will be stronger and many other top 10 currency, and despite the bubble that crushed cny are among those
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
The size of the US economy is about 22.5 % of the total world economy. So, of course the world economy is dependent on it. The whole question is silly.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
No. If the American economy disappeared there rest of the world's economy would continue on. Do you think business in the UK or Asia would all of a sudden stop? Obviously the markets would go down for a while, but it would all come back...

only those that are heavily dependent from america will fall, for a bit maybe, nation like japan, for example,  are immune from the failure of other currency, then you have the whole euro, whichwill not be affected much, actually it will beocme stronger for obvious reason

Thanks for repeating my comment, what was the point of that?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
It is pretty heavily dependent on the US economy.  Some major players more than others.  You always want to be in one of the countries in the handful that have to remain profitable for the world banks to continue their growth.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

only those that are heavily dependent from america will fall, for a bit maybe, nation like japan, for example,  are immune from the failure of other currency, then you have the whole euro, whichwill not be affected much, actually it will beocme stronger for obvious reason
Activity: 784
No I don't think that world economy depends on American economy.
Every country's economy depends on how much currency it is printing and how much gold is it having.
And also that are they able to pay their loans.

Yes every country has their own economy, but no doubt other country's economies are influenced by the american economy but it doesn't mean that the growth of all countries is depended on american economy.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

No,but USA is recognised like biggest ecnomy in the world,dollar is world reserve currency,That way world is dependent on USA  economy
Loose lips sink sigs!
Activity: 14
Sure, at least to some extent. I think almost every economy depends on every other economy in the world (because imports/exports chain virtually the entire world). Maybe the few exceptions would be isolated countries like North Korea.

I do not think the bass entire world economy depends on the US economy but the greater part of which is under the auspices of the Great Powers
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
The world economy is intertwined, the US economy is dependent on the world economy and vice versa. Naturally the world economy would suffer greatly if the US economy failed, but it would eventually recover and other economies would fill the vacuum.

What to you mean by "the economy failed"?   If a significant fraction of the population is forced to work for fiat currency does that count as a failed economy? 
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Yes, that's quite true. Many people in China depend on American consumers buying the stuff they're manufacturing in their factories, and the same goes for German luxury car makers. It's not a life and death dependency, but the world would face a strong recession if the US were to be wiped off the map.

You just have to look at the share of a country in global trade.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
The world economy is intertwined, the US economy is dependent on the world economy and vice versa. Naturally the world economy would suffer greatly if the US economy failed, but it would eventually recover and other economies would fill the vacuum.
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

in most of the case i would say, yes, since there is lot of things that come from americans that europeans adopt, so in some ways yes, but now i have another question:

about what is the american economy dependent?, is the old question and the old conspirancy theories... dont you think?
Activity: 560
Yes, because they are there. But that does not mean that America is that much indispensable to the rest of the world. America is huge, but the others are growing.
Pages:
Jump to: