Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a tool to rescue your funds after you are dead? - page 2. (Read 451 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
Let's save your private key to somewhere in paper. I don't think any theft will take the un-meaning words from your house haha.
Share pincode, word-phase of cold wallet to your family members.
That's key then event they don't know they would ask someone to help later
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
There isn't any tool. It's the first time I hear this. It's a good idea. Loss of bitcoins after death has always been a concern.
Its very serious concern but we can put private keys in any bank locker for next generation with all details because now most of peoples can manage to use internet and understand all things without any problem USB is also very useful for this as all data can safe in very easily without any problem  Cheesy
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
Cant you just add keys and instructions to your will?
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
the only tool is to leave the private keys of your wallets to your intended recipient in your will or before you die.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
There isn't any tool. It's the first time I hear this and it's a good idea. Loss of bitcoins after death has always been a concern.

As a solution your private key ca be emailed a person we have defined before.
Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
I assume that this tool would have to be connected to the Internet in some way, so it would potentially be vulnerable to malware and any other threats.  People who are using paper wallets or something else offline might not be satisfied.

I don't think that this exists, but I could imagine a decent hardware wallet considering implementing it.  TREZOR have a connection to Dropbox feature, so even though I wouldn't expect it to happen, I could imagine a feature in which you decided criteria for the wallet to assume that you're dead and then the information could be exposed in the correct circumstances.

Perhaps you could just leave a paper wallet in a bank safety deposit box and then leave it to someone in your will.

Activity: 158
Merit: 10
Hi Guys!

I am looking for a tool, lets call it "dead-man-switch".
Lets say I die, all my funds would be gone. 🤔
=> everyones dead persons wallet would be gone forever.

Is there a tool to store the private keys (or other credentials), which get released to predefined persons after you die?
You have to login to this tool once a week to signal you are alive.

If its a 3rd-party tool, then there would be a trust issue if they just store the keys in a database.

Have you heard about something like this?
Pages:
Jump to: