Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there an easy way to make sure your wallet is safe on your home PC? - page 2. (Read 195 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148
I'm not an expert in cyber security but Quantum claims to be a "cryptographic secure network". Bitcoin is also secure, no one hacked its blockchain yet. But when it comes you your home PC then everything is in your hands and any 3rd parties will hardly make it more secure. For better safety you can install Linux, that's gona be the most eficient move.
If you are going to save your keys to flash drive like lakimens offered then it is still not that safe. Sooner or later you will have to plug it in your PC and if it is compromised then you may lose your keys. In such cases it is better to use hardware wallets.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I think it's safe to use Electrum, because there is almost no one who has heard about the use of Electrum wallet to replace the bitcoin.
Nah, bugs always happening in almost every software. In recent attack, hackers successfully hacked Electrum through bugs and immediately asked everyone to upgrade to latest updates to avoid your funds get stolen. I'd rather to have backup rather than stay in one place.
Activity: 84
Merit: 4
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
Install on USB, throw USB in some dark hole. PROTECTED.

Yeah, I have the same opinion on that. Why doesn't people understand it's simple to protect your wallet? Also we can use removable hard drive and keep the wallet there.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I think it's safe to use Electrum, because there is almost no one who has heard about the use of Electrum wallet to replace the bitcoin.
Even if the Electrum wallet is flawed, it will soon be fixed.
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
Can just get a trezor or a paper wallet if you're extra paranoid.

A little bit investment doesn't cost so much if you compare it with the loosing of your portfolio by the hacker. Hardware wallets like the ledger and trezor are very recommendable. I am also afraid of the possible attempts of the hackers to steal my portfolio.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
People are sometimes losing their portfolio because of the mistakenly giving their private keys but in the case, you own the hardware wallet the transaction need to confirm on it if you have it in the standalone version or even if you have connected some other wallet like electrum to it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Can just get a trezor or a paper wallet if you're extra paranoid.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
This is definitely a good development. This will help to reduce the issues and incessant hacking of wallets and the stealing of people's funds. If this can work out well,i believe so many people will embrace the development.
I would like to ask if there are any demerits as regards the use of this new invention or it is 100% perfect?
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
Install on USB, throw USB in some dark hole. PROTECTED.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
With the most recent hacks, this is a hot topic. We at quantum are suggesting using XMSS to secure your wallet as we consider to do with ours in our new blockchain.
https://github.com/quantum1net/Documents
What is your take on securing wallets?
Pages:
Jump to: