Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any evidence that suggests this entire “industry” is getting bigger? - page 2. (Read 168 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 3
I believe I can say that it is getting bigger, since more and more people around me are talking about blockchains and cryptos in general. Even my friends who didn't want to do anything with it half a year ago, are anxious to invest their 100 bucks into some coin. Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
What do you mean by KPI? What is that?

Yes there is a lot less money in the markets then there were 6 months ago, but it makes sense, it's still very much a speculators market.

One thing I have noticed is that real businesses want to use blockchain in a way that doesn't involve a native crypto-currency...for example all of the companies that have joined the BiTA will probably use a standard built on hyperledger.

So Im with you in that what we are all holding now is used for nothing more that payments, and most of the time payments from you to exchange, back to you ect ect....most of crypto right now is vaporware unfortunately. Not one crypto is widely used in business/banking/finance yet.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 251
everyone wants the best for crypto, everyone hopes that crypto can be used en masse and can be used in everyday life. but a lot of challenges that have to pass it, the government, financial companies and banking. there are also many fraudulent businesses under the guise of crypto, such as scam ico, ponzi and others, frankly this deception will worsen the image of crypto in the eyes of the world.

perhaps the thing we have to do is to educate the public on crypto, specifically blockchain technology and start today in your neighborhood. if everyone has known and have benefited from crypto, I am sure the revolution will begin and the government will not be able to stop it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
My friend, I read your article about nervousness, fear, disappointment, panic! Don't be afraid, this period of time, the market really depressed trading volume! But this is only temporary. Normal fluctuations. Please wait patiently, I also invested in cryptocurrency, but my heart is very relaxed!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
First and foremost, I do actually want to see Crypto become larger, more influential, and widely adopted.

That being said, what are the KPI’s to look towards measuring if we’re heading in that direction?

There’s substantially less money in the market than 6 months ago, organizations and governments all over the world are taking action to slow this down, or flat out stop it. Scams have our investments stretched thin over hundreds of coins that will never see the light of day, and I still find myself asking, “Why on earth do I need to own these things...what is the use for me owning NEO? Or Ripple? I’m not processing any cross-border payments any time soon..and I’m certainly not making deals that require the complexity and brilliance of a smart contract. So what is the appeal, other than the payment system coins?

I’m an investor, and I am already invested in this space - it’s not that I don’t want this all to happen - I just don’t necessarily know if I’m deluding myself in tying up resources for 5+ years.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: