Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any reason to day trade anything other than bitcoin? - page 8. (Read 20897 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Bitcoin used to be the main crypto currency, but now there are more and more projects that already have an excellent product in demand, a strong community and can give growth more than 100 times and we need to be paid attention it
Those coins are good in day trading because they move faster than bitcoin. If you know how to do day trading you will know that bigger coins are not good coins to trade for so you have to look for other altcoins that can give you a day profit. I sugget not to do day trading with bitcoin at all, because it is good for long term trading.
Can you guys just an examples of the alternative crypto currency you guys are referring to that is good for day trade please? I think your point is contrary the opinion of the author of this thread which am very much in support of his submission and I have taken a stand in my submission above.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
It is true that Bitcoin is the mover of the crypto currency market no doubt but there are some altcoins that you will hold for a long time and you will end gain huge sum if money from your investment if the market move in your favor.
There are lots of potential altcoins that are good for day but I would still stick with bitcoin. As for me, the value of bitcoin is still reliable and is increasing each day where it simply means that we could gain better through it. However, we could do a simple study on what is better for day trading.
Finding those altcoins are not going to be easy so most of the people stick with btc and stable coin pair for day trading and they feels more secured when they doing with bitcoin.
The only thing you will need to do is just to analyze the top 10 altcoins and spread your investment capital in all the one you think has a potential growth in the near future for is better to take risk than not take risk at all.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
There are lots of potential altcoins that are good for day but I would still stick with bitcoin. As for me, the value of bitcoin is still reliable and is increasing each day where it simply means that we could gain better through it. However, we could do a simple study on what is better for day trading.
Finding those altcoins are not going to be easy so most of the people stick with btc and stable coin pair for day trading and they feels more secured when they doing with bitcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
Bitcoin used to be the main crypto currency, but now there are more and more projects that already have an excellent product in demand, a strong community and can give growth more than 100 times and we need to be paid attention it
It is an undeniable truth that Bitcoin trading has been a nice way to make money but the long bear market dwindled that prospect of money making in Bitcoin and now we have more good projects when it comes to quick returns so I think that yeah you can day trade any other coins you think is best for you. But, bear in mind that Bitcoin has revived and it is high time to be part of it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
Its all depends on the amount you're going to spend for trade. I have some bad and good experience with day trade. I deposit low amount on day trade and i gain nothing except loosing my money. A 100$ trade would be good. More your invest more than chances you gain to get profit. But the luck not always work.

The amount is not the main thing. You need to understand which of the altcoins are perfect for the day trading during the current market situation. As for Bitcoin, it is not the best choice for this business.
Activity: 788
Shitcoi, Shitcoin and Shitcoin i really love at them because i can getting a good profit went i mining them/trade them on some exchange. Most i trade using pair ETH/LTC and if i lucky i can get more than 50%
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
But how do you day trade Bitcoin alone? You will still need to pair it with other cryptocurrencies, stablecoins or fiat currencies.
I get the point though. There are few currency that are worth trading.
Activity: 445
Merit: 10
Serious discussion please.

Obviously some alts can have significantly bigger gains than bitcoin when it comes to long term and bull runs, the last bull run from 6k to 10k for example, sure bitcoin was strong, almost a 2x but some of the top alt coins did more than a 2x even 3x. However that's only long term.

Short term I don't see any reason to trade anything other than bitcoin, especially knowing how little volume some of the other coins have, even top 10 alt coins, for example stellar only has 33m volume. So my question is, what's the point of trading stellar, for example, instead of bitcoin? You know that even if you are a whale and trade a lot, you wont be moving the market as much, if you have 1m and you trade stellar, that's already huge and we all know the 33m volume is probably not even real, a lot of it from bots trading.

It's also much easier to follow bitcoin because, well, the whole market follows bitcoin. Bitcoin dictates where the market goes.
Short term trades is not bad at all.. You can still gain on it as long as you know the trading rules basic indicators reading charts and candlesticks... Follow the price actions and so on... Coz sometimes when bitcoin dump some alts really pump where you can scalp and trade for short time frame.. Atleast, even if the bitcoin is dump you can still gain profits from scalping.. Then just wait for bitcoin to pump again for bigger. Value..
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
That is the only thing those coins are good for and that is why they get dumped easily, other than that, they are very useless project that are not even good for utility purpose. It is even difficult to use analysis to trade those coins except bitcoin.

It is better to focus on BTC trading and become perfect on it to make cool cash on a daily basis, than have a diverted attention over coins that are good for nothing and will not stand the test of time, the ration of the good ones among them are very little compared to the bad ones, since they are mixed and will be difficult to sample them out, the best is to stick with BTC alone which even gives better profits.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
Right there are so many other uses of bitcoin, we are living half of our good life only because of bitcoin, it worked for so long as currency and it worked as investment for long term, we only need to admit the value and the importance of bitcoin, those who are investing and trading with bitcoin from early years are now billionaire.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
Those coins are good in day trading because they move faster than bitcoin. If you know how to do day trading you will know that bigger coins are not good coins to trade for so you have to look for other altcoins that can give you a day profit. I sugget not to do day trading with bitcoin at all, because it is good for long term trading.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
imo bitcoin is actually a bad medium for doing day trade or  trading  due to its higher value   . you can only buy smaller amounts because its expensive and you can only earn small amounts of profit because you buy them at a high price and whats worst is that you can loose big when the value dumps  . imo bitcoin is only good for a currency use ( ex. for buying , paying )   . while altcoins on the other hand are the one that is suitable for  trading purposes because they are smaller/lighter  . they are inexpensive  , you can buy them anytime of day   . you wont regret if you loose because you will only loose small .
That is why as a pro trader, it is every paramount for them always make sure that their TA is very close to them for them to quickly read and see the direction of BTC price. Bitcoin is still the easiest coin to predict its price movement using technical analysis than other altcoins, provided the entry point is very good.

On the other hand, trading altcoins is not much of a good choice, an altcoins is only good to be traded at its early stage when it’s still new and fresh, buyers tend to lose interest in them the moment another altcoins comes out to compete against them and you know you need lots of price fluctuation to be able to trade successfully, which I think BTC is still the most volatile.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
Some altcoins have huge gain in very short term so people who are looking to earn more money in short term will choose altcoin and obviously they are taking huge risk as well.I agree that bitcoin is the best for day trading and we can choose any stable coin as pair and start making atleast 1% of profits per day if we can pick the right time to buy and sell cryptos.
Activity: 222
Its all depends on the amount you're going to spend for trade. I have some bad and good experience with day trade. I deposit low amount on day trade and i gain nothing except loosing my money. A 100$ trade would be good. More your invest more than chances you gain to get profit. But the luck not always work.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
Alts are more volatile than BTC which can work both to your advantage and to your disadvantage. I typically do not trade with very low-volume coins or very new coins as trading such coins and tokens is more risky than trading older and higher-volume coins IMO, but there's also more profit to potentially be had in them. BTC also does not seem to be completely leading the way out of the $3000s doldrums, with alts like LTC seeing signfiicantly more percentage gains in the last month and week.
Of course there are many other choices, bitcoin is not the only crypto on the market. and you're right, in fact the altcoin price is much more volatile than bitcoin, and from that then trading will be much more challenging and more profitabel in altcoin right?
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
I use to trade altcoin for short term and long term in my day trade i choose from the top altcoins to buy for my long term i buy cheaper altcoins and i keep it until they can worthly use in the market to tror convert it imto bitcoin or usd. I think depends the strategy of each traders how to gain as the traders.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
Of course there is. Rising crypto prices are times that are fun for everyone, including you. You will feel happy when you see the crypto price that you hold increases in value. Or maybe, you will smile with satisfaction when the crypto value you are holding printed in an amazing nominal on the market cap.

Obviously some alts can have significantly bigger gains than bitcoin when it comes to long term and bull runs, the last bull run from 6k to 10k for example, sure bitcoin was strong, almost a 2x but some of the top alt coins did more than a 2x even 3x. However that's only long term.

However, wait a minute. Don't be complacent with that value because everything is just pseudo and ultimately it must re-take root in the main crypto, which is bitcoin.

It's also much easier to follow bitcoin because, well, the whole market follows bitcoin. Bitcoin dictates where the market goes.

Because, bitcoin's an indicator and a major pioneer for the growth and existence of all scattered cryptocurrency. Therefore, most crypto analysts use bitcoin more as a comparison material in discussing various forms of investment that exist today, and the topic of bitcoin, coincidence's one of the investments chosen by investors.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
Day traders only take the advantage of little changes in pricing to make money from the market and it can be done every minute or hour.  Since other coins such as ripple, litecoin and ethereum provide this trading opportunity often I think we can trade them in the place of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: