Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there anything worth buying? - page 2. (Read 2037 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
January 09, 2015, 09:40:56 AM
I wouldn't buy any mining gear right now unless you have very cheap electricity. Buying coins is almost always more rewarding. If price goes up you profit of course, if price goes down you can at least cut your losses quickly which is impossible if you had bought mining equipment. With mining gear you pretty much have no choice but to sit out the rough times. It could work out if you're lucky and the BTC price recovers, but in that case I still think your options are much better if you had bought coins instead.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031
January 09, 2015, 02:18:54 AM
So I'll have about $1K that I want to put towards bitcoin investment or generation of bitcoins somehow.  I've parted out my gpu rigs but am still interested in a mining aspect.  I've looked into cloud mining and some rigs that are coming out.

Mostly, the advice I've gotten is to just buy bitcoin.  But I want to do something that would be more enduring.  

Is there any gear that would be just as enticing as buying bitcoin right now?

The difficulty is on the rise again. Now's not the time to buy new gear.

Okay, but the difficulty is typically on the rise.  I've also heard the argument that btc value is low so now is the time to buy because the value will go up.  Well, when the value of btc goes up then the miners are also making money again.

But it also seems like mining isn't really worth it just by the mining itself unless you also consider the flexibility that comes with the ability to mine various coins of the same algo.  IDK...  was looking for some really compelling arguments one way or the other but so far nothing really... oh I can't think of the word... it's more like a big turd sandwich situation.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
January 09, 2015, 02:01:45 AM
So I'll have about $1K that I want to put towards bitcoin investment or generation of bitcoins somehow.  I've parted out my gpu rigs but am still interested in a mining aspect.  I've looked into cloud mining and some rigs that are coming out.

Mostly, the advice I've gotten is to just buy bitcoin.  But I want to do something that would be more enduring.  

The difficulty is on the rise again. Now's not the time to buy new gear.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
January 09, 2015, 02:01:04 AM
So I'll have about $1K that I want to put towards bitcoin investment or generation of bitcoins somehow.  I've parted out my gpu rigs but am still interested in a mining aspect.  I've looked into cloud mining and some rigs that are coming out.

Mostly, the advice I've gotten is to just buy bitcoin.  But I want to do something that would be more enduring. 

You can split your investment 50% - 50% between Bitcoin and alt-coins.
Keep 50% in Bitcoin to be safe since alt-coins are comparatively risky.

Have a look at this, it gives some idea of promising alt-coins to invest in 2015:
http://fuk.io/january-2015-report-best-altcoins-and-cryptos-to-mine-and-invest-in-for-high-profits/
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031
January 09, 2015, 01:55:19 AM

Pages:
Jump to: