Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there really any point in buying alts right now, I personally don't think so. - page 3. (Read 440 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
now is the best time to invest . most alts are already at dip and market will recover by the end of this month . if you have some funds (only what you can afford to lose) ,then start investing in some solid projects and you'll thank me later .

People have been saying that since january and yet here we are, dipping even further. There is no way to know if it's going to recover at the end of this month or even at the end of this year in fact it may never recover to ATH. I personally think that most alt coins will die if the market eventually recovers. There aren't even that many solid projects. Look at top alt coins, tron nr.13 and verge nr.20  Verge is borderline a scam and tron copied their whitepaper, are those solid projects?

Correct our all predictions failed but what to do we don't have other choices, I too think the market will not recover at the end of this month but i have little bit hopes that the market will recover at the end of this year. I don't have hopes on all projects but i think the main projects like BTC, ETH and NEO will recover ASAP.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Unless you are looking for a very long term investment, virtually all alts are just following bitcoin price, in fact most alts are getting weaker and weaker including big ones like eth or ltc, compared to bitcoin. I have been trading bitcoin only lately because there is really no point in trading anything else right now. Until we see the market recover and stabilize a bit which could happen soon or could take years, I really don't see much point in buying alts for the short term.

That is how I have always viewed alts. Last year, people thought, finally, some alts are moving independently of Bitcoin! But I have always seen how alts move up and down with Bitcoin. Sometimes, it happens in the converse manner, but never for long, so I think people also look for this pattern sometimes - as in, alts go up while BTC goes down.

The proof of BTC being still the best is now. See % of decline from ATH and most alts are doing far worse.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
This is the right time to buy alts if you want a long-term investment, if you just rely on bounty then it will make you rich. if you are investing this long term as your future savings as well.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
If you think bitcoin will decrease to a certain price, wait for that to buy altcoins, now they are dependent to bitcoin. You are right, we should think about also bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
now is the best time to invest . most alts are already at dip and market will recover by the end of this month . if you have some funds (only what you can afford to lose) ,then start investing in some solid projects and you'll thank me later .

People have been saying that since january and yet here we are, dipping even further. There is no way to know if it's going to recover at the end of this month or even at the end of this year in fact it may never recover to ATH. I personally think that most alt coins will die if the market eventually recovers. There aren't even that many solid projects. Look at top alt coins, tron nr.13 and verge nr.20  Verge is borderline a scam and tron copied their whitepaper, are those solid projects?
Activity: 276
Merit: 11
Unless you are looking for a very long term investment, virtually all alts are just following bitcoin price, in fact most alts are getting weaker and weaker including big ones like eth or ltc, compared to bitcoin. I have been trading bitcoin only lately because there is really no point in trading anything else right now. Until we see the market recover and stabilize a bit which could happen soon or could take years, I really don't see much point in buying alts for the short term.
What you say is true. Currently altcoin prices are declining, if you buy altcoin for trading it seems unfavorable, but good for long-term investment. If already purchased, then hold, patience and wait until the price goes up. This will take a long time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
The wise and professionals investors always buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying. Now that many people and traders are saying they can not buy altcoins and bitcoin the people that has been making money from the markets are now buying and holding to be keep for long.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
for me their are still good alts that are worth investing in, like omisego and appcoin, but it is only my own opinion, you are still the one who will decide when, what and where you'll put your money in.

It all depends on individual risk taking capacity because if one can take a risk and invest in some good altcoins in this downtrend then they can expect a more profit when markets recover back. But people who wait for markets to recover back then they may miss the chance to buy good coins at a lower price so their profits will be less. But when you invest for a long-term then better never buy any shit coins instead go for good ones.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Altcoins at current situation is very cheap, instead Bitcoin is also cheap and you can buy any coins validating the potential of that now to get maximum returns in the long run. Buying when the price is down or cheap is the biggest rule one should follow in this crypto market and definitely the price will shoot up probably in another two to three months.
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
for me their are still good alts that are worth investing in, like omisego and appcoin, but it is only my own opinion, you are still the one who will decide when, what and where you'll put your money in.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Arabic Translator
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end

Alts will come back.  It's only a matter of time.  There are plenty of good deals to get right now if you do some research. Happy hunting!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
I have bought some alts before the market crashed and no choice but to hold till market recovers. If I have some funds I'll still buy some alts and put them on sell order and just forget. It may take months but I'll just wait. No shit coins of course. Just those top 100 coins in the coinmarketcap. Some coins we may not notice but they actually climbs up the list. That we should look out for.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
that's true, sometimes a lot of wrong perceptions, nowadays many people buy because of its low price, but when prices fall again they become panic. they just think of a profit, without an analysis and they want to get rich quick.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
in bear market ppl trade for more alts, and some ppl still get profit.
still we need some ppl to buy in this situation or market never recover
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
Pages:
Jump to: