Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there still need for more coins, or better, opporutnities for innovation? - page 2. (Read 1000 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 264
Top of my list would be "Proof for useful work" coins (see the Proof of folding thread that I posted in extensively). That's a coin that can do some serious social good.

Other minor things are block rewards that increase w/ hashpower (to an extent, that's also called inflation), other hash algos like Skein, other proof-of system (proof of storage was proposed as a Dropbox-like alternative, and is potentially very interesting). There's a lot of concepts out there, but it's unfortunate that fly-by-night coins have taken the limelight right now.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
A coin that has 4x as many coins as all coins combined with only a 0.0000001 second confirmation time.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
CoinTropolis
Heya,
I was wondering, with the rush of useless alt coins, is there still anything innovative we could do for a new coin? I would be very interested in making a coin, but I'm not going to make a LTC clone,change the difficulty and rename it, I was wondering, can we still do anything innovative, or is LTC the only alt coin we need?

I'm not quite sure who this 'we' is you speak about. The market will ultimately decide, really that simple.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Heya,
I was wondering, with the rush of useless alt coins, is there still anything innovative we could do for a new coin? I would be very interested in making a coin, but I'm not going to make a LTC clone,change the difficulty and rename it, I was wondering, can we still do anything innovative, or is LTC the only alt coin we need?
Pages:
Jump to: