Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there such a thing? - page 2. (Read 192 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"
January 24, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
Only tether that i know backed by usd thats mean the price always 1:1 with us dolar, sometimes the price go like 0.98 to 1.02 or something and there to many of them, this years there 20% more tether supply added. But ive heard there some gold miner company want to make cryptocurrency with gold backed thats mean the price of that crypto determinant by the price of gold or whatever precious metal they want.
The problem is that they can't proof that they back every tether with a dollar . They have been asked countless times and they haven't been able to show something. So at the moment the best thing to do is just go trough the hassle to put it to usd i you want.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
January 24, 2018, 10:11:59 PM
You mean fixed price token? I think if this could happen in one token, no one will be invest on that token. Because they wouldnt get any profit on that token. Why? Because every transaction here has a fee and if the price of that token will not increasing like other token, the investor will be unprofitable. Thank you.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
January 24, 2018, 10:04:36 PM
Is there such a thing as a fixed price token meaning one with a set price like 1.00 that never changes?
Yes. I have seen a token asides from Tether but I can't remember what is it. I just saw it in a youtube advertisement. It says that it has a fixed price or like Tether, not sure which of them though.
Activity: 476
Merit: 106
January 24, 2018, 09:52:09 PM
Only tether that i know backed by usd thats mean the price always 1:1 with us dolar, sometimes the price go like 0.98 to 1.02 or something and there to many of them, this years there 20% more tether supply added. But ive heard there some gold miner company want to make cryptocurrency with gold backed thats mean the price of that crypto determinant by the price of gold or whatever precious metal they want.
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
January 24, 2018, 08:42:55 PM
Yes its called tether and it has the potential to bring the market crashing down because they likely "printed" too many and likely do not have the USD to match each one. Just hope that everyone doesnt decide to cash out at once.

Don't run to conclusions too quickly ! We are still waiting for the results of the audits concerning the USD reserve. If I die before I get those, maybe my grandchildren will know if it's finally good to invest in Tether.  Grin
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 08:39:18 PM
Yes its called tether and it has the potential to bring the market crashing down because they likely "printed" too many and likely do not have the USD to match each one. Just hope that everyone doesnt decide to cash out at once.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
January 24, 2018, 08:32:05 PM
Is there such a thing as a fixed price token meaning one with a set price like 1.00 that never changes?
What do you mean by the fixed price token? Are you speaking about the price of token at the ICO?.

The price of token or coin will be only fixed at the time of their ICO sale and when it listed on exchanges the price will change according to its demand.But most of the token will lose its value when listed on exchanges because investors of the tokens will sell their holdings to make money out of it.
copper member
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
January 24, 2018, 08:05:29 PM
Pages:
Jump to: