Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there such thing as a “safe strategy”? - page 3. (Read 1020 times)

Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
I am not so skilled to suggest you but in my little experience, I can say that there is no safe strategy to trade. If you want to trade safely then you have to aware of the market and get the points of sure risks and never hurry to trade. Don't run to catch high profitable investments if you not properly skilled. All over there are no safe strategy but you have to try to balance the market if you want to minimize risk.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
Normally every strategy would have a Risk-Reward ratio of 1:1. To create a low-risk strategy in every trade try to take this ratio to 1:2. 1 times risk for two times the reward. Other than that one good strategy that doesn't always work is buying 24h lows. You just pick the 24h lows from Binance see if the low is backed by a big red candle on the chart and wait for a retracement in an upward direction.
Yes, it’s not advisable to buy when they are just getting into the market, because you’re sure heading for a loss. It’ has become a normal thing for people who are holding tokens to sell them immediately the token lands the market, and that would usually affect the price in that first time it is starting, they all end up crashing to a lower price than what they got into the market with, and if the project is strong they are still going to recover after the drop, but that’s not usually the case for all of them.

I like the strategy you have here, it’s a good strategy and is definitely going to work if one follows it right.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
To be sincere, there's no safe strategy anywhere because every investment strategy in the cryptocurrency have its own risk involving this is the reason why new investors are advised to learn more about but it good to have the required knowledge and awareness in making a profitable investment decision that can be used to prevent lost.
I hope it was clear enough for OP and for the newcomers who seek safety assurance here as they can't find it. Even expert traders had no escape from this how much more for the beginners.
For you OP, if you can't handle the stress and wanted safety assurance in trading, you'll better not try this thing because you only just be disappointed and that might curse you. Don't bother yourself trying if you were afraid to lose as this is a possible and normal scenario.
I support what you said because cryptocurrency investment is for those who can take the risk and make use of it to profit themselves but I study the OP question and I think he asks the question out of curiosity so he can know if there's a strategy that would minimize the chance of making losses.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618

Hi there!

I’m quite new into trading of any sort. I started by shorting BTC when price was trending down. I made some profits and then I lost it all... several times.

Besides potential gains, I love all the knowledge on markets and economics I’m getting by experimenting.

I’m not looking to be a full time trader. I just want to do one or two trades per week focusing on modest gains but low risk.

For example: I though that trading on the first minutes of an IEO was a safe option. But after reviewing how previous Launchpad projects went on the firsts minutes I does not looks like a low risk strategy at all.

So my question is: Is there such thing like low risks strategies? If yes, what could be an example of that?

Thank you!
Seriously? Grin Trading into the first minutes of an IEO looks to you as a safe option? They Generally open at 5-10 times higher price than their issue price, how can you expect it to be a low-risk trade? All the monsters who would have subscribed to the issue run to sell everything they were holding. I don't think there is any low-risk trading strategy until you are willing to deep dive into space. Normally every strategy would have a Risk-Reward ratio of 1:1. To create a low-risk strategy in every trade try to take this ratio to 1:2. 1 times risk for two times the reward. Other than that one good strategy that doesn't always work is buying 24h lows. You just pick the 24h lows from Binance see if the low is backed by a big red candle on the chart and wait for a retracement in an upward direction.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Honestly people keep talking about how it could be safe, or how it can't be safe but isn't that a bit more about what you understand about safe? I understand that most people talk about "very little risk to lose all your money, even if it means not making a lot of profit" but that is not it for many people who are crazier when they are trading.

I have a friend who throws 50k into any defi he finds these days, he wasn't a rich person about a year ago, he bought about 20k dollars worth of bitcoin when it was around 5-6k and it helped him get richer eventually, but the real thing came when he started to throw money into defi projects, made 2x here and 3x there and 5x something else and suddenly his 20k was over a million dollars, now that dude throws 50k into every defi thinking he could still 2x that, and if he loses to him that is safe because it is "only 50k", that is not the case for most of us.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Yes, there are safe strategy.
Many investors are still achieving something good from their trade in the market because of the strategy they are using to study market price. Monitoring the price of the market before supplying your coins to the market can make your strategy safe and profitable in the process.
Buy and hold for the market to change for your satisfaction is one of the safe strategy many investors are using to earn massive profit from their Investment.
They might be lucky to have that chance but we all know that these people are in trouble during their early days in trading. They might be now in a good situation with the help of their experience. However, they can't deny also that not all the time their trades went successful but I was sure that they also suffer losses.

Buy and Hold are a genuine practice that everyone was doing, but this couldn't give us the guaranteed safe that we are looking for. Many holders did also lose due to the wrong choice of coin.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
Yes, there are safe strategy.
Many investors are still achieving something good from their trade in the market because of the strategy they are using to study market price. Monitoring the price of the market before supplying your coins to the market can make your strategy safe and profitable in the process.
Buy and hold for the market to change for your satisfaction is one of the safe strategy many investors are using to earn massive profit from their Investment.

What you call a safe strategy doesn't really provide a 100% guarantee. Once you have bought a cryptocurrency, you are already on the path of risk and may lose your deposit due to circumstances that do not depend on you. And the strategies you've listed can only reduce these risks.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
When it comes to "safe" I guess it's "buying & holding" the coins/tokens you believe in the long term! Everything that includes "fast profit" is risky, so risky that you can lose your entire bankroll!

"Safe" also comes with practice! When you practice something long enough, you have more confidence, you know what things to watch for, you are well aware of risks and how to avoid them, so it's safer for you to do "risky" things!

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
If not trading is counted then probably it is the safest strategy because sometimes not playing is the safest action, if I were to choose, I would probably hodl my bitcoin instead of risking it in trade where there is an uncertainties and risk involved.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I think that there are no safe trading strategies; there is at least a minimal risk in every strategy. If there was a "safe" strategy, then no one would make money on each other by speculation and so on. This is the basis of the trade, the greater the risk, the greater the profit and vice versa.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139

Hi there!

I’m quite new into trading of any sort. I started by shorting BTC when price was trending down. I made some profits and then I lost it all... several times.

Besides potential gains, I love all the knowledge on markets and economics I’m getting by experimenting.

I’m not looking to be a full time trader. I just want to do one or two trades per week focusing on modest gains but low risk.

For example: I though that trading on the first minutes of an IEO was a safe option. But after reviewing how previous Launchpad projects went on the firsts minutes I does not looks like a low risk strategy at all.

So my question is: Is there such thing like low risks strategies? If yes, what could be an example of that?

Thank you!

All I can say is everything in cryptocurrency trading there is always risk involved. But to say say if it is low or high that could be depend on your review I think. So, in my own opinion and views, if you want to trade with a safe strategy choose the coin that has a fast moving price in the chart graph you could surely get a profit by it but of course be careful still in doing it. Good luck Smiley
Activity: 2828
Merit: 344
win lambo...
Be a responsible trader where you do your own analysis even if you don’t trade everyday, this can lessen the risk and your strategies might give your more reward this is mu safe strategy, I only buy if its cheap and sold if its expensive already. Work with the good project as well, to ensure good profit and returns.
If we don't trade, there will be no risk that is what we think but the truth is that, as we are in trading no matter we just trade once a week, we are still in the high-risk.

Traders are risk-takers so better live that way if you want to succeed. Safety strategy? We can never find it here. Choosing a good project could give you a chance to make profit but we can't eliminate the risk. If we wanted not to experience losses, then we have to stop dreaming for becoming a trader.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
To be sincere, there's no safe strategy anywhere because every investment strategy in cryptocurrency have its own risk involving this is the reason why new investors are advised to learn more about but it good to have the required knowledge and awareness in making a profitable investment decision that can be used to prevent lost.
I hope it was clear enough for OP and for the newcomers who seek safety assurance here as they can't find it. Even expert traders had no escape from this how much more for the beginners.
For you OP, if you can't handle the stress and wanted safety assurance in trading, you'll better not try this thing because you only just be disappointed and that might curse you. Don't bother yourself trying if you were afraid to lose as this is a possible and normal scenario.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
There is nothing that can ever be guaranteed in crypto trading. If you look at trends then the safest strategy would be to buy bitcoin or some top altcoins and wait for the price to go up. Buying when the price of a coin is at an all time high is not the wises move because we could have a market crash and you will have to wait a few years to make a profit.
Always the safe strategy could be buying at low and then selling at high; but many people are simply ignoring this because this sounds like very basic and normal as per our regular life incident.

Best strategy ever, yeah. Now, being able to determine what's "low" and what's "high" is entirely different story LOL
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
To be sincere, there's no safe strategy anywhere because every investment strategy in cryptocurrency have its own risk involving this is the reason why new investors are advised to learn more about but it good to have the required knowledge and awareness in making a profitable investment decision that can be used to prevent lost.
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
Be a responsible trader where you do your own analysis even if you don’t trade everyday, this can lessen the risk and your strategies might give your more reward this is mu safe strategy, I only buy if its cheap and sold if its expensive already. Work with the good project as well, to ensure good profit and returns.
Merit: 683
Safety is the most concern to everyone but unfortunately, trading won't guarantee you that. Coz if think about trading, you are also aware of the what we possibly face later or sooner. Risk is a part of this and no matter how careful we are, we can't escape from losses but somehow, there is a way to minimize it depending on our strategy and risk management control.
if we have knowledge in trading, that is a big help but there is no way we to say about "safety assurance".
Safety does mean that you wont be experiencing any losing trades which we know that it is impossible for that to happen. It doesn't exist for sure because dealing with market volatility is already the
factor that would surely mess up your analysis no matter how good it is.

Even professionals or veterans into this market is really still having some hardship on making out profits.

Risk is there but you can really less out the risk if you do know on what you are doing.It is just needing some experience and proper analysis and good emotion handling
for you to sustain this market.
Merit: 605
Safety is the most concern to everyone but unfortunately, trading won't guarantee you that. Coz if think about trading, you are also aware of the what we possibly face later or sooner. Risk is a part of this and no matter how careful we are, we can't escape from losses but somehow, there is a way to minimize it depending on our strategy and risk management control.
if we have knowledge in trading, that is a big help but there is no way we to say about "safety assurance".
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

No need to become too much technical.

Just continue doing trading to become familiar and be used to it. Strategies will be created along the way depends on the situation you are in. You can't just follow other strategies as we have different ways of executing them.

Building experience is the key.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
There is nothing that can ever be guaranteed in crypto trading. If you look at trends then the safest strategy would be to buy bitcoin or some top altcoins and wait for the price to go up. Buying when the price of a coin is at an all time high is not the wises move because we could have a market crash and you will have to wait a few years to make a profit.
Always the safe strategy could be buying at low and then selling at high; but many people are simply ignoring this because this sounds like very basic and normal as per our regular life incident. But, it is all about holding because buying at cheaper be possible when you will be ready for continuous watching to spot out the possible low price level and this will be true for catching possible ATH as well. So, then we are sticking with basics of trading then that will definitely lead to safe trading.
Pages:
Jump to: