Pages:
Author

Topic: Is this Amazon's blockchain killer? - page 2. (Read 276 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 12
May 17, 2019, 02:35:14 PM
It's still early to say that OpenBazaar can become an Amazon killer, but, as we know, there is no limit to perfection. With time, I think it will be that way. I want to believe in it. I personally like the fact that OpenBazaar’s decentralized structure allows trading -or commissions, and access to the platform is possible from anywhere around the world, the main thing is the availability of the internet
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
May 17, 2019, 02:01:10 PM
Nothing is impossible but I doubt this will ever happen without mass adoption, easy-to-use blockchain, irresistible marketplace, blockchain with increased transactions speed/volume.
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
May 17, 2019, 11:54:46 AM
When a team has a lot of money. No problem eliminate competitors. Everybody knows it. So it will be almost impossible to compete with them. The same is when the FB will create its own currency.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
May 17, 2019, 11:31:10 AM
Stay far away from any company, blockchain or not, that says they will take on one of the multinational megacorporations when they are just a startup.
Also, thinking that any of these current companies will "take down" the huge companies is foolish thinking.

It's like those altcoins developers claiming they will beat bitcoin or their coin will be the new bitcoin. Regarding the topic, like others have stated here, I also think Amazon would adapt to crypto and would keep their leadership.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
May 17, 2019, 11:13:47 AM
Stay far away from any company, blockchain or not, that says they will take on one of the multinational megacorporations when they are just a startup.
Also, thinking that any of these current companies will "take down" the huge companies is foolish thinking.

These megacorporations exist because they CREATED new industries, not because they took down an existing top company.
In the case of amazon, they were one of the first and best dot.com companies and have stood the test of time.
Netflix, apple with the smartphone, tesla, all of these created new industries rather than trying to compete with what was on top.

Blockchain is its own unique technology.
In my mind, only using it for buying/selling is a serious waste of its technology.
The most unique industry blockchain makes possible is a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization), not another online sells company.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
May 17, 2019, 11:12:01 AM
I also think that is hard to take behind of Amazon, is hard to take the place of a old an trusted company, and maybe is possible but this will take a lot of time and need to be taken good decisions for a new company to be number one.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
May 17, 2019, 11:10:57 AM
Large companies such as Amazon will always have rivals, both heavy and light, but I have never seen them compete with crypto even though it can happen because in the world of market competition there is always the possibility of being open and happening.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
May 17, 2019, 11:07:08 AM
I was tempted to say "No way!" but then I remembered the saying "Never say never." While it is impossible to imagine anything treating today's Amazon dominance, we should also know that many empires in history have fallen at the height of their power.

I would be very happy if OpenBazaar grabbed at least a tiny portion of Amazon's share, for starters. Because a decentralized marketplace like this would be a blessing for both sellers and buyers. Amazon's current monopoly is hurting both of them.

Maybe Amazon will switch to using crypto one day, or maybe they are not really interested. It doesn't matter much. Nothing last forever, and in the new crypto economy of the future there is certainly a lot of room for projects such as OpenBazaar.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
May 17, 2019, 10:51:44 AM
None of the marketplaces have ever threatened to take down Amazon,,, but now that you mention it, if Amazon adopts Bitcoin then it could be that all the Bitcoin competitors might suffer from people leaving them because who can beat the variety of products on Amazon right?

The only issue now is KYC I think,,, because eventually Amazon will require full verification and that may put off Bitcoin sellers.
Activity: 286
Merit: 11
May 17, 2019, 10:23:49 AM
I've been following OpenBazaar for a while now and I just encountered this article today: https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/can-openbazaar-replace-amazon/

I understand that Amazon is literally one of the top 3 companies in the world. Nothing can bring them down as of right now. But if crypto were to go mainstream... Do you guys see Openbazaar competing against them? Maybe even taking them down?

No.
Amazon would develop a better crypto based platform before openbazaar comes anywhere near competing it. Or thinking better for openbazaar, Amazon would acquire it before it comes to any value. Though other established platforms could give Amazon a tough competition if they develop a better blockchain platform before amazon does.
Activity: 317
Merit: 104
May 17, 2019, 10:13:56 AM
I've been following OpenBazaar for a while now and I just encountered this article today: https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/can-openbazaar-replace-amazon/

I understand that Amazon is literally one of the top 3 companies in the world. Nothing can bring them down as of right now. But if crypto were to go mainstream... Do you guys see Openbazaar competing against them? Maybe even taking them down?
Pages:
Jump to: