Pages:
Author

Topic: Is This Another Scam Or What? - page 3. (Read 421 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 10
November 09, 2018, 07:26:37 AM
For sure it's a phishing site.  I  hope you didn't type your private key there
Real honest sites usually never give you links. They give you a text message, which you can copy, sign in MEW and return them back a signed message
Activity: 1204
Merit: 13
November 09, 2018, 07:25:40 AM
Since I started participating in bounty campaigns and airdrops, I receive many different emails, including allegedly from the campaigns in which I participate. Basically, I do not open these letters, especially not go to the link. The easiest way to go to the chat of the project in the telegram, and find out if they sent letters to the participants. Be careful!
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
November 09, 2018, 07:24:49 AM
It is surely a scam and it is a good thing that you highlighted it here so everybody will be aware of such a new fraudulent modus by scammers. Decoin team has not sent email to confirm or verify it's participants.

Just another act to hurt the already limping crypto community.  Sad
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
November 09, 2018, 07:24:00 AM
If a site looks exactly like MEW but you see that the url is different, it is a 100% scam. There are such things here and there in crypto world, no need to spend much time considering them Wink but anyway, thnx for the report, hope it'll help someone keep their money safe)
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
November 09, 2018, 07:19:48 AM
I received a mail from DECoin asking me to verify that i am not a robot via their website and typing a message that will show that the wallet is mine. Unfortunately for them, I only applied for the bounty(explained how they got my email address) but i didn't do any work. So, I knew immediately that it is scam. I played along and clicked on the link in the mail, a website loaded and on this website(http://MyEtherWallet-checks.space/signmsg), i am supposed to unlock my wallet to be able to verify that i'm not robot, who does that Huh I checked very well and saw that the site is like a clone of MEW.

I'm raising this issue because many like me would have gotten the message and some might not think twice before inputing their private keys. Although, i don't know if this is the norm. My question now is, can this be trusted or is it just another form of scam considering that the site is not secured?

Lastly, we really need to be careful of how we protect our wallets, so as not to get duped.

Note: I tried to reach DECoin concerning this and i haven't gotten any reply since yesterday
thanks so much for bringing up the matter here, this really have go to stop. I recieve countless phishing emails too with clones of MEW claiming to release tokens when i put my private keys. It only get me angry and i know many must have fallen prey to these cheap cheats. everyone just need to be on guard
Activity: 415
Merit: 100
November 09, 2018, 07:12:04 AM
I received a mail from DECoin asking me to verify that i am not a robot via their website and typing a message that will show that the wallet is mine. Unfortunately for them, I only applied for the bounty(explained how they got my email address) but i didn't do any work. So, I knew immediately that it is scam. I played along and clicked on the link in the mail, a website loaded and on this website(http://MyEtherWallet-checks.space/signmsg), i am supposed to unlock my wallet to be able to verify that i'm not robot, who does that Huh I checked very well and saw that the site is like a clone of MEW.

I'm raising this issue because many like me would have gotten the message and some might not think twice before inputing their private keys. Although, i don't know if this is the norm. My question now is, can this be trusted or is it just another form of scam considering that the site is not secured?

Lastly, we really need to be careful of how we protect our wallets, so as not to get duped.

Note: I tried to reach DECoin concerning this and i haven't gotten any reply since yesterday

That link isn't myetherwallet's official site, it's a phishing scam. You should post something in the scam accusations section of the thread and hopefully that might spare some people from the scam. Though I think by now most people should be pretty clued up on these things.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
November 09, 2018, 07:09:20 AM
I don't really understand but I have an idea for you. One way to try it is to use a new ether address with the condition that your wallet is still empty, and later if he wants to retrieve the contents of your wallet then you are safe.
Activity: 283
Merit: 0
November 09, 2018, 06:52:59 AM

Pages:
Jump to: