Pages:
Author

Topic: Is this normal? s5 board temperatures difference - page 2. (Read 2092 times)

Activity: 484
Merit: 251
Well I will leave this here in case this ever helps someone. Not creating a new topic nor doing it in a popular board because I don't want to make it seem I am bashing or being unfair to bitmain, but:

1) Bitmain refused to lower my invoice just because. Wouldn't cost them anything and nothing I would do made them change their minds. I pay a 108% import tax + fee.
2) Bitmain sent item with a HIGHER invoice than it actually cost, after I begged for a LOWER one.
3) Was going to buy used gear from bitmain USA but they suddenly started to ignore me, even though they were the ones who offered it
4) Machine had some dust
5) Outrageous 14c warmer board #1. Board #2 was normal
6) Sent them email regarding this problem to what they replied is "something normal and nothing wrong"

Due to these reasons, specially invoice one, I will not buy from them again and don't recommend.
This is what happens on a monopoly. We need some competition here.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
First off find out what your ambient temperature is in the room you are mining in.

2nd run the miners and keep checking the temps while running and mining.

Temp 1 seems a little high temp 2 seems normal.

Maybe to change the direction of the unit try sitting it in different positions in where you are mining as sometimes better air flow will provide better temps. If your top temp is high and is one sided then sit it differently if the temps change and temp 2 goes hotter than temp 1 then this is a matter of controlling air flow correctly and need to sit it better. If theirs no change you could install as a option 2nd fan to the unit for push pull config and if that don't work then look to changing thermal paste on it.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Normally a small difference will be ok but you got a big difference and your inside temp is really good.

You probably have bad thermal paste on 1 board.

RMA or do it your self with the MX-4 Thermal paste.  Wink
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
http://prntscr.com/762v8e

My first miner arrived yesterday. Bought from bitmain.
1300 supernova gold psu brand new
Air conditioner + 2 ceiling fans + 1 fan pointing straight to miner. Nothing else being run in the room.
Google temperature says 19c outside. I estimate no more than 14c inside
50mb internet
Already tried everything. Been like this since first start
Fan speed 3700 instead of 3000
All this after running for only 15 minutes. It gets worst as time goes on.

There are three things I want and should inform you all about this company/purchase but I don't want any trouble with bitmain so I will keep these out for now
Pages:
Jump to: