Pages:
Author

Topic: Is this recoverable ? - page 2. (Read 542 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
January 16, 2021, 04:50:05 AM
@HCPI just check your post and I enter my phrase here now its showing my account identifier but still password is not right now so can you give any information about this how can I recover my funds as first time I have this phrase working ?
If you can't find your old wallet.aes.json file as suggested by nc50lc... then I would recommend that you contact blockchain.com support and ask for their help/advice. They may be able to provide your wallet.aes.json file given that you have the 18 word recovery phrase.

Tell them what you information you have (but do not email them your 18 words!), and what you have already tried to recover your wallet and see what they say.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
January 15, 2021, 11:13:19 PM
Seems like it's the same issue as this guy's: Cannot decrypt wallet

It usually happens when you've changed the password but you didn't backup the new or updated recovery phrase.
That's because the old-version recovery phrase is only a backup of your walletID and password, so when you changed the password, the outdated backup phrase won't be any of use anymore since it's a backup of your outdated login credentials.

The way to fix this is to remember your new password(s) or find a copy of your "wallet.aes.json" to try to bruteforce your wallet.
Activity: 854
Merit: 45
January 15, 2021, 05:29:26 PM
I have one blockchain.com account its created in 2013 but due to some problems lost password now I have Identifier and 18 words phrase
That's possibly one of the old "password recovery phrase" type phrases that blockchain.info used to use.

You can try the old recovery system here: https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password?guid=
@HCPI just check your post and I enter my phrase here now its showing my account identifier but still password is not right now so can you give any information about this how can I recover my funds as first time I have this phrase working ?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
January 15, 2021, 04:24:36 PM
I have one blockchain.com account its created in 2013 but due to some problems lost password now I have Identifier and 18 words phrase
That's possibly one of the old "password recovery phrase" type phrases that blockchain.info used to use.

You can try the old recovery system here: https://login.blockchain.com/wallet/forgot-password?guid=
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
January 15, 2021, 08:58:04 AM
I have one blockchain.com account its created in 2013 but due to some problems lost password now I have Identifier and 18 words phrase want to ask here is there any chance I can recover my funds from this wallet or now its all gone.

Did you read this?
https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001298143-Your-Recovery-Phrase-The-Failsafe

They expect 12 words: https://login.blockchain.com/#/recover
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
Chainjoes.com
January 15, 2021, 07:28:14 AM
I have one blockchain.com account its created in 2013 but due to some problems lost password now I have Identifier and 18 words phrase want to ask here is there any chance I can recover my funds from this wallet or now its all gone.
It is an eye opening to new investors in bitcoin to choose wallet wisely. A lot of people are making such complain about blockchain.com and I think we should be aware of having total access to our wallet with our private keys. I am not a victim anyway to the wallet because of the interface and sloggy website in the past, if you still have your money there move it as soon as possible
January 15, 2021, 07:21:45 AM
Best way is to contact blockchain.com support, they will be able to help you out easily and if you just wanted to know if it's recoverable, Yes, people have recovered legacy wallets with the help of blockchain support in past.
Ok thanks for this information now trying to contact them for this thanks again.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 15, 2021, 07:19:24 AM
Best way is to contact blockchain.com support, they will be able to help you out easily and if you just wanted to know if it's recoverable, Yes, people have recovered legacy wallets with the help of blockchain support in past.
January 15, 2021, 07:13:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: