Pages:
Author

Topic: is this the best time to teach about bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 503 times)

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Nowadays,more people are staying at home using their computers and smartphones.A part of them wants to learn something new.
Online education is growing and the amount of people using online education platforms is going up.
Now it's the time for you to create an online course about Bitcoin/blockchain and give it away for free.
There are plenty of education/tutoring platforms like Udemy,Skillshare,Coursera,Lynda.com,etc.
However,I don't think that most of the Bitcoin newbies would want to invest into buying Bitcoins right away.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
Bitcoin wasn't created to be a source of income, and its ecosystem isn't a good source of income either. There's simply not much opportunities and a lot of scams around. So it's not a good idea to introduce it as a solution to financial problems, especially with how volatile the market is. What you should do instead is teach about core values of Bitcoin - personal freedom, decentralization, controlling your own money.

You are right that a lot of people are staying at homes right now and might be bored, so learning about Bitcoin could be interesting to them, just don't tell them that it can somehow replace their (lost) jobs.
It's not a solution to unemployment, and dang I remember a lot of threads of that questions popping in BC Discussion board long time ago. Bitcoin isn't designed to solve that problem. It is entirely problem of the country itself, and not the currency.
It is still good idea to teach about the technical sides about Bitcoin though. We got Lightning Network, Blockchain and all that good stuffs that miners know, but it is quite difficult to do it right now due to the pandemic.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
Bitcoin wasn't created to be a source of income, and its ecosystem isn't a good source of income either. There's simply not much opportunities and a lot of scams around. So it's not a good idea to introduce it as a solution to financial problems, especially with how volatile the market is. What you should do instead is teach about core values of Bitcoin - personal freedom, decentralization, controlling your own money.

You are right that a lot of people are staying at homes right now and might be bored, so learning about Bitcoin could be interesting to them, just don't tell them that it can somehow replace their (lost) jobs.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
It is the perfect time to teach people about bitcoin/crypto. As long as they can accept something that they don't know and they can open mind about the new thing, I am sure that they will accept crypto. But I guess that now, they can use the other digital money that available in each country so perhaps, they will use that way first before they use crypto. Let them decide for what they want to use to buy whatever they want, but we can still explain to them about bitcoin so they will have the other option to buy.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
Absolutely true, Because most of the people who are staying at home, they are thinking some way on how to earn some cash during that time, what you need to tell them is, step by step about how bitcoin works and how will it help us to earn at home by trading or any other means of job with BTC payment. After that, don't forget to teach them about its volatility and let them decide on their self whether they want to start investing now or later.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
i think this is the best time to teach people about bitcoin and get some potential new investor or holder in the futurebut the big question is HOW?
all the information is already out there in form of articles, websites or even books. if anybody wanted to learn about bitcoin they could easily do it. there is no need for new contents.

many people are looking for a way to earn online but afraid to touch bitcoin
that is a different question. bitcoin isn't some magical money-making thing. it is a currency like any other that people can earn by doing jobs like they do naturally. when you start thinking that way you can see that methods such as faucets and ICO scams no longer make any sense.
Activity: 301
Merit: 3
DAEFROM.com
we are now in the time of crisis due to coronavirus pandemic
almost everyone is just staying at home because of community quarantine and many companies already announce their stop-work order
i think this is the best time to teach people about bitcoin and get some potential new investor or holder in the future
but the big question is HOW?

because of the rapid change in price and it's not newbie friendly anymore
but it will not be the same if there is some way to try it first without spending at the start
im also one of those who have doubt about bitcoin at the start
but because there is some way to earn it i have some time to learn it little by little until i realized the potential of bitcoin

that's why im looking idea how i can make people get into bitcoin without spending a single cent at the start
because i think one of the reasons why bitcoin is not gaining interest unlike before because it's not newbie friendly anymore
if we will compare in the past there is not a lot of faucets available now
even the signature campaign is not newbie friendly
they can join is some bounty in altcoin section with a high risk to get scam

if you have some opinion just let me know
Keep Safe Everyone Thanks  Grin

You are definitely right when you mentioned that due to the pandemic, people are trying to find ways to earn money because they can't from their individual works outside their home due to the quarantine and lockdown. Seeing from this side, this is definitely the best time to teach people the perks of having Bitcoin in their hands. When we explain its advantages and disadvantages, people will get to decide whether to start or not.

However, because of the pandemic also, with the decline of the economy's health, is the decline of the Bitcoin chart also. If we are to explain to them right now, they might have doubts. Also, the way you start registering to Bitcoin is actually different from before because you really need to take risks. I also pity those who belong in lower class who also wants to earn money for their family. The best way here is to edhcate themselves and strive more if they really want to have money.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
Indeed, this is the perfect time to teach people how Bitcoin works, its history, and the future.
I might suggest and encourage crypto enthusiast who engaged into vlogging and some other form of social media blogging, to create contents that tackles about cryptocurrency and it's essential function specially during the time like this.
There's no other way to educate bored people to get into Cryptocurrency than to make videos online or write new blogs that relates cryptocurrency and the pandemic today. Since, social distancing is strictly encourage by the government and social gatherings are prohibited.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
The best time to teach about Bitcoin is now, and always. The fundamental features of Bitcoin is always apt in relation to the financial status quo. There haven't been radical changes in the current system and so the time is always ripe to inject Bitcoin to the consciousness of men.

Perhaps this time of crisis in particular is a little bit more timely because you can easily notice how countries, rich and powerful ones especially, are injecting billions or even a trillion or more in their economies with the hope that it won't slide down the gutter. The US is said to be putting in 1 to 1.5 trillion USD, UK around 400 billion, Germany around 500 billion, and so on. This is going to pull down the value of fiat.

This could be used as a sort of a timely background to teach Bitcoin and how it is somehow designed to counter this inflationary economic initiatives.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
I would say if Bitcoin is properly taught like an article of youtube video explaining its merits, benefits and ways to earn, people will start to get onboard and will start wanting it. With the growing number of freelancers, i think they could easily understand how to use or buy and earn in BTC.
Especially with the virus people are in fear to go outside and interact with others, thus making cash useless.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
-snip-
In this crisis time (mostly because of coronavirus), this condition really gives big effects on life, especially the activities. You are right that now, work from home, a study from home, and self-quarantine is being encouraged. We should decrease activities that are done outside the house in order to press and decrease the coronavirus spreading. However, is this the right time to teach about Bitcoin and crypto in relation to this condition? The answer may be "yes or no" because of some reasons. It will depend on the condition of each country and especially each person.

The reasons may be:
1. We can encourage the use of digital money so as not to frequently come into contact with fiat which is one of the media to spread coronavirus. But the problem is, can all countries use Bitcoin as a transaction tool? Moreover, only a few countries have legalized BTC as a means of payment. And of course, it takes a long time to create new rules related to payment systems with cryptocurrency.

2. We can encourage them to enter into the world of crypto (especially the introduction of Bitcoin) so that more people know and are interested in investing in crypto (especially Bitcoin). However, in fact, many people who currently need fiat to transact in their country. Why? Because they need money to buy all basic necessities during self-quarantine.

3. We can teach new people about the advantages of using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But this is not easy, especially the way to teach them. Moreover, at present, the focus is on the Coronavirus. Besides that, teaching them about Bitcoin might indeed be interesting, however, is this not too risky? If they are interested and it turns out it is not in accordance with their expectations, it will only make them uncomfortable and disappointed. It's good if we really think about what kind of methods should be done when you want to introduce or teach them.

that's why im looking idea how i can make people get into bitcoin without spending a single cent at the start
For now, the easiest way for a newbie to get free crypto is by joining airdrop, but is it really worth it? Only a few percentage airdrops that will pay us worth. This is actually a dilemma because after all, it is difficult for newbies to easily get money from the crypto world for now.
Likewise with bounties, when they are newbies, they are more likely to become one of the victims of scams and illegitimate bounties.
If indeed they want to jump into the crypto world, it's good if:

1. The focus should be to learn about the characteristics of the crypto world, this is so that they do not misinterpret, hope, and also take steps. Sometimes a new person hopes too much that they can get a lot of money from crypto, and when the reality is the opposite, they are just wasting time and money, then they will be very disappointed.

2. If they want to get coins (coins), then it helps them be taught or directed to build an account first. This is so that they can rank up and participate in BTC paid bounties.
Activity: 962
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
we are now in the time of crisis due to coronavirus pandemic
almost everyone is just staying at home because of community quarantine and many companies already announce their stop-work order
i think this is the best time to teach people about bitcoin and get some potential new investor or holder in the future
but the big question is HOW?

because of the rapid change in price and it's not newbie friendly anymore
but it will not be the same if there is some way to try it first without spending at the start
im also one of those who have doubt about bitcoin at the start
but because there is some way to earn it i have some time to learn it little by little until i realized the potential of bitcoin

because i think one of the reasons why bitcoin is not gaining interest unlike before because it's not newbie friendly anymore
if we will compare in the past there is not a lot of faucets available now
even the signature campaign is not newbie friendly
they can join is some bounty in altcoin section with a high risk to get scam

if you have some opinion just let me know
Keep Safe Everyone Thanks  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: