Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Tradehill's Jered Kenna like a Lannister? - page 2. (Read 3157 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
51BTC...

You should ask Jered what happened to 45kBTC which vanished from Mtgox
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
he was all over the Conference Center this weekend and supposedly he is in the category of Bitcoin Millionaire if one believes the media.

he should pay you back if he does owe you.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
Everyone knows what they say about House Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones:

A Lannister always pays his debts.

Can the same be said about Tradehill? I hope so but afaik the jury is still out.

After piecing together my old transactions to the best of my ability (including a downloaded csv file of Tradehill trade history as of 7/30/2011), I calculate that Tradehill owes me about 51 BTC and about $271. Now, I might be wrong with my calculations because I honestly don't recall whether I had any transactions after that. I would think that it would be easy enough for Tradehill to give access to old account records, but they have not as far as I am aware.

I can find no email notifying me of the closure of Tradehill in early 2012.

I didn't even learn about Tradehill's closure until much later (bitcoin fell off my radar for most of 2012) and when I did, I figured I would just chalk it up to experience. But when I heard that Tradehill was re-opening, I figured it was time to get in touch.

On April 10, 2013 I emailed [email protected] (directed to Jered) and have received no reply.
On April 17, 2013 I emailed [email protected] and have received no reply.
On April 23, 2013 I emailed [email protected] and have received no reply.
On May 5, 2013 I emailed [email protected] and received a reply from Derek Johnson that I should direct my inquiries to [email protected]. (He was also kind enough to tell me that if I wanted to open a Tradehill Prime account I should click "Request an account" on Tradehill.com. I didn't ask him whether I could open it using the BTC that Tradehill already has in my old account ...)
On May 7, 2013 I emailed [email protected] and have received no reply.
Today (May 22, 2013) I emailed Claim@Tradehill and (so far) have received no reply.

Ultimately, I want the new Tradehill to succeed. I hope that I can close this thread saying that they have sent me a record of ALL of my old Tradehill account activity and that they have refunded what is owed to me. Is that too much to ask?

My plan is to publicize the status of my claim with Tradehill using my forum profile signature, and I suggest that others do the same. If you were made whole I suggest stating something to that effect in your signature (Like: "The fine folks at Tradehill always pay their debts"). If not, I suggest stating the status of your claim, perhaps even the amount that they owe you (if you even have the records!)

If Jered is going to make use of the Tradehill brand, then the bitcoin community deserves to know whether Jered can claim the status of Lannister ... or not.

For the record: I hope that he can, and does!

Pages:
Jump to: