Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Trading Volume an important metric ? - page 5. (Read 538 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 13
June 14, 2022, 09:37:10 AM
How do you check the "order books" ? I'm only using CoinGecko here
Trying to decide whether Celsius is a good buy or not
Activity: 378
Merit: 167
betfury
June 14, 2022, 09:35:57 AM
You should be compared to the order books.

Some exchanges are doing wash trading, by make a bot transaction to increase the volume of trading coin/token in their exchange. If you see a token with high volume but a soft order book: 90% of them is a wash trading. Why volume & order book is important, because with high volume and a strong orderbook you are easily to sell off your larger asset.

Doesn't matter, If there has some larger sell as long the order book is strong is good. Anyone dump by single person is also good, because you can spread the token to more people.
I agree with you.
Before I knew crypto too far. Both technical trading news and the like I thought that the market was no different. But after I owned several exchanges I realized that some orders were quiet and tended to be slow. this made me ask myself.
How many times have I sold tokens and it was long enough for people to ask for them even though the base price and ups were not too far away. creeping transactions don't fluctuate naturally.

if it doesn't happen what you mentioned earlier, it's not possible because it's illogical and solid as if it were walking in place.
I only sold a few bucks and needed a few days for the price to match.
how important is volume and the art of playing in calculating the development of projects and the rapid growth of the market.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
June 14, 2022, 09:25:24 AM
You should be compared to the order books.

Some exchanges are doing wash trading, by make a bot transaction to increase the volume of trading coin/token in their exchange. If you see a token with high volume but a soft order book: 90% of them is a wash trading. Why volume & order book is important, because with high volume and a strong orderbook you are easily to sell off your larger asset.

Doesn't matter, If there has some larger sell as long the order book is strong is good. Anyone dump by single person is also good, because you can spread the token to more people.
Activity: 245
Merit: 13
June 14, 2022, 09:02:37 AM
How important is trading volume when trying to decide whether to invest in a new project ? The higher the better ? But if people are "selling off" like crazy wouldn't that also mean a high trading volume ?
Pages:
Jump to: