Pages:
Author

Topic: Is UNISWAP the future of DEX? - page 2. (Read 393 times)

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
August 25, 2020, 03:19:07 AM
The volume on Uniswap is massive even with the single chain, this shows how DEX is still acceptable and attractive. IDEX would have been a competitor if not the removal of anonymity, I just hope the exchange could theirs as well. I also think the exchange should be aware of security, the single hack on Etherdelta is responsible for decline state of the exchange till today. DEFI is enjoying the high volume trade as project mostly built on ethereum blockchain
Yeah and you know the best thing in Uniswap is you cannot fake volume in here like most exchanges are doing using a lot of bots to make volume huge but the fact is its totally fake this dex can actually surpass Binance volume look at ampl token Kucoin has nothing compared to Uniswap.  
Uniswap is a new evolution from the old dex that has already gone (ED and FD) but this swap service has already bought something new us.
This swap service totally pegged with the blockchain and it can't be manipulated but the only problem is this swap service is not doing any verification for the token listing.

Activity: 910
Merit: 351
August 22, 2020, 04:29:53 AM
Their volume will take a bit hit if Ethereum congestion keep going on. Just approval requires you to spend $2 when the swap itself cost $4. Sometimes it cost you $15 just to trade there. Hopefully ETH 2.0 will reduce the fees by a huge margin so you don't have to spend nearly $20 for a simple swap.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
August 21, 2020, 07:45:59 AM
The volume on Uniswap is massive even with the single chain, this shows how DEX is still acceptable and attractive. IDEX would have been a competitor if not the removal of anonymity, I just hope the exchange could theirs as well. I also think the exchange should be aware of security, the single hack on Etherdelta is responsible for decline state of the exchange till today. DEFI is enjoying the high volume trade as project mostly built on ethereum blockchain
Yeah and you know the best thing in Uniswap is you cannot fake volume in here like most exchanges are doing using a lot of bots to make volume huge but the fact is its totally fake this dex can actually surpass Binance volume look at ampl token Kucoin has nothing compared to Uniswap.  
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
Chainjoes.com
August 17, 2020, 05:35:23 PM
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
August 17, 2020, 05:04:33 PM
It's more appropriate to say that Uniswap is the start of Future DEX. Only there liquidity model is the main reason why they are become famous but there already many DEX with same feature and already implemented additional feature like 1inch exchange which you can buy tokens in the lowest possible price offer in all exchange by just using there exchange. This very convenient because you don't need to create accounts on various exchange just to buy token that not listed on the exchange that you are currently using. This is just like a one-stop-shop for all exchange. it's good to give credits to Uniswap for creating liquidity pool model but 1 inch is better than them in termso f exchange feature alone.
Im pretty aware with that feature and you are definitely right on this one and i cant really see some revolutionary stuff in UNISWAP but rather this had just been hyped up.

This is why its currently making out some buzz but not totally that interesting and its no surprise that there are really such claims that would just pop out that this would be the future of DEX blah blah blah
but to think up that this isnt something that can really make you think to be on that way.

But lets see on how they do perform out in upcoming months or years to come.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
August 17, 2020, 02:37:17 AM
It's more appropriate to say that Uniswap is the start of Future DEX. Only there liquidity model is the main reason why they are become famous but there already many DEX with same feature and already implemented additional feature like 1inch exchange which you can buy tokens in the lowest possible price offer in all exchange by just using there exchange. This very convenient because you don't need to create accounts on various exchange just to buy token that not listed on the exchange that you are currently using. This is just like a one-stop-shop for all exchange. it's good to give credits to Uniswap for creating liquidity pool model but 1 inch is better than them in termso f exchange feature alone.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
August 17, 2020, 02:29:06 AM
most new project are listing on uniswap, o think even newbies are able to use it smoothly which is good.
this is only true if those projects use the ETH network. i guess there are two scenario in the future. either projects use multiple chains tokens where they release ETH tokens for the sake of liquidity, or uniswap start supporting cross-chain swaps from any chain. both options has its pros and cons, but atomic swap is probably not going to happen very soon.
copper member
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
August 16, 2020, 09:47:34 AM
I have used this exchange it's so easy to use (user friendly) and it makes the job done without any lag I guess the concept of this exchange make a differents in other exchanges
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
August 16, 2020, 08:43:53 AM
Uniswap has been way more better if compared to Forkdelta and IDEX.
When compared to IDEX and Forkdelta, of course Uniswap is the best because in terms of smoothness, Uniswap is very easy to access unlike IDEX and Forkdelta which often lag

Those two none user friendly dex made lots of people including never want to use a dex, but am glad their days of being the most use dex are behind us and now we have more user friendly and easy to use dex, uniswap is one of them and I believe it will gain more popularity as crypto progress, most new project are listing on uniswap, o think even newbies are able to use it smoothly which is good.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
August 14, 2020, 02:25:30 AM
Uniswap has been way more better if compared to Forkdelta and IDEX.
When compared to IDEX and Forkdelta, of course Uniswap is the best because in terms of smoothness, Uniswap is very easy to access unlike IDEX and Forkdelta which often lag
Activity: 1260
Merit: 510
August 09, 2020, 06:52:01 PM
Yes Uniswap has become exceptional and popular lately, especially for DeFi project, not only for new project but old project also become an outstanding one. Their liquidity pool mechanism are just bring something brand new that has been the keys of become so popular. Uniswap has been way more better if compared to Forkdelta and IDEX.
Leo
Activity: 620
Merit: 10
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
August 09, 2020, 03:58:43 PM
The rate at which uniswap is growing is mind blowing, they have an insane huge volume, but I think that they have to make it possible for one to place either a buy or sell order in the exchange, this is one feature forkdelta is using to lead them
Activity: 701
Merit: 4
August 04, 2020, 06:48:48 PM
To an extent, I will give it to Uniswap for powering user adoption of decentralized exchange with its innovative use of liquidity pools rather than order books. However, it has become a den of quick money grabbers, fake tokens and many more. Not to mention the high gas consumed to transact on the platform. New DeFi solutions are emerging that will redefine the future of decentralized exchange, and one of such is Injective Protocol.
July 31, 2020, 02:14:59 AM
Yeah the only problem I can see is the transaction fees on eth network are sometimes  too high like 2-3 usd on gas this is quite high compare to cex and I hope the implementation of eth 2.0 will totally ease this problem.

no mate, cex does not really make your gas fee cheaper. centralized exchanges usually send out with the lowest possible fee, and then deduce a fixed $1/$2 equivalent fee per withdrawal. this will obviously slow down your funds movement when the network is full with tx. which is why most people use xlm or xrp to withdraw money, as the fee is really low and is almost guaranteed to be confirmed within seconds.
Activity: 527
Merit: 113
July 30, 2020, 02:43:36 AM
Yeah the only problem I can see is the transaction fees on eth network are sometimes  too high like 2-3 usd on gas this is quite high compare to cex and I hope the implementation of eth 2.0 will totally ease this problem.
I agree with this. Sometime the transaction fee charges even at $5 and that is not acceptable. Too much fund to spare on doing some trades, but aside from this everything is very smooth. I always used idex and forkdelta, but once the uniswap becomes popular, I curious what it is, then tried it out and Im very satisfied on how it works. Now many platform are copying their style and probably uniswap could be a top dex surpassimg top projects.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
July 30, 2020, 02:20:20 AM
You are right about uniswap, it seem to be a very popular dex especially among Defi and some none Defi project, although I haven't had the opportunity to use it myself so I can't give verdict to the user experience but in the Telegram group of some of the project I follow they are already on uniswap e.g PayAccet already on uniswap,
I think this will be a great dex in near future, it is already gaining popularity very fast and many new projects will start to use them.
Activity: 910
Merit: 351
July 30, 2020, 01:39:15 AM
What I like about this platform is the easy access to another wallet and can buy and sell crypto without much hassle. No need to bid for sell and buy. If you are rushing to buy a token then its the platform for you cause the tokens can be bought as fast you execute your order.

AFAIK most ETH dexes other than IDEX or Forkdelta do the same thing, especially those marketed as an instant swap platform. It's not that groundbreaking, and as others mentioned, the liquidity pool is where the game play on. Unlike the usual "hold our token to get profit share", you can just use your existing tokens to provide liquidity pool, which decrease the risk of dex-specific token price decrease.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 30, 2020, 12:46:44 AM
You are right about uniswap, it seem to be a very popular dex especially among Defi and some none Defi project, although I haven't had the opportunity to use it myself so I can't give verdict to the user experience but in the Telegram group of some of the project I follow they are already on uniswap e.g PayAccet already on uniswap,
I think this will be a great dex in near future, it is already gaining popularity very fast and many new projects will start to use them.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
July 28, 2020, 01:49:49 AM
For now this is the fastest and highest volume dex Ive ever since used. I am using this platform now and avoid using dex exchange type. What I like about this platform is the easy access to another wallet and can buy and sell crypto without much hassle. No need to bid for sell and buy. If you are rushing to buy a token then its the platform for you cause the tokens can be bought as fast you execute your order.
July 27, 2020, 11:33:26 PM
yeah their liquidity pool model is good, and will probably get copied here and there. i can see them take over the top dapp in eth for a few years at least. would be better if they support atomic swap too, so it won't be limited to eth tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: