Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USDT Tether safe? - page 15. (Read 23470 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro
October 11, 2019, 07:15:38 AM
Tether is fine, but I dunno why every once in a while a FUD campaign raises against it, and really, there's a probability that someday this thing damages the trust of people and your investment suffers. It already did it once, but thankfully USDT survived it.

If you want to hodl it for short time it's okay. For long time keeping I'm not sure though...
I think this problem occurs every year and every time there is news related to Tether will make this market price increase. In my opinion, the USDT inflation has now been resolved and the purpose of USDT is definitely to make the market better in the near future. I personally prefer to hold USDT as this is the only way for me to know for sure my profit in this market and it is worth as much as Fiat.

In fact a lot of people want to overthrow this stablecoin but USDT is the only coin that can cause Bitcoin to rise in price.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
October 11, 2019, 06:15:16 AM
I think using USDT is safe. Are you not going to keep funds there forever? As a rule, USDT is used to wait out market instability, or to withdraw funds.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
October 10, 2019, 08:49:16 AM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
Tether is one of the coins that have a stable price. Tether was created to replace USD in the cryptocurrency. Tether prices must be kept stable, must not increase or the price down. The Tether must also be well maintained because Tether is at risk in the USD value. I think the team's hard work is the most important thing on Tether coins, so you don't need to doubt the safety of the Tether coins. In terms of price, Tether coins are stablecoins, if they print 10 times what they are now, they are still based on the value of USD.
Activity: 886
Merit: 510
October 02, 2019, 04:10:05 PM
Tether is fine, but I dunno why every once in a while a FUD campaign raises against it, and really, there's a probability that someday this thing damages the trust of people and your investment suffers. It already did it once, but thankfully USDT survived it.

If you want to hodl it for short time it's okay. For long time keeping I'm not sure though...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 527
October 02, 2019, 03:34:54 PM
USDT is the one of the high volume contained cryptocurrency which hold the stable value. I believe most of trader holds the funds on their exchange in the form of BTC and USDT only.
When there is growth for non stable currencies also this one always stay stable in the marketplace.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
October 02, 2019, 03:21:18 PM
Tether is definitely not safe and I don't recommend anyone to use it. Of course that it is convenient to do so, but you should only do it for fast transactions. After all USDT stability is controlled by a shady centralised third party. Can you trust it? That is up to you, but I won't put my money in hands of a company that generated so much buzz about it. And errors like generating 50 million USDT instead of 5 and things like that..

Just to be on the safe site you should at least use a licensed exchange like Gemini.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 251
October 02, 2019, 03:16:52 PM
tether is a stable coin and it is the most widely used coin now, I mean we can see the turnaround in 24 hours over the bitcoin cycle.
so I think it will be safe even if they print more. Traders also use it to secure their assets when the market goes down.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
October 02, 2019, 02:25:34 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

Of course, there are many accusations against Tether. we can't ignore that but Tether is supported by all major cryptocurrency exchanges such as Poloniex, Bittrex, Kraken, Binance, Houbi, Bitfinex, OKEx, KuCoin and many other cryptocurrency exchanges. If Tether is not safe why would these major cryptocurrency exchanges support tether? 
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
October 02, 2019, 01:55:09 PM
For now , USDT is super safer as its volatility is super low and the risks involving it are are at low rates. In time this could change as there are always rumors and news about Tether not being back up by real USD but most of the traders prefer to keep their funds there until they make another investments.
Holding USDT for a long period of time could damage your investments plans because you won't gather gist profits and don't forget that USDT tries to match USD at 1:1 exchange ratio.
Activity: 399
Merit: 100
October 02, 2019, 01:48:54 PM
Coinmarketcap was plummet, so Tether is rising to four position. Tether is now fourth largest market cap in cryptocurrency with 4.135 billions USD. When market is starting to plummet, stable Coin can safe your investment. Tether, TUSD and Binance USD is safe as stable coin.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
October 02, 2019, 01:11:29 PM
Personally, I am rather concerned about FUD around Tether and news telling that USDT is not backed by real US Dollars, so I prefer to use trusted stablecoins like TUSD and PAX.

If you can't trust Tether (USDT), then how is it possible to trust the other stable coins such as Pax and True USD? As far as I know, none of these stable coins have agreed for a third party audit of their USD backup. I am not going to trust a single one among these coins. USDT and PAX are only good for trading. It will be a mistake to hold them as investment.
Activity: 335
Merit: 100
October 02, 2019, 12:22:19 PM
Tether has been around since 2017, and has experienced a lot of FUD and volatility so far, but it still stands and keep the No. 1 position of stable coin in the market. So we can trust it, especial when they use Tron and Ethereum chain to reduce fee.

Well, apparently the FUD presented by Twitter user @Bitfinexed, is mostly hot air. There is a grain of truth in what he said but it is not something to worry about. In fact, I believe it was not Tether's fault that the dollar backing went to 85%. I think it was the state of New York.
Yes, almost of FUD came from Twitter and I saw very little official news from Tether. It's all about whether Tether's USD backed money is transparent. But one thing is undeniable that USDT is one of the most important factors that helped BTC price and crypto market grow strongly in 2017.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
October 02, 2019, 10:03:34 AM
Who guarantee it's safe? Everything can happen in crypto also. good luck with your choice!
Cryptocurrency always unpredictable platform but if you are not a risk taker so that place is not for you. Tether (USDT) is the highest trading volume according to coinmarketcap. Make sense how much people using it. I think it’s very safe because a big number of people using it. USDT printed version released a lot of times. So, don’t panic regarding this issue. You can imagine this one now top 4 coin in CMC and marketcap over 4 billion USD.              
Its safe in term volatility. Tether is only use  to easily convert your bitcoin to $ before widrawing it to fiat. You will not be affraid about price since the price is stable in 1$ each USDT.

Not new to see tether to be in the top and one of the token with highest volume trading since there are many people using it in trading.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
October 02, 2019, 09:47:12 AM
Of course it's safe. USDT is a stablecoin and its price will never fluctuate too much. It is safe altcoin for us every time the market collapses
USDT in my opinion can be used to simply save money used for investment in other crypto. I used to make USDT as a safe fund before I invested in other crypto plus usdt is one stable currency so i think it's better usdt because i use it often
Activity: 243
Merit: 1
October 02, 2019, 09:18:55 AM
It is very unclear if they have one dollar in a bank account for each Tether that they issue. Tether never got around to releasing audited financial statements proving that it had the dollars. We cannot be sure if this 1:1 ratio is real.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
October 02, 2019, 09:04:42 AM
USDT is the most used stable currency, you can perceive it as security if you wish. I stay away most of the time, and I suggest you be like that if possible. It is useful but no one can give you full guarantee.
if you want to hold USDT long term be careful.
I do not think anyone wants to hold USDT for a long time. What good would that do? instead he pays a few more USD but keeps his money more secure.
Activity: 680
Merit: 255
October 02, 2019, 08:07:18 AM
Of course it's safe. USDT is a stablecoin and its price will never fluctuate too much. It is safe altcoin for us every time the market collapses
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
September 30, 2019, 10:14:57 PM
USDT has been stable for more than 4 years, it has been showing stability all the time, personally I use taking profits on exchanges in connection with an unstable situation. USDT helps me a lot in this.
Without the majority's preference, USDT would not have been ranked in the top ten. It is obvious that it creates convenience for traders but we always have the question of whether or not it will continue as it is. Once you already trade with a lot money, you do not have much choice. Choosing one of the stabe coins will charge less fee.
Well, the company printed USDT like crazy and also USDT is listed on so many popular exchanges. Knowing that, USDT ranked among top ten is to be expected.
If we are talking about the safety I'm pretty sure that there's no cryptos that have absolute safety to offer even it's USDT there's still a chance that the company could go bankrupt or doing exit scam any time. I'd only recommend to people, if they are willing to exchange their money to USDT just take a few steps and convert the USDT to real money and transfer to your bank account. That's the safest way to go.
right, indeed exchanging it on fiat currency is the safest way, usdt is a stable coin, but we need to be cautious about it, especially if it is entered into a bank account. there is no guarantee of security in cryptocurrency, especially since not many countries have adopted it, this makes there is no legal guarantee on crypto

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
September 30, 2019, 09:55:08 PM
USDT is extremely unsafe and if you hold it you are putting yourself at big risk my suggestion to you is to avoid it.
if you need a safe haven from crypto try your bank account not USDT
That is the point of view that you use that the USDT or even the whole crypto is not safe, because it has the potential for hacker attacks.
but if we look at the fluctuating crypto price, the USDT is the best choice and is very safe to use so that our asset prices do not fall.
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
September 30, 2019, 09:29:27 PM
USDT is extremely unsafe and if you hold it you are putting yourself at big risk my suggestion to you is to avoid it.
if you need a safe haven from crypto try your bank account not USDT
Pages:
Jump to: