Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USDT Tether safe? - page 4. (Read 23470 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 10
August 18, 2021, 01:36:26 PM
Tether is quite safe both for now and for the future, That's my opinion and I'm sure many will agree. 
Many Cryptocurrency traders prefer to hold Tether over other Crypto coins because of the stable value of Tether and never having a big dump. 
When they trade, they buy some coins and sell them as soon as they make a profit. And Tether is the option to store their assets.
Activity: 164
Merit: 11
August 18, 2021, 11:58:26 AM
I have no knowledge about Tether but I think it is safe for nowadays not for the future because our smart trader Waqar Zaka said that it is no safe for the future. now it is your decision you want to keep or sell

Activity: 826
Merit: 100
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
August 18, 2021, 11:46:31 AM
I can't say USDT is safe, because every cryptocurrency must have risks including USDT, but for now I think you don't need to worry or hesitate to use USDT, because the volume and market cap of USDT is still high, so it proves that there are still many people who still use USDT, so I think for now USDT is still safe and feasible for you to use.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 18, 2021, 11:33:02 AM
USDT is a stable coin. It is very safe to hold. Infact, if you trade then you can convert your coins or tokens to USDT to avoid losses in a bearish market period. With this you'd have saved yourself from losses.
Activity: 279
Xircus
August 18, 2021, 08:36:01 AM
I think so, the USDT is safe. Recently, they audited their Bank accounts and confirmed the availability of funds in these accounts.
Yeah I agree.. Usdt was safe and we CAn easily trust on it because I'm also a USDT holder.. So far my earning really expand because there's a betting type of humbling that only USDT will be available on it.
Activity: 588
Futiracoin.com
August 18, 2021, 07:21:37 AM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

The condition of USDT greatly affects Bitcoin at this time, both of them are interconnected in taking care of each other, if you look at the condition of the development of the teaters who continue to pump USDT, it can be seen clearly, that they depend on each other to take care of each other.

This life continues until the initial concept is run well between Bitcoin and USDT, now this condition greatly affects the value of other coins, in terms of maintaining the buy and sell value, but this dependence needs to be maintained and refined in the future.
Activity: 542
Merit: 119
Hello World 👽
August 18, 2021, 04:47:13 AM
The best coin in the cryptocurrency market is usdt.
The reason is that if the price of all the coins in the market goes up then the price of usdt coin will not go up and if the price of all the coins in the market goes down then the price of usdt coin will not go down.
So I think it's a stable coin
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
August 17, 2021, 11:41:02 PM
Yes, I also think that USDT is safe because the risk here is much less especially more convenient for newcomers. If the risk for investing in the market is high or the prices of the currencies are relatively low, then keeping the USDT can reduce the risk so you don't have to fall into too much loss if the USDT is kept there will be no fear of a decline even if it is not profitable later because it will remain stable in place.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
August 17, 2021, 07:04:36 PM
Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?

USDT is based on Fiat USD currency and I think it's safe, USDT multichain makes it easy for all users to make transfer this stablecoin to other networks that are supported by Ethereum, Bsc, Tron and other blockchain.

- https://bscscan.com/token/0x55d398326f99059ff775485246999027b3197955

If you invest in Bitcoin and convert it into a stablecoin, I think it's safe, because so far there have been no problems affecting users because they have this stablecoin, because usdt is the same as fiat, the price doesn't fluctuate
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
ITSMYNE
August 17, 2021, 05:22:00 PM
Currently, as of August 2021, Usdt is save. they have cleared their issues with the Fed and also prove that that they are a stable token with pegged to the Dollar. it is a relief to many supporters. The Usdt is even stronger than more stablecoins. been the oldest and the first stablecoin in the crypto market, i think it is stable and safe to use. you can exchange your tokens with usdt.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
August 09, 2021, 10:05:54 AM
Usdt is still three no. lagest Cryptocurrency with billions dollar market share. I'm trading with it so long time and haven’t fall in any trouble or hear about such thing. Its true that printing millions of teher could manipulate the market and could be awfully effect on crypto industry but Your fund is safe with it. So i can say to you, Just feel free to trading with usdt as millions of people are doing currently

But if there will be trouble one day, the trouble will be real I promise that. When there is something similar to a bank run going to happen on those types of stable currencies, I don't even know how they would handle it logistically. They probably can't liquidate fast enough, people lose trust and start dumping their Tether perhaps at a discount. Which leads me to the point that even the companies themselves who provide stable coins would have an incentive to infiltrate the community with rumors about their own stable currency being in a bad situation, starting to buy up their own stable coin at a discount or a so called profit margin.
Activity: 799
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
August 05, 2021, 06:12:19 PM
Usdt is still three no. lagest Cryptocurrency with billions dollar market share. I'm trading with it so long time and haven’t fall in any trouble or hear about such thing. Its true that printing millions of teher could manipulate the market and could be awfully effect on crypto industry but Your fund is safe with it. So i can say to you, Just feel free to trading with usdt as millions of people are doing currently
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
July 31, 2021, 01:46:13 PM
Tether (USDT) stable coin is as safe as it get. There are many controversies surrounding the issuance of Tether coin, it's ability to pay all  it's supply in USD one for one and the irregularities of the bank deposit of Tether. We also heard of different lawsuit and the investigations by the authorities in the US about tether operations! Considering all the issues surrounding tether, it is however a good option for cryptocurrency users who need stability to create value and for those who wants to spend in fiat and hold usd for trading purposes! Tether has come to stay in cryptocurrency sphere and going forward, I believe tether will find solutions to it's problem one after the other!
Activity: 350
Merit: 104
July 31, 2021, 09:11:07 AM
I dont think that we should be worried for USDT, that is safe and for sure most of the investors are using USDT when they are just waiting to buy a certain cryptocurrency. USDT is the best when you want a stable coin or you are waiting for crypto to invest. USDT has also a lower transaction fee compared to other stable coon.

USDT Tether is safe and we should not believe in the fuds related to USDT. If anything wrong happen to USDT Tether, the entire crypto market will collapse and i am sure this will never happen.
I am hopeful that USDT Tether will clear their case very soon.
there is nothing to worry about with tether, but indeed we cannot develop assets with tether, as it is a stable coin. but with this coin it is very useful for the transit of funds from our trade, so that our funds are not affected by fluctuations

There is nothing to worry about? For how long have you been in crypto? Do you know that a 1:1 backed stable coin can blow up within an instant? Literally, within an instant! It just needs very bad political decisions that get announced right now and stable coins, especially those that are fully centralized are in a hell of trouble. Along with stable coins being in trouble I can assure you stable coin holders will freak out completely. You know what that could lead to.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
July 30, 2021, 06:38:29 PM
I dont think that we should be worried for USDT, that is safe and for sure most of the investors are using USDT when they are just waiting to buy a certain cryptocurrency. USDT is the best when you want a stable coin or you are waiting for crypto to invest. USDT has also a lower transaction fee compared to other stable coon.

USDT Tether is safe and we should not believe in the fuds related to USDT. If anything wrong happen to USDT Tether, the entire crypto market will collapse and i am sure this will never happen.
I am hopeful that USDT Tether will clear their case very soon.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 443
July 30, 2021, 06:25:46 PM
I dont think that we should be worried for USDT, that is safe and for sure most of the investors are using USDT
Safe or not, depends on what aspect do you consider. If you consider its audit transparency, I can say it is quite risky and not really safe. But if we consider how many people use USDT, it is surely safe enough with its high market caps and strong support from crypto community.

USDT is the best when you want a stable coin
I am not sure to call it the best. I never compare it to other stable coins, but considering the issue related to USDT, I think it is not as the best as you think. Other stable coins probably have better performance and with no negative issues.

USDT has also a lower transaction fee compared to other stable coon.
What network?
For TRC20, yes it is cheap transaction fees. But for another network, the transaction fees are quite expensive.

Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 30, 2021, 02:12:29 AM
as proof I have had USDT since 2019 and until now there are still around $175 and safe there is no loss that I get so far. I think USDT is the safest coin for storage than other types of coins
But for a long time it is worth keeping other steblcoins, it will be safer in all aspects. I believe that usdt will be fine for a long time, but risks are always and everywhere.

The stability in the price of  USDT makes it a safe haven for many cryptos hodlers especially during massive dumping of the prices of cryptocurrencies although it is a centralized token, I always have a sign of relief after exchanging all my Bitcoin to USDT in a bearish season until I observe a turnaround in the market sentiment of the prices of cryptos before buying some coins.
 The fact that you hodl your USDT for two years attested to the fact that it is safe, secure and stable being the most popular stable coin it liquidity among the other stable coins is second to none and it also has a huge trading volume while being equated to U.S dollar is an added advantage.
Activity: 350
Merit: 104
July 29, 2021, 07:40:47 PM
The controversy over USDT in 2018 and 2019 may have caught the attention of many cryptocurrency users. This certainly makes most people worried and afraid that USDT is not safe. If you plan to keep USDT/EURT for the long term, choose a safer option by storing Tether locally in an official digital wallet (e-wallet).
There are currently no Tether hardware wallets available, but starting in late 2017, AsicVault hardware wallets became available which have support for the USDT cryptocurrency. The official Tether wallet can be used via the browser at wallet.tether.to/app/, but there is also a Tether app for iOS and Android available in the app store.

I think the problem isn't so much that people don't know how and where to store your Tether, but rather whether Tether the currency will hold its promises and always pay back one dollar for each Tether. That is the major risk. If Tether collapses, billions of dollars will collapse along with it within a blink of an eye. I guess that is what people are concerned about. So far it has been holding its peg strong.

Yes that is why I shared the article above. It is indeed impossible to know whether these stable coin providers hold the reserves they claim to hold. What if something like a bank run happens and everyone out of a sudden wants to exchange their Tether for USD? Will they be able to meet the demand? Or maybe did they use the dollars to speculate on the market themselves? If Tether collapses, crypto will go into a new crypto winter.

There has now been even more news that leading officials of Bitfinrx and Tether are investigated for lying to banks in their early days about the purpose of those bank accounts that were opened with for example Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo demanded that no cryptocurrency related  activities should take place with the accounts opened with them. Bitfinex lied and did it regardless. Now the Department of Justice is probing things and they are going for some high profiles of the company.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 443
July 29, 2021, 06:06:51 PM
A product like Tether and the company behind it should be obliged to frequently provide a full audit report about the reserves that are supposed to back USDT 1 to 1.
It should be, but who can force them to give the audit report fully and regularly?
Not sure if it is possible. Maybe an institution like SEC can ask for the audit reports, but this can make a new problem. If it happens, crypto company seems not decentralized anymore. It will be a disaster if crypto companies can be intervened by an institutinon.

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
July 29, 2021, 06:35:58 AM
The controversy over USDT in 2018 and 2019 may have caught the attention of many cryptocurrency users. This certainly makes most people worried and afraid that USDT is not safe. If you plan to keep USDT/EURT for the long term, choose a safer option by storing Tether locally in an official digital wallet (e-wallet).
There are currently no Tether hardware wallets available, but starting in late 2017, AsicVault hardware wallets became available which have support for the USDT cryptocurrency. The official Tether wallet can be used via the browser at wallet.tether.to/app/, but there is also a Tether app for iOS and Android available in the app store.

I think the problem isn't so much that people don't know how and where to store your Tether, but rather whether Tether the currency will hold its promises and always pay back one dollar for each Tether. That is the major risk. If Tether collapses, billions of dollars will collapse along with it within a blink of an eye. I guess that is what people are concerned about. So far it has been holding its peg strong.

Yes that is why I shared the article above. It is indeed impossible to know whether these stable coin providers hold the reserves they claim to hold. What if something like a bank run happens and everyone out of a sudden wants to exchange their Tether for USD? Will they be able to meet the demand? Or maybe did they use the dollars to speculate on the market themselves? If Tether collapses, crypto will go into a new crypto winter.
Pages:
Jump to: