Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet from exchanger safe? - page 4. (Read 1847 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
October 21, 2016, 07:05:11 PM
No one can guarantee that exchange won't be hacked (and he know such stories from past). I don't recommend to use exchange as primary wallet. On exchanges keep amount of coins which you need for trading. As primary wallet it's better to use wallet where you have access of private keys, for example blockchain.info.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 21, 2016, 06:35:06 PM
I never had any problem with exchange "wallets'', but many experienced bitcoin enthusiasts say that it's not recommended to use exchange balances as wallet, because it doesn't have the same security of our wallets and it's more exposed to hackers attack or a "scam exchange". We don't know what can happen and our wallet service is more trustful than any exchange (at least the most trustful wallets like Blockchain.info).

But if you money in stored on the internet it's taking some risk anyway. If you want less risk, you need to keep your coins stored on a downloaded wallet in a computer without internet connection preferentially.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
October 21, 2016, 05:03:45 PM
Besides xapo, coinbase and blockchain, I also use wallet from exchanger like from yobit, poloniex and bittrex. Sometimes I can't online for longtime because my career is sailor.

Is exchanger wallets safe?

I have never had any problems with exchange wallets, but i like to have private keys for my addresses. You don't own addresses in exchange platforms, they are only connected to your account.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
October 21, 2016, 02:02:25 PM

I think its more safe to bring your bitcoins into electrum than online wallet save your private keys and passwords so that if you forgot you have some backup to recover it again.. honestly remember bitfinex better to keep safe always your funds than stay it to exchange site its risky for me..
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
October 21, 2016, 01:55:48 PM
Besides xapo, coinbase and blockchain, I also use wallet from exchanger like from yobit, poloniex and bittrex. Sometimes I can't online for longtime because my career is sailor.

Bitcoin is all about being your own bank so It's better to control  your private keys (and use a Desktop/paper/hardware wallets , depends on your needs).
However , some exchange could be considered as safe since some of them (Poloniex) for example , put most of their funds in Cold storage so even If they get hacked , nothing much will happen to users (but no one wants to take that risk). There is always a risk of inside jobs though.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
October 21, 2016, 01:48:06 PM
I don't think exchanger wallets should be considered safer than web wallets or better to use desktop wallets like electrum. I used to save only altcoins in poloniex and bittrex and for bitcoin i think electrum is best place but better you understand all the features of electrum before you start using them.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
October 21, 2016, 10:11:08 AM

As long as you don't hold your own private keys, literally it's not safe when storing coins in third party exchangers especially web wallets.

But it doesn't mean they are fraud and not recommended for storage. There's just chances they are. As you know even a reputable exchange can turned changed into dark side anytime.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
October 21, 2016, 09:56:56 AM

so far, i havent encounter any issues on using exchange wallet, but i only use most of them for a short time. ussually after trading i move them on my main exchange wallet coins.ph for safe keeping
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 21, 2016, 09:54:40 AM

Pages:
Jump to: