Pages:
Author

Topic: Is windows for dummies? - page 3. (Read 3235 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 02, 2012, 11:45:31 PM
Hm, I had planned to just make a little linux box with cards to mine, but would Windows really do fine and not make any hit at all to the power? Hmm... something to think about at least before I move forward.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 01, 2012, 03:57:46 PM
Definitley linux.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
August 01, 2012, 12:38:40 PM
Thanks for all the interesting replys..

I have to admit i really am that dumb i cant use windows properly...

My question should really be is a dummie on windows safe with bitcoin?

I now have a wallet and ready to buy some  Cry

Are is there any last advice.

Encrypt your wallet and back it up in several places.

Only unlock it when you need to spend funds or generate a new address.
Activity: 38
August 01, 2012, 12:10:30 PM
Thanks for all the interesting replys..

I have to admit i really am that dumb i cant use windows properly...

My question should really be is a dummie on windows safe with bitcoin?

I now have a wallet and ready to buy some  Cry

Are is there any last advice.

legendary
August 01, 2012, 12:12:32 AM
heheh...

I guess the universe just guides me to the bugs in any and all software.

I've been known to cause electromagnetic interference from simply being in close proximity to computers or other electronic devices.  I've even made basic handheld calculators malfunction.

Sometimes when I'm feeling good, the opposite will happen and machines that are going crazy will calm down for me.

The last time I tried Ubuntu, it crashed while I was trying to just open and view all of the advanced settings in... whatever it was, don't remember now, but it was only a few minutes after a fresh install.  I was just trying to familiarize myself with the inner workings and it freaked out cause I looked up its skirt and it took a dump on me.

Why am I replying here, I dunno... I found some bugs in the forum while piddling around.  My login counter was frozen for a while until I made another post.

Being logged in "forever" failed once too.  I never closed this tab.  Crazy 1's and 0's getting lost in the ether.  Went to join my left socks.

Our spines are basically just big antennas.  When all your nerves fire together it can produce some small but significant EMI.
Activity: 22
August 01, 2012, 12:11:12 AM
I think windows 7 is smart os, easy to use but most people r still too dumb to use it right.  I don't even use a virus scan, haven't had a virus since windows xp. 7 is just super easy to customize/set up plus is plays DX11 games.
Activity: 20
August 01, 2012, 12:00:06 AM
heheh...

I guess the universe just guides me to the bugs in any and all software.

I've been known to cause electromagnetic interference from simply being in close proximity to computers or other electronic devices.  I've even made basic handheld calculators malfunction.

Sometimes when I'm feeling good, the opposite will happen and machines that are going crazy will calm down for me.

The last time I tried Ubuntu, it crashed while I was trying to just open and view all of the advanced settings in... whatever it was, don't remember now, but it was only a few minutes after a fresh install.  I was just trying to familiarize myself with the inner workings and it freaked out cause I looked up its skirt and it took a dump on me.

Why am I replying here, I dunno... I found some bugs in the forum while piddling around.  My login counter was frozen for a while until I made another post.

Being logged in "forever" failed once too.  I never closed this tab.  Crazy 1's and 0's getting lost in the ether.  Went to join my left socks.
legendary
July 31, 2012, 09:04:59 PM
OSX, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu)...  It really doesn't matter, because I can crash any of them in a matter of minutes just doing "normal" stuff.  Perfect machines with fresh OEM installs too.  I'm a dream employee for beta testing anything.... but I'd be better suited to help design and build things, so they work right in the first place.

This was a 'spam' post to get my count up so I can post my one and only single contribution to this site in a thread for BFL orders.

Cool post dood.

Care to reply Wink?

Anyway, I left windows over a decade ago and couldn't be happier with my computing.  Linux has come a long way in that time.  Sometimes I miss building kernels.  Maybe one day I'll do it just for fun.
Activity: 20
July 31, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
OSX, Windows, Linux (Ubuntu)...  It really doesn't matter, because I can crash any of them in a matter of minutes just doing "normal" stuff.  Perfect machines with fresh OEM installs too.  I'm a dream employee for beta testing anything.... but I'd be better suited to help design and build things, so they work right in the first place.

This was a 'spam' post to get my count up so I can post my one and only single contribution to this site in a thread for BFL orders.
July 31, 2012, 03:23:40 PM
does anyone use bitcoins with windows?

Yes, but I also only use Armory offline transactions.

Thanks that looks like a good tool if you have lots of bitcoin..
Does it require a spare device though?
And if the device breaks can the data be recovered?

Do people use bitcoin with windows online without problems?
July 31, 2012, 01:55:14 PM
Brian Krebs, a security expert, describes how for even online banking the best methods for most windows users is to use a bootable LiveOS:

- http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/07/banking-on-a-live-cd

I dont have time to read but can i guess he doesnt trust windows with banking/money transactions?

does anyone use bitcoins with windows?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
July 31, 2012, 01:02:20 PM
Brian Krebs, a security expert, describes how for even online banking the best methods for most windows users is to use a bootable LiveOS:

- http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/07/banking-on-a-live-cd
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
July 31, 2012, 12:03:07 PM
Linux is better (more secure) than Windows.
July 31, 2012, 11:59:42 AM
Is windows better for dummies with bitcoin?

I tried bitcoin ages ago on linux but are that dumb i never did manage to succsessfully down load a wallet EmbarrassedI am really dumb with computers.
But really want to learn how to use bitcoin safley.

I now have use of a windows..
I managed to get a wallet ok.
Is Windows safe?
Is there anything i should know about using windows and bitcoin ?

Or should i persevere with Linux ubuntu?

Pages:
Jump to: