Pages:
Author

Topic: Isn't anyone else suspicious? - page 2. (Read 2230 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
December 09, 2013, 08:16:17 AM
when people learn that they are better buying Bitcoins that investing in a pre-order than everything will be just fine.

buy only from stock, I don't care about how they will make an Asic let them get a mortgage to finance their own process, because they will have allot risked this will be the only way they will take their clients seriously. and they will race to finish their design ASAP. you see win win case.

It has been proven many times that Holding bitcoins is way better than investing in pre-orders, but people still risk their money just because of "what is it is different this time" .

The problem is that if you wait till there is stock then your unlikely to get any because they will all be sold. :|
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
December 09, 2013, 08:13:58 AM
when people learn that they are better buying Bitcoins than investing in a pre-order than everything will be just fine.

buy only from stock, I don't care about how they will make an Asic let them get a mortgage to finance their own process, because they will have allot risked this will be the only way they will take their clients seriously. and they will race to finish their design ASAP. you see win win case.

It has been proven many times that Holding bitcoins is way better than investing in pre-orders, but people still risk their money just because of "what if it is different this time" .

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 09, 2013, 08:13:56 AM
It is also entirely possible, not to sound all conspiracy-like, that you have a group behind all these rather than small pockets of independents who appear to all be doing the same thing.  Imagine Avalon establishing a disti model where they make unbranded chips and smaller local players can have those chips branded as their own and just have to make hardware.  Avalon was good at making chips but terrible at producing the hardware on time and the international sales market.  If they could just make chips and have everyone else do the work... well...
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
December 09, 2013, 06:29:36 AM
It's a game of risk and reward with a lot of money on the line, it's natural for people to be edgy and a little angry knowing that the gamble for all the next Gen ASIC stuff can go either way. It'll be easy to win or lose, and some ASIC companies will likely go broke in the process.

No one can accurately predict the mining difficulty, which companies will actually deliver first etc, I think it's fair to say although Black Arrow are much further behind then others, I think they will deliver eventually but the fact that they don't even have a full working design hashing at the moment is not a good sign, the thing of it is, that it is china but, production will be easier for them than others, so for them the hurdle more so is getting the working design(Still a BIG hurdle but!).

Hashfast are the typical very slick US style company, they certainly have put forward an image, but I know from my experience, I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and never got a response, I can understand people being edgy about them too.

It's all a gamble, the thing about gambles is someone wins and someone loses, out of all the chaos for the next 6 months there will be losers.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
December 09, 2013, 06:15:54 AM
im not doing pre-orders so i dont care  Tongue
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
December 09, 2013, 06:00:24 AM
I'm not naming names... cough... VMC... cough... Bitmine... but are these "other" 28nm players... cough... BlackArrow... cough... really going to deliver a working ASIC ever?

VMC even claims to be shipping right now but not one person has come forth claiming to have received one.

BlackArrow has been claiming that somehow running a Bitfury mine is proof that they can deliver their own design.

Other seemingly legit companies appear to be completely ignoring their own official threads at BitCoinTalk.

I really think there are some major scandals brewing here and most people seem oblivious.  Oddly, the companies that appear to be closest to delivering (HashFast, Cointerra) have the angriest posters in their official threads.  What is going on here?

Something just doesn't make sense here.
Pages:
Jump to: